Technology is evolving at a rapid pace and it requires you to keep growing by learning advanced tech skills. In the software industry, organizations, as well as candidates, need to be updated with the skills trending in the market to get the perfect tech role and to make the right career choices.
According to a survey by Udemy, over 50% of company learning & development leaders said technical skills were their top priority for training in 2020.
As technology keeps racing ahead, you will have to get yourself ready to stand out from the crowd by learning the trending tech skills. Based on recent trends – 3 such emerging tech skills are Cloud computing, Game development, and DevOps.
Cloud Computing is one of the in-demand skills that has become a buzzword nowadays among IT professionals. It provides multiple options to the candidates to showcase their technical skills. It is used to develop and keep track of everything that is dynamic or changing in a smaller span of time, which is not an easy task to manage.
According to Forbes, 83% of organization workloads will be in the cloud by 2020. Companies are seeking employees to manage cloud adoption and can maintain the dynamic changes in the process. It is expected to sustain cloud computing as a priority in the coming years too.
Top Cloud computing skills
- Cloud Security
- Cloud Migration and Deployment within Multi-Cloud Environments
- Serverless Architecture
- AWS deployments and solutions
- Iaas, Paas, Saas, Cloud delivery models
- CloudFront, Route 53, CloudFormation, AWS Import/Export, CloudTrail
- Database Skills
- Programming Languages
- Linux Certification
- Firewalls, Security, Load balancers, CDN
- Cloud Computing Security
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner 2020 Ultimate Exam Training
- Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD)
- IaaS Cloud Computing with Openstack Masterclass-Part 2
- Cloud Adoption Essentials: Learn the 8 Step Roadmap
- Cloud Computing Applications, Part-2: Big Data and Applications in the Cloud
Game development is a role that is in-demand with a good balance of creativity, entertainment, and technology. Game developers work to write and program imaginative games for a range of video game consoles. Mounting a new reality is not possible in the real world, but it is possible in the world of game development.
The global gaming industry reaped an astonishing US$109 billion in sales in the year 2019. Excluding the major markets of China, Japan, and Korea, the rest of Asia is expected to be the fastest-growing region in the coming years, with total games revenue expected to reach US$10.5 billion in 2020.
Also, game development is an excellent career choice if you are a skilled programmer who is enthusiastic about making video games. Game programming jobs are highly creative. It is a role that is in high demand with a good balance of creativity, entertainment, and technology.
Top Game development skills
- C#, C, Java, Android, and Simulators
- GIT, SVN
- Unity 3D engine
- Java Scripts, jQuery or AngularJS
- Animations integration
- Game analytics integration
- MySQL, and/or Microsoft SQL Server
- Unity Multiplayer Game Development with Node
- Complete C# Unity Developer 2D: Learn to Code Making Games
- Unreal Engine C++ Developer: Learn C++ and Make Video Games
- Building your First VR Experience with Unity
- HarvardX’s Computer Science for Game Development
- Make a 3D Portals Clone in Unity3D and Blender from Scratch
- Create a 3D Game in Augmented Reality | Step-by-Step Videos
- Character Design for Video Games
- Learn to Build 40 2D and 3D Games in Unity
There are different software companies that have started adopting DevOps practices to stabilize work strategies with the development and operations process parallelly. DevOps engineer becomes one of the most sought after roles in the technology sector today with an excellent salary and career growth.
Organizations like Amazon and Facebook to Walmart and Netflix are progressively using DevOps to manage the accelerated and steady delivery of software and security updates to their users. There are small businesses or companies that are making inroads into DevOps as well.
Top DevOps skills
- Java software, Bash, Python
- Git, Github, Gerrit, Jenkins, Maven
- CI (continuous integration) tools
- SaltStack, Docker, Windows PowerShell DSC
- Ansible, Kubernetes, Chef, Puppet or Nagios
- Openstack and cloud
- MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL
- DevOps on AWS: Learn to Set Up your Infrastructure on Cloud
- Ansible for the Absolute Beginner Hands-on-DevOps
- DevOps Certified IT Professional
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Training
- Jenkins from Zero to Hero become a DevOps Jenkins Master
- DevOps Project CI/CD with Jenkins Ansible Docker Kubernetes
- Learn DevOps: Infrastructure Automation with Terraform
- Docker for the Absolute Beginner-Hands-on-DevOps
Whether you’re new to coding and tech, or you are working with some organization already and are ready to kick start your career in a specific technology, the trending tech skills listed in this post will help you stand out in the market by leveling up your knowledge without spending a fortune. To get started, you can choose to take up any of the courses listed in this post and refurbish your career opportunities.