Manashjyoti HazarikaManager Content
CEED 2023 - IIT Bombay will release the CEED 2023 application form on October 5, 2022. Online registrations without a late fee are open till November 11; however, with a late fee of INR 500, registrations can be completed by November 18, 2022.
IIT Bombay has also released the CEED 2023 information brochure that contains key details pertaining to the question paper structure, eligibility, syllabus, and instructions for filling out the form.
The CEED application process will include steps like registration, filling out the form, uploading documents, and payment of the exam fee.
However, CEED 2023 exam date hasn't been released yet.
The exam will have two parts - online-based Part A which will be held online and include objective-type questions, and an offline-based Part B. Part A will evaluate the design aptitude of the candidate, while Part B will test the design, drawing, and writing skills of the candidate.
The results for CEED 2023 will be declared tentatively in the 2nd week of March. The CEED scorecard will be valid for a period of one year from the declaration of results.
- What is the CEED 2023 exam?
- CEED Application Form 2023
- CEED Eligibility Criteria 2023
- CEED 2023 Exam Highlights
- CEED 2023 Exam Dates & Events
- CEED 2023 Admission Process
- CEED Exam Pattern 2023
- CEED Syllabus 2023
- CEED Answer Key and Question Paper 2023
- CEED Result 2023
- CEED Cutoff 2023
- CEED 2023 - Exam-day guidelines
- Colleges Accepting CEED 2023 Scores for Admissions
- CEED Exam Analysis & Student Reaction
- CEED 2023 - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the CEED 2023 exam?
The M.Des program is available at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati,
IIT Hyderabad, IIT Kanpur, IIT Roorkee and IIITDM Jabalpur. Meanwhile, the PhD course is available at several IITs and design schools.
The participating institutes will shortlist candidates based on CEED scores and may conduct further tests/interviews before final admission.
Does a CEED score guarantee admission?
No, the admitting institute will have its own eligibility criteria pertaining to the admission process. The CEED score is simply one of many criteria for admission.
CEED Application Form 2023
The application form for the CEED 2023 exam will commence on October 5. Regular registration will close on November 11; however, with a late fee of INR 500, registrations are open till November 18, 2022.
The CEED 2023 application is for admission to the M.Des and Ph.D. courses.
Candidates who meet the prescribed eligibility criteria for their program need to duly fill out the form and submit it before the last date.
The step-wise process to fill out the CEED 2023 application form is explained in brief below.
- Online registration - The candidate will have to get registered through the official portal by entering their email id, name, date of birth, etc. On successful registration, an applicant account will be created.
- Check eligibility - The candidate will next have to undergo an eligibility check process, wherein he/she has to enter their qualifying exam, passing year, and mobile number.
- Fill in the form - Next fill in personal, academic, and contact details. The candidate also has to select THREE exam centres, in the order of priority.
- Upload documents – The candidate has to next upload photo, signature, and qualifying exam certificates in the prescribed format.
- Payment of the exam fee: After confirming that the application form is complete in all respects, pay the exam fee online using net banking, credit, or debit cards.
CEED Eligibility Criteria 2023
The eligibility criteria that candidates need to meet for appearing in the CEED 2023 exam have been explained in the table below.
The candidate must have completed a degree, diploma, or postgraduate program of a minimum of THREE years (after 10+2).
Appearing for the final exam of such a program by July 2023
Must have passed the GD Arts diploma program (10+5) level by July 2023.
No age limit.
Number of Attempts
The CEED exam can be attempted any number of times.
Note: The eligibility criteria for admission to a participating institute may differ from the eligibility criteria for appearing in the CEED exam. So, candidates are urged to consult the admission criteria for the respective institutes before appearing in the CEED 2023 entrance exam.
CEED 2023 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Common Entrance Examination for Design|
|Conducting Institute||Indian Institute of Technology Bombay ((IIT Bombay)|
|Exam Frequency||One a year|
The entrance exam will have two parts. Both parts are mandatory.
|Mode of application||
Applications will open tentatively in September.
SC, ST, PwD, and women candidates - INR 1600.
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Test Takers||5,564 (CEED 2020)|
|IIT Guwahati Design Courses & Fee Structure
IIT Delhi Design Courses & Fee Structure
Top-ranked design colleges in India 2022
|Related Exam||UCEED 2023|
CEED 2023 Exam Dates & Events
IIT Bombay has announced the CEED 2023 application form start and end dates. The remaining schedule will be released shortly.
|Online application starts for CEED 2023||5-Oct-2022||Applications will open online at ceedapp.iitb.ac.in/CEED/home.jsp|
|Last date to submit applications||
|Last date to fill the form with late fees||
The late fee of INR 500 has to be paid in addition to the application fee.
|Downloading of CEED admit card||To be notified||
The admit card will contain details like the candidate's name, roll number, date and time of exam, and address of the allotted exam centre.
