Banking and finance is a massive and ever-expanding sector. Looking at the fundamentals of the industry and favorable economic growth, professionals must pursue a strategic change to get ahead in this rapidly evolving marketplace environment. That’s where the Executive Programme in Banking and the financial sector matters!
Banking demands cross-functionality and knowledge about legal aspects, regulatory compliance, risk management, conflict handling, and technology. Hence, it is essential for banking professionals to take up industry-relevant certifications like Executive Programme in Banking and Financial Sector, which can offer a broad sketch of the key ideas and techniques needed to suffice and grow in the current banking environment favorably.
Why Should You Take up Executive Programme in Banking and Financial Sector?
- It enhances the existing experience concerning banking and equips you with the skills to master the cross-functional roles within the organization.
- It prepares you for the forthcoming trends in banking like the “FinTech Revolution.”
- A certificate from well-recognized institutes promotes your brand value and makes you more marketable.
Which are the Best Banking and Financial Course for Working Professionals?
If you are a working professional, you can opt for Hughes Executive Programme in Banking and Financial Sector by IIM Calcutta. This professional 1-year course is designed for banking specialists and managers, keeping in mind the challenges they face. It is a perfect blend of excellent pedagogy, international faculty, and a Capstone group project.
The course syllabus offers exposure and in-depth banking knowledge, and it covers topics like:
- Accounting and Finance
- Organizational behavior
- Quantitative tools
- Strategy and marketing
- Capstone Project
Key Highlights of the Course:
- Duration – 1 year
- Assessment – Written test exam, assignments, project, and online exam
- Certificate – A recognized certification from IIM Calcutta
- Additional Benefits – IIMC Alumni membership
- Candidate must be a working professional having a minimum 3 years and a maximum 7 years of work experience.
- Candidate must be a Graduate or Post Graduate with at least 50% of aggregate marks.
- The degree should be UGC/AICTE recognized.
Once you meet the eligibility criteria, your profile will be screened, and IIM Calcutta will conduct the selection process.
Faculty for Executive Programme:
- Arpita Ghosh
- Partha Ray
- Rajiv Kumar
What Skills Will I Acquire by Pursuing Executive Banking and Finance Programme?
- Exposure to various banking domains, including fintech analytics, legal aspects, statistical tools, risk management, etc.
- Get a platform to adapt the stringent banking requirements and regulations dynamically
- Learn about different elements of the financial sector and financial markets
- Get detailed knowledge of microeconomic forces
- Understand the pillars of Basel regulation
- Gain exposure to develop and handle innovative financial products
- Ability to manage macroeconomic risk
- Improve your scope for strategy formulation and implementation
- Nurture the skills required for effectively managing digital finance
- Gain in-depth knowledge to develop new perspectives, which are essential for aiming for senior positions in the banking industry
- Exposure to different tools used for developing banking strategies
- Exposure to integrating finance functions in the current institute’s strategic plan
- Ability to unfold the latest developments in banking
- Strong decision-making capability to cope up when the economy is slow
- Augment inter-personal & leadership skills
Trending Career Prospects and Jobs in Banking and Finance
- Sales Executive & Banking Finance
- Finance Accounts
- Investment Analyst
- Accounts & Finance Executive
- Finance Manager
- Vice President – Accounts & Finance
- Branch Premier Account Manager
Top Recruiters Hiring Banking and Finance experts
- Bajaj Finance Ltd.
- Muthoot Finance Ltd.
- IDFC First Bank Ltd.
- Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd. (HDFC)
- Tata Capital Financial Services Ltd.
- Aditya Birla Finance Ltd.
- LIC Housing Finance Ltd.
- PNB Housing Finance Ltd.
All the Best!
Download this article as PDF to read offlineDownload as PDF