443 offers to students across all programs at DA-IICT
Highest CTC on campus stood at 52.75 lakhs per annum; average at 13.61 lakhs per annum
The Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology (DA-IICT) has announced an update on the successful placements season for the year 2022. A total of 443 offers were made and the highest CTC recorded on campus this year was Rs 52.5 lakhs per annum.
The placements process has been conducted for all UG and PG programs offered by the Institute, B.Tech (Information and Communication Technology) B.Tech (Honours) in ICT with minor in Computational Science, B.Tech (Mathematics & Computing), M.Tech (ICT) with specializations in (a) Machine Learning, (b) Software Systems, and (c) VLSI and Embedded Systems", M.Tech (EC), M.Sc (Data Science), M.Sc. (Information Technology), M.Des. (Communication Design) and Ph.D. (Regular) and Ph.D. (Rolling).
Highlights of the Placements 2022 at DA-IICT
1. A total of 443 offers were made.
2. The highest CTC recorded on campus this year was Rs 52.5 lakhs per annum and the highest average CTC/ salary figure stood at 13.61 lakhs.
3. The compensation offered to DA-IICT grads for under graduate and post graduate programs has been on an upward curve over the last few years,
4. For the first time, 4 top companies, Google, Microsoft, Sprinklr and De Shaw shared the Day I slot of placements and collectively made 36 offers to final year and 62 offers to pre-final year students.
5. Several companies offered noteworthy roles to students from various programs. Some of the roles included Software Development Engineer, Full Stack Developer, UX Designer, R&D Engineer, Data Scientist, Associate Technical Consultant, Application Developer, Software Development Engineer, etc and more.
A total number of 140+ companies participated in the placements process. The list of recruiters at DA-IICT every year spans leading corporates as well as reputed start-ups from diverse areas. Many of the participating companies are repeat recruiters, who have been encouraged by the performance of DA-IICT alumni at their respective organisations.
The Placement Cell at DA-IICT, ably supported by a dedicated committee with inclusion of students representatives which play a crucial role in contributing to the success of the placements at the Institute year on year. It has a clear mission of ensuring the best placements opportunities for the students to advance their careers. The placement policy has been articulated in consultation with the Students’ Placement Committee. The Placement Cell regularly organizes career-oriented technical and professional talks and creates opportunities for students to engage and learn from experts and alumni of the Institute. These interventions provide the graduating classes with the requisite exposure to the latest trends in the industry and prepare them to attend interviews with their prospective employers confidently. As a result of their collective efforts, the number of students being placed through campus interviews at DA-IICT has been increasing every year.
This year, the placements process was conducted in a virtual mode with recruiters and students participating online due to the pandemic-induced restrictions. The process is expected to conclude soon, post which the final placements figures would be available on the Institute’s website.
Despite the challenging business scenario last year, DA-IICT grads have been offered a wide variety of roles and competitive compensation packages by the industry, reposing their confidence in Institute and the learning it provides to its students.
- COVID-19: IIT Madras trial shows Indomethacin Drug efficacy in hospitalized patient treatment
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham to offer Scholarships to 350 African Students
Abhay an alumnus of IIMC and Delhi University, has over a decade long experience of reporting on various beats of journalism. During his free time he prefers listening to music or play indoor and outdoor games.