In this article, we will learn about a list of remote work from home jobs that have seen a significant boost in the present times.
Table of Contents
The pandemic has taught us many things but most important of all it has taught us to efficiently work from home. Due to the COVID-19, work from home remote jobs first became mandatory. Then it became optional and these days, it has become a preference for many people.
A week ago, Ian Goodfellow, Apple’s director of machine learning, left the job due to the ‘work from office’ rule. News articles report how people are leaving their jobs if asked to return to offices either in the hybrid model or permanently. Many people are looking for remote work from home job opportunities. Let us first understand why people are choosing jobs where you can work from home.
Benefits of Remote Work From Home Jobs
- Flexible online work from home jobs: Several remote work from home jobs allow you the time flexibility to work according to your schedule. There is no restriction on the lunch hours, work hours and the time you want to clock out.
- High paying work from home jobs: These jobs are high paying where you can earn more according to your schedule.
- Save more money: Through these jobs, you can save on the expenses of travelling to the office. You can save money that you might have to spend if you went to the office.
- Save time: You save travelling time, lunchtime and even the time spent on socialisation.
- Boon for mothers: Work from home remote jobs is beneficial for mothers since they can work while giving time to their children. This will allow them to maintain a balance between professional and personal life.
- Opportunities to work outside: In jobs that allow you to work from home, you get can apply for jobs that are in other parts of the world.
Best Remote Work From Home Jobs
Let us now learn about the best remote work from home jobs that are high in demand these days. These include:
- Data scientist
- Big data engineer
- Web developer
- Machine learning engineer
- Digital marketing professional
- Content writer
- Graphic designer
- Data Entry operator
Let us now take a detailed look at the jobs that you can work from home.
1. Data Scientist
Data scientists are analytical data experts that have technical skills for solving complex problems. These professionals use data to determine how professionals can achieve their business goals. It is one of the top work from home jobs that pay well. This is a booming job profile that has immense growth scope. Following are the responsibilities of a data scientist:
- Collecting data from various sources
- Optimising programming tools to structure data to convert it into usable information
- Creating data visualisations to clearly understand data
- Analysing data and gathering insights
- Building a blueprint of the project from the insights
- Utilising ML frameworks for numerical computation
- Improving data collection procedures to build analytic systems
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and to track their performance
Check out the data scientist salary
Top Skills for Data Scientists
Explore top data scientist courses
2. Big Data Engineer
One of the highest paying work from home jobs is a big data engineer. These engineers develop and manage Big Data infrastructure and related tools. These professionals have the following responsibilities:
- Interacting Big data tools and frameworks to provide the requested capabilities.
- Implementing ETL process when data import from existing data is relevant.
- Designing and implementing the distributed data processing pipelines through Python, Spark, SQL and other relevant languages.
- Identifying defects with the code and issues related to integration into the data system architecture.
Know the salary of big data engineer
Top Skills For Big Data Engineers
The following skill sets are necessary for Big data engineers:
- Knowledge of Relational Data Based Systems
- Ability to write complex SQL
- Representing complex algorithms in software
- Understanding of database technologies, management systems, data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of database architecture testing methodology
- Coding languages including Scala, Java and Python
Explore top big data courses
3. Web Developer
A web developer creates user-friendly websites through coding. This is one of the jobs where you can work from home and get paid well. There are three types of web developers: front end developers, back end developers and full-stack developers. The following are the responsibilities of web developers:
- Writing efficient codes to create website layout/user interface
- Creating and testing websites
- Integrating data from back-end services and databases
- Refining specifications based on the client’s requirements
- Creating software documentation
- Maintaining, expanding and