On exam day, bring along the admit card and a valid photo id proof.
|Last date for rectification of discrepancies in the
|To be notified|
|CEED exam day||To be notified||The exam will be conducted across 24 test cities.|
|Draft CEED answer key||To be notified||
The draft key will be released for Part A only. Part B contains subjective questions, and as such there will be no model solutions.
Candidates can also report any discrepancies in the draft key.
|Objections against the draft answer key||To be notified||Discrepancies in the draft key have to be reported through the candidate portal.|
|Final CEED answer key||To be notified||
The final key will be prepared after considering feedback from the candidate.
The keys in the final key will be considered the correct answers, and it can't be challenged any further.
|Cut-off marks for Part-A||To be notified||-|
|Declaration of CEED result||To be notified||
The result would contain:
|Issue of CEED scorecard||To be notified||
The scorecard will be released for all candidates who have appeared in the exam. However,
CEED 2023 Admission Process
Step 1: Fill CEED Application Form
The candidate has to first apply for the exam by filling out the CEED application form, which will open online at the official admission portal of IIT Bombay - ceed.iitb.ac.in.
Step 2: Download CEED Admit Card
IIT Bombay will issue CEED admit cards to candidates who have successfully applied for the exam a few weeks before the exam. It is mandatory for candidates to carry a photo id proof along with the admit card on exam day.
Step 3: Appear in CEED 2023
The CEED question paper is divided into two parts – A and B. The candidate has to appear in both parts.
Part A will comprise objective-type questions, while Part B will be subjective-type.
Step 4: Check CEED Result
CEED results will be declared on the official website of the design entrance exam. Candidates can check their score and rank by logging in to the result. It may be noted that Part B will be evaluated only if the candidate has qualified Part A.
|Minimum Marks to Qualify CEED 2022 Part A Exam|
Step 5: Check Admission Status Post CEED 2023 Exam
Clearing the CEED exam does not guarantee admission to any of the colleges accepting CEED exam scores. After qualifying for the CEED exam, aspirants need to appear for admission tests as well as interviews conducted by the CEED 2023 participating institutes.
CEED Exam Pattern 2023
The CEED question paper will have two parts - Part A and Part B; both parts are mandatory.
The exam pattern for both parts is given in the table below.
Answers have to be entered in the answer booklet provided by the invigilator.
However, candidates will still need to tick the appropriate box on the computer screen to indicate that you have answered the question.
The paper will be a Design Aptitude Test.
It will test the visual and spatial ability, environmental and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning, language, observation and design sensitivity of candidates.
The following skills will be tested:
Type of questions
Objective-type questions of following THREE types:
Number of questions
Shortlisting of candidates: Note that the Part B question paper will only be evaluated if the candidate qualified Part A.
Go through the detailed CEED 2023 exam pattern to learn more.
CEED Syllabus 2023
Along with the exam pattern, the candidate must also carefully go through the syllabus for the CEED 2023. The syllabus will guide the candidate as to which topics to prepare for the exam.
Given that the syllabus may be changed or updated from time to time, it is important to follow only the current and official syllabus.
The CEED 2023 exam will have two parts - Part A and Part B. The important topics for both parts is given in the table below.
CEED 2023 Syllabus for Part A and Part B
To check out the details syllabus for CEED 2023 - Click Here
CEED Answer Key and Question Paper 2023
IIT Bombay will release the draft CEED 2023 answer key and question paper for Part A within a week or so after the conduct of the entrance exam. The answer key will contain the official answers to all the questions asked in Part A.
The candidate by comparing their answers with the official keys can calculate probable scores. Note that no answer keys will be released for the subjective-based Part B paper. This is because there are no model solutions for the subjective questions.
- The answer key and question papers will be released on the official website; the direct link will be provided on this page.
- Candidates can report discrepancies, if any, against the draft key.
- Comments or objections against the draft key have to be filed through the candidate portal.
- To make an objection (or complaint), the candidate must use the Master Question Paper, which will be uploaded on the official website.
- The response of candidates for Part A will be available for download only till the result of the CEED 2023 exam is declared.
The marks of CEED 2023 Part A will be used to shortlist candidates
The results of CEED 2023 will be declared by IIT Bombay tentatively in the 2nd week of March 2023. The result will include the marks obtained by candidates in Part A. However, the marks of Part B and CEED 2023 merit rank will only be released only for shortlisted candidates.
To be included in the shortlist, candidates need to qualify Part A.
Part B is descriptive and as such it will be evaluated holistically based on the criteria mentioned in the question paper. The evaluated Answer Booklet for Part B will not be released to the candidate. Also, there will be no provision to re-evaluate either Part A or Part B.
- The scorecard of CEED 2023 will be available for download tentatively from the 2nd week of March to the 2nd week of June 14, 2023.
- The scorecard will be released online and has to be downloaded through the candidate portal. Hard copies of the scorecard will not be sent to the candidate.
- The final CEED score will be calculated by giving 25% weightage to Part A and 75% weightage to Part B.
- The CEED 2023 scorecard will be valid for a period of ONE year from the date of declaration of results.
