This article will list the best job in IT without programming requirements. Take a look to identify the most suitable job for your profile.
While programming is an important skill to have in the IT industry, it might not be everyone’s forte. If you lack programming skills and are looking for non-coding IT jobs, do not worry. There are several jobs in IT without programming that you can check out. In this article, we will discuss the best job in IT without programming requirements.
Table of Contents
Why Choose the IT Sector for Jobs?
IT is a growing sector that has provided employment to billions of people across the globe. This service industry has many opportunities for individuals with different talents and skillsets. The industry has been generating increased revenues for the past few years thus making it one of the fast-growing sectors. As per Statista, the following have been observed in the IT industry:
- In 2021, the spending in the IT sector in India was more than $95 billion.
- The IT-BPM industry contributed a share of approximately 8% to the country’s GDP in the fiscal year 2021.
- By the fiscal year 2021, the IT-BPM industry has more than 4 million employed personnel.
- As per the projections, the spending will cross $101 billion in 2022.
- Growth is expected to continue through the year 2024 at a 5% CAGR.
- Forecasts suggest that the sector will grow by 104% between 2018 and 2023.
IT Jobs Without Programming Requirements
Following are the best job in IT without programming requirements:
1. Data Analyst
Data Analyst is among the best job in IT without programming skills. A data analyst is a professional who helps organizations in making data-driven decisions that will lead to an increase in revenue, profits and market size. They also analyse data sets to resolve problems related to customers in a business. A data analyst has the following responsibilities:
- Using automated tools for data extraction from primary and secondary sources
- Fixing coding errors and removing corrupted data
- Developing and maintaining databases
- Reorganizing the data into a readable format
- Performing analysis to assess data quality
- Identifying and correcting code issues by filtering data by reviewing reports and performance indicators
- Using statistical tools for identifying, analyzing, and interpreting patterns and trends in complex data sets for diagnosis and predictions
- Assigning numerical values to essential business functions to assess and compare business performance
- Analyzing trends that may impact both organization and the industry
- Preparing reports stating patterns, trends and predictions using relevant data
- Identifying process improvement areas, proposing system modifications and devising data governance strategies
- Preparing final analysis reports to understand data analysis steps
Explore free data analysis courses
A data analyst requires the following skills to perform their responsibilities:
- Knowledge of statistics and statistical packages such as SPSS, MS Excel, SAS for data set analysis
- Proficiency in data models, database design development, data mining techniques and segmentation.
- Knowledge of data visualization software such as Tableau, ClickView, Power BI, Qlik, Data Studio
- Working knowledge of data processing platforms such as Hadoop and Apache Spark
- Advanced mathematical skills such as probability, linear algebra, vectors and matrices, multivariate calculus
- Understanding of Econometrics
Explore free Hadoop courses
There is no major need for coding for data analysts. However, it is preferable to have basic knowledge of R, Python and SAS for basic data wrangling.
Check out Data Analyst salary
2. QA Tester
QA testers document issues that can disrupt the user experience with the software. They play an important part in software development by ensuring that the end product is high quality. These professionals have the following responsibilities:
- Reviewing and analyzing the system specifications
- Executing test scripts and analyzing results
- Evaluating the product code as per the specifications
- Reporting bugs and errors to the development teams
- Conducting post-release testing
- Experience in QA methodology and project management
- Knowledge of Agile frameworks and regression testing
- Working knowledge of the test management software such as qTest, Zephyr, etc.
