Development and programming jobs are among the fastest-growing jobs out there. Which explains why more and more people are flocking toward them.
Software development is a versatile field where a programmer needs to get updated with the new programming language, top online courses, technologies, and frameworks to stay relevant. They work with software development technologies that deal with the application framework, computer systems design, application development, and manufacturing.
Must read: What is Programming? All You Need To Know
Online courses play an essential role in molding the career path of a developer. With these courses, one can learn how to modify their programming skills and build a career in a developer role. We have compiled a list of top online courses that are easily accessible and affordable for aspiring candidates who want to start their careers as software developer.
Explore popular Programming Courses
Best technologies and tools to get hired fast
Technical skills that you have to acknowledge to get hired as a developer in a renowned company like Google, Amazon, or Microsoft, are:
- OOPs concept, algorithms, data structure, and database
- Python and necessary data science libraries like NumPy
- Command-line tools like Linux, Git, and Bash
- UI/UX skills
- Agile development
- Backend computing
- Web development languages like HTML 5 and CSS
- Data structures and algorithms
Here is a list of courses from 7 top-rated platforms that can help you build programming skills and get a developer job
Front-End Web Development with React
Getting Started With Application Development
Kotlin for Java Developers
Multiplatform Mobile App Development with Web Technologies: Ionic and Cordova
AWS Developer: Building on AWS
DevOps for Developers: How to Get Started
Project: Create an iOS app from start to finish
The Software Architect Code: Building the Digital World
Become a Blockchain Developer
Android Basics by Google
How to Make a Platformer Using libGDX
Designing RESTful APIs
You can also explore: Top Courses for Frontend and Backend Development
The Complete Android & Java Developer Course – Build 21 Apps
Android App Development Masterclass using Kotlin
Learn Flutter & Dart to Build iOS & Android Apps
The Complete Android Oreo Developer Course – Build 23 Apps!
What are some typical developer interview questions?
The developers commonly ask some questions at the time of the job interview.
- Which programming language are you proficient at and why?
- Provide an example of software or application you have built and what programming language was used.
- Showcase your Github portfolio
- How do you follow to get updated with new technologies related to development?
- What are the recent projects you are working on?
Some more tips for increasing your chances of getting hired:
- Grow your network and meet industry leaders to get an understanding of trending technologies and best practices
- Take part in programming events- build your competitive programming skills
- Attend tech meetups to interact with fellow developers
- Build a strong Github portfolio
If you have recently completed a professional course/certification, click here to submit a review.
Download this article as PDF to read offlineDownload as PDF