- Embedded Systems/VLSI & Robotics
- MCA, PGDCA, M.Sc CS/IT
- Game Design and Development
- Java Certifications
- Telecom Management
- Cyber Security/IT Security
- IBM Mainframe
- Cisco Certifications
- Project Management
- Cloud Computing
- BCA, DCA, B.Sc CS/IT
- Software Testing
- Live/ Real Time Projects
- Six Sigma Certification
- Programming Languages
- ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library)
- Red Hat Certifications
- Mobile Applications
- SAN Certification
- Distance MCA
- Microsoft Certifications
- Ethical Hacking
- Hardware & Networking
- Distance BCA
- Healthcare & Hospital Management
- Dental Surgery
- Clinical Trials
- Clinical Research (CR)
- Beauty, Cosmetology, Hair Dressing & Makeup
- Medical Transcription
- Paramedical Sciences
- Public Health
- Alternate Medicine
Current WAT GD topics for MBA Admission 2014 – Part II
Ipsita Sarkar Gupta | shiksha.com
To know the topics of 2014, we spoke to a few candidates and visited online discussion groups. We have already published one article: IIM Admissions: Actual GD topics and case studies of 2014. Take a look at Part II of the article: topics doing rounds in other B-Schools.
Interestingly, the WAT topic - ‘spending 450 crores on Mars Orbiter with so many Indians below poverty line’ - has come up in at least three B-Schools.
IIM Bangalore WAT topics:
- Pros and cons of the rise of social media as means of communication.
- What are the challenges and issues of delivering cost-effective healthcare solutions to India?
- The Indian Rupee has hit a record low of 60 against US dollar. Write your opinion on how a strong or weak Rupee will affect the Indian economy with reasons.
- Is spending Rs 450 crores on the Mars Orbiter Mission Mangalyaan justified with 400 million people below poverty line in India?
- With food and fuel subsidy emerging as the main fiscal problem of the Indian government, should we do away with it or keep it?
IIM Calcutta WAT topics:
- Urban cities are an illustration of pollution. What measures you will take to prevent it in major metro across India.
- Increasingly, young people have to face a world which is unpredictable, chaotic and full of shocks. What is your survival recipe?
- As democracy has failed in India, it's time to look for alternative forms of government. Argue.
- India recently launched Mars Orbiter. With India is facing issues like poverty and health care, do you think it is a good idea to spend lot of money on such things.
IIFT Essay and GD topics:
Essay: Challenges in food security in developing nations.
GD: Story of Indian NGO – good intention but bad implementation.
Essay: Polar Vortex and Cold weather: does it disprove Global warming?
GD: Using referendum for strategic policies state is this good form of participatory democracy?
Essay: Continuation of IPL for promotion of sports in India.
GD: Are MNCs better than Indian Companies?
Essay: Implications of providing free public utility services.
GD: Is it justifiable to judge a juvenile just on age and not on the nature of crime?
Essay: Will tax reforms increase savings?
GD: Can sportspersons be good administrators?
IIM Kozhikode GD/WAT topics:
The institute gives one topic for GD and WAT.
- In business ‘what you know’ is not that important as 'who you know'?
- Can one become a successful manager by compromising on morality?
- Ecological concern is a luxury for India.
- Since Cyber Bill was not passed, it is impossible to patrol cyberspace.
- Community Water Filters(CWF) are more economical than Individual Water Filters (IWF).
Symbiosis International University WAT:
This time, SIU gave an essay topic and another ‘comment on the picture’ essay.
Essay: Women are now managing both office work and household chores. This has taken a toll on their happiness and health.
Picture essay: A picture of Shiva’s half immersed statue during Uttarakhand flash floods- Refer link.
Essay: Health is wealth and its implications in your personal life
Picture essay: Iconic photo of vulture preying upon an Sudanese toddler. Refer Link.
Essay: 'Freedom of expression. Is censorship justified? Cite examples of artistic freedom curbed in fields of cinema, art, and media.
Picture essay: Anonymous Revolution logo. Refer Link.
Essay: Companies using social media as an emerging platform for marketing their goods and services.
Picture essay: Old Apple logo. Refer link.
Essay: Indian cinema produces more than 1000 films per year, do you think it has cultural impact at Global level?
Picture essay: Amul’s image. Refer Link.