- Understanding of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Check out QA tester salary
3. UX Designers
These are the professionals who ensure that the outcome looks appealing with ease of use. Their aim is to design software and platforms that meet user requirements. They are responsible for how the digital interface feels. A UX designer has the following responsibilities:
- Conducting concept and usability testing
- Creating personas via user research
- Defining the right interaction model and evaluating its success
- Developing wireframes and prototypes as per the user requirement
- Building storyboards to conceptualize designs
- Implementing designs by working with UI designers
- Communicating the design ideas and prototypes to developers
Explore UX courses
A UX designer should have the following skills to succeed in their domain
- Understanding of graphic design and web technologies
- Working knowledge of wireframing tools such as UXPin, Figma, Adobe XD
- Design Expert Evaluation techniques such as Heuristics
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Fluent in different software platforms
Check out UX designer salary
UX designers do not require writing lines of code. However, learning basic coding will be helpful since they have to work closely with developers during the prototyping phase.
4. AWS Solution Architect
It can be considered one of the best job in IT without programming requirements. AWS Solution Architects deploy applications to the infrastructure in the AWS cloud. Such professionals help in developing advanced cloud-based solutions. They have the following responsibilities:
- Finding solutions to issues related to technology implementation
- Ensuring sustainability of the configuration management
- Deciding on the system maintenance and future scaling
- Minimizing risks associated with the third-party platforms
- Ensuring the proper implementation of infrastructure and architecture
- Monitoring systems to ensure that business goals are met
- Ability to use services such as CloudFront (CDN), Route 53 (DNS), and Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) to design cloud networking
- Working knowledge of data storage fundamentals and Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Knowledge of services including SNS, SQS and RDS
- Understanding scripting languages such as bash and PowerShell
- Fluency in operating systems such as Windows, Linux, Unix, Solaris, Ubuntu, etc.
The role of an AWS Solution Architect does not have any specific coding requirements. However, learning a programming language will be helpful in the long run.
Check out AWS Architect Salary
5. Search Engine Optimization Specialists
SEO specialists are professionals who test and analyse a website to ensure that it is optimized for search engines. These professionals work towards increasing website traffic and lead volume. They have the following responsibilities:
- Developing strategies to increase the search engine results ranking of the website.
- Executing tests, collecting and analyzing data to identify trends through paid search campaigns to achieve maximum ROI.
- Collaborating with the web development team to ensure that SEO practices are properly followed throughout the website content.
- Working with marketing teams to create SEO friendly content.
- Ensuring page optimization for search engine marketing.
- Improving website architecture to improve SEO positions for the targeted keywords.
- Determining measurable goals to demonstrate improvement.
- Monitoring performance metrics using SEO tools such as Google Analytics.
Explore free SEO courses
- Basic understanding of web designs
- In-depth knowledge of Search engine algorithms
- Experience in competitive SEO analysis
- Proficiency in SEO tools such as Google Analytics and Google Search Console
Check out SEO Specialist salary
6. Citizen Developers
These are the business users who can create applications without coding using low code and no-code development platforms. They create application capabilities for themselves using tools that are not actively forbidden by the IT team.
They learn visual interface drag-and-drop systems to connect components for creating applications without coding. These professionals are a subset of business technologists. Citizen developers have the following responsibilities:
- Identifying the business needs and developing tools based on these needs.
- Ensuring that end-users specific requirements are being met.
- Increasing the efficiency of the IT team by performing basic app-building processes.
- Knowledge of business processes and operational needs
- Working knowledge of workflow analytics, document generation and no-code bot automation
Explore Popular Online Courses
These are some of the best job in IT without programming requirements. With little or basic knowledge, you can continue to grow in the domain and become successful in the long run.
Can I get a job in IT without coding?
Yes, certain IT job profiles such as QA tester, SEO specialists, UX designers, data analysts do not require coding.
Do cybersecurity professionals need to have the knowledge of coding?
For entry-level positions, coding is not required for cyber security professionals. Upper-level positions do require coding to progress in the field.
Can I get into IT field with no experience?
Yes, you can get into the IT field with no experience but only for entry-level jobs. Advanced level jobs will require industry experience.
How can I get a job in IT without a degree?
If you do not have a degree, then you will have to do technical certifications to get into the IT sector. One such example is AWS certification courses.
Download this article as PDF to read offlineDownload as PDF