Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a comprehensive cloud computing platform offered by Amazon, providing a wide range of scalable and cost-effective services. It enables businesses to access computing resources such as storage, databases, networking, and more, allowing them to innovate and deploy applications quickly without the need for heavy upfront investments in hardware.
Cloud computing has emerged as a new paradigm for delivering hosted services over the internet. Skills like AWS are in high demand, and getting AWS certified is one of the best ways to get started. This blog gives you 10 reasons to learn AWS.
Amazon Web Services, or AWS, is a cloud computing platform that helps users build their applications over the cloud. It provides scalable, cost-effective cloud computing solutions to help businesses scale and grow.
AWS has the largest and most dynamic community, with millions of active customers and thousands of partners worldwide. Many notable companies like Netflix, Pinterest, General Electrics, Dropbox, Etsy, Zoopla, Instagram, IMDb, AirBnB, and institutions like NASA, currently use AWS.
This article presents the top 10 reasons why you should learn AWS. Before we get started with exploring the reasons, let’s take a look at the various topics covered in it:
- Top Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Benefits
- Why Learn AWS – Top 10 Reasons to Learn Amazon Web Services
- How to learn AWS – Best Ways to Learn AWS for Free
- Top AWS Courses
- AWS Courses & Certifications Benefits
Top Amazon Web Services
Amazon offers 200 fully-featured services worldwide to help organizations move faster and lower IT costs. Amazon services help you create applications with increased flexibility, scalability, and reliability. Here are some of the top AWS services offered worldwide.
|Best Amazon Web Services|
|Networking & Content Delivery Services||
|Migration & Transfer Services||
Amazon Web Services Benefits
- Allows users to deploy their application in various regions globally with a few clicks.
- It is a worthwhile service as you have to pay for the service you are using without any long-term commitments.
- Easy to manage services as you don’t need to spend money on maintaining data centres.
- Allows companies and startups to use the already known operating systems, programming models, and databases.
- Offers hybrid capabilities.
- It provides the facility to add or remove capacity easily.
- It will cost you way cheaper than other private/dedicated servers.
Explore popular Courses on Shiksha Online:
Why Learn AWS – Top 10 Reasons to Learn AWS
A lot of businesses and organizations are moving to AWS, creating enormous high-paying career opportunities in this field. So, if you want to learn Amazon Web Services, now is the best time to do so. Here are the top 10 benefits of learning AWS.
1. Global Architecture
AWS is a global leader in providing cloud services and is popularly known for its availability zones. It has 44 availability zones with 18 geographical regions and 1 local region around the world. Every region is constructed with several availability zones and data centers. More availability zones are in progress and will be available in the future.
AWS allows you to schedule your services, where you can start and stop your AWS services at predetermined times. You have control over your resources and you only pay for the services you are using. For example, if you are scheduling services like Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and Relational Database Service (RDS), then you don’t need to run these services each day or throughout the weekend. You can schedule your service according to the days you are using it.
3. Consistency & Reliability
AWS is the most reliable and consistent cloud service provider. It provides on-demand cloud computing credits and benefits with the pay-as-you-go method, where a customer can easily build and manage their websites on it. Reliability is one of the unique selling points of AWS. It is achieved through multiple backups of servers at different locations. To create a reliable application in AWS you will need to learn about its consistency models.
Pricing is the major reason to learn AWS. AWS follows two pricing approaches. One is the pay-as-you-go approach, where one can get flexible pricing options and have to pay for the services you are using. You don’t need to pay any additional charges or deactivation costs in AWS. The second approach is the pay-less-by-using-more approach to encourage higher usage. You can also create a free-tier AWS account if you are a beginner and want to learn about it.
5. PaaS Offerings
Paas is a cloud computing service that offers a framework that can be used for building custom applications. It is a collection of tools and services that help in coding and deploying applications with more efficiency. As AWS is a highly scalable service, it replicates similar methods in various accomplished services for backup, database, data-warehousing, caching, infrastructure management, application management, transcoding, and storage. It helps in reducing the time and energy used in setting up and managing the infrastructure.
6. Flexibility & Scalability
All the services provided by AWS are flexible and scalable. You can auto-scale them as per your requirement. Scalability allows users to automatically increase or decrease the resource capacity while flexibility enables businesses to up-scale and down-scale as per their needs.
AWS is well known for its customized services. It offers customization of services to the users to fulfill the needs of individual businesses. Multiple customization options, like customer-defined tagging, allow customers to handle specific resources smoothly.