- The scorecard can't be used as proof of date of birth, category, or disability status.
IIT Bombay will release cutoff marks for Part A, which contains objective-type questions. However, no cut-off marks will be released for the subjective-based Part B. The cut-off marks for Part A will be category-specific. Candidates who meet the cutoff criteria for Part A will be shortlisted and their Part B answer books will be evaluated.
Key points related to CEED 2022 Cut-off marks for Part A
- The cutoff marks would be released only for Part A; no cutoffs will be released for Part B
- The category-specific cutoff marks would be calculated using a pre-defined formula.
- Part B will be evaluated only for shortlisted candidates or such candidates who meet the cutoff in their respective categories
- Part B will be evaluated manually.
CEED 2023 - Exam-day guidelines
- Arrive at the exam center on time.
- Document checklist - Bring with you the admit card and a photo ID proof.
- Don't carry non-essential stuff with you, as exam officials may not arrange for a baggage counter.
- Maintain exam decorum, including following instructions given by the invigilator, wearing a decent dress, and not adopting unfair means like cheating.
- Don't carry electronic gadgets, written material, or any illegal items inside the exam hall
- Follow COVID guidelines, like maintaining social distancing, wearing masks, and carrying a hand sanitizer.
Colleges Accepting CEED 2023 Scores for Admissions
Given below is the list of CEED 2023 participating colleges:
|IISc Bangalore||Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing|
|IIT Bombay||Industrial Design Centre (IDC)|
|IIT Delhi||Department of Design|
|IIT Guwahati||Department of Design|
|IIT Hyderabad||Department of Design|
|IIITDM Jabalpur||Design Discipline|
|IIT Kanpur||Design Programme|
Given below is the list of CEED result-sharing institutes:
|World University of Design (WUD)||Delhi/NCR|
|Shiv Nadar University||Greater Noida, Delhi-NCR|
|Central Institute of Technology (CIT)||Kokrajhar|
|UPES School of Design Studies||Dehradun|
|School of Planning and Architecture||Bhopal|
|Delhi Technological University||New Delhi|
|JK Lakshmipat University||Jaipur|
|Srishti Manipal Institute of Art, Design and Technology||Bengaluru|
CEED Exam Analysis & Student Reaction
The exam analysis and student reactions for the CEED 2023 exam will be updated here immediately after the conclusion of the entrance exam.
The CEED 2023 exam analysis and student reaction will include information like:
- The difficulty level of the CEED 2023 exam
- Sectional difficulty level;
- Topics from which questions are asked; the number of questions from each topic
- Whether there were any technical glitches during the exam or did the question paper include any wrong questions
- Expected category-wise cutoff for Part A
CEED 2021 Student Reaction
CEED 2021 exam was conducted across 24 test cities on January 17..
Shiksha covered the exam at CEED exam centre located at Sarita Vihar where more than 800 students took the exam. Most of the students found CEED 2021 to be easy to moderate in terms of difficulty level. Go through detailed CEED 2021 student reaction here.
CEED 2020 Student Reaction
CEED 2020 exam was conducted across 24 test cities on January 18. Students shared that they found CEED 2020 to be easier than the previous edition. Go through detailed CEED 2020 student reaction here.
CEED 2023 - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
When will the CEED 2023 application form open?
Q. What is the eligibility criteria for appearing in the CEED 2023 entrance exam?
Q. How can I fill the CEED 2023 application form?
- Get registered by entering details like name, email id, mobile number, and date of birth. On successful registration, an applicant account will be created.
- Next, log in to the candidate account and fill in personal, academic, and contact details.
- Select test centres; a maximum of three exam centres can be selected in the order of priority.
- Upload scanned images of your photograph and signature, and certificates.
- Pay the application fee - The exam fee is Rs. 3200 for Open, and INR 1600 for SC, ST, PwD and women candidates.
Q. What is the exam fee for CEED 2023?
|Women candidates||INR 1600|
|SC, ST, PwD candidates||INR 1600|
|All other categories||INR 3200|
Q. What document I need to upload when filling the CEED 2023 application form?
|Degree/Diploma certificate.||30-500 KB|
|Category certificate (if applicable)||Less tha 500 KB|
|PwD certificate||Less tha 500 KB|
|PwD candidates opting for services of a scribe||Less tha 500 KB|
|Candidates whose name is not the same as the name on the degree/diploma certificate||Less tha 500 KB|
Q. When will the CEED 2023 exam be conducted?
Q: Is it mandatory to clear both Part A and B of CEED exam?
Q. Is CEED exam tough?
Q. How many seats are there in CEED?
Q. How can I prepare for CEED exam?
Q. How many students appear for CEED exam?
Q. What is the difference between CEED and UCEED exam?
Q. When will CEED 2023 draft answer key be released?
Q. Can I challenge the CEED 2023 answer key?
CEED 2023 Contact Information
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Phone No.: +912225769093 / +912225769094
(Mon to Fri 09:30 – 17:30 hrs)
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org