8. Application Programming Interface (API)
AWS APIs are accessible in multiple programming languages. They enable you to manage the framework programmatically. Many other services like CloudRanger, Quintly, and Tango cards help customers to launch new cases, take backups, and use the cost-saving features of Amazon Web Services. For example, Quintly offers social media analytics to the platform. CloudRangers helps the services to understand the visual representations.
AWS provides excellent data privacy and security services to its customers. Irrespective of the business size, it provides extensive security support. It does not charge an additional cost for IAM (Identity and Access Management), which helps customers authenticate their resources.
Every organization needs a backup of its data to avoid any business loss. For the recovery of data, AWS offers several cloud-based recovery options. With these options, the customer gets the authority to recapture the data and IT infrastructure. If one of the servers has lost the data it can be recovered again.
How to learn AWS – Best Ways to Learn AWS for Free
If you have decided to go with the cloud, the best way to get started is by acquiring AWS skills. Here are some of the best resources to build your AWS skills for free:
1. AWS Free Tier: AWS provides a free tier for your first 12 months. You can create your account and get limited access to the most popular services. You can gain free, hands-on experience with AWS products and services with AWS free tier.
2. AWS Official Training and Certification Page: AWS’s official training and certification page is one of the best resources to understand AWS in-depth. It offers many free resources covering theoretical foundations and practical implications of using specific AWS services.
The website can prepare you for different AWS Certification exams, including associates, professionals, and specialities.
3. AWS Documentation: It is a great way to learn AWS. You can get detailed information for starting, developing, and working with different Amazon services.
4. AWS YouTube channel: The official YouTube channel of AWS has numerous tutorials, videos from conferences, and demos that will help you learn how to work with the services.
5. AWS Podcast: AWS has an official podcast sharing advice on specific topics and the latest news and trends.
6. Events: You can attend AWS events and webinars to learn about AWS and connect with others.
7. Free Online Courses: Many free and paid courses are available on top e-learning platforms like edX and Udemy.
Top AWS Courses
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner 2020 Ultimate Exam Training on Udemy
- AWS: Getting Started with Cloud Security on edX
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner – Complete Course NEW 2021 on Udemy
- AWS Fundamentals: Going Cloud Native on Coursera
- AWS Developer: Building on AWS on edX
- AWS Fundamentals: Building Serverless Applications on Coursera
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional on Pluralsight
- AWS Certified Solution Architect – Associate on Udemy
AWS Courses & Certifications Benefits
Learning AWS will benefit students, cloud professionals, and those who want to boost their business.
Amazon Web Services Certifications offer many benefits. An AWS Certification validates the cloud expertise of the learners with an industry-recognized credential. Below is an insight into the Google Trends graph that depicts the increasing demand for AWS certification:
The following are some of the top benefits of AWS courses and certifications:
- Develop professional expertise
- Help you prepare for the upcoming trends in the IT professional job market
- Increase the visibility of your resume
- Validate your expertise and credibility
- Increase your earning potential
- Help expand your professional network
Also Read: Top AWS Interview Questions and Answers
AWS skills are one of the most demanding skills for employers nowadays. Whether a beginner looking to break into the cloud computing field or a working professional wanting to step up in your career, AWS courses can help you master the AWS skills and prepare for your AWS Certification exam. You can enrol in the above courses to land excellent career opportunities and boost your employability.
What is AWSu00a0 used for?
AWS (Amazon Web Services) is a cloud computing platform by Amazon. It offers three service delivery models, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS). AWS provides various global cloud-based products such as storage, databases, analytics, blockchain, networking, developer tools, robotics, and security with a pay-as-you-go pricing model.
Is AWS good for beginners?
Yes, AWS or Amazon Web Service is a good platform to learn for beginners. Learning AWS can help you land a job in the cloud domain, increase your salary, and advance your career. Learning is beneficial for both beginners and intermediate AWS developers with a few years of experience. You can take up an AWS certification to learn about AWS and build in-demand cloud skills.
What is the AWS Free Tier?
AWS Free Tier enables users to explore and try AWS services free of cost up to specified limits for each service. There are three plans in the Free Tier, a 12-month Free Tier, an Always Free offer, and short-term trials. On exceeding the free tier limits, users can pay standard, pay-as-you-go service rates.
Download this article as PDF to read offlineDownload as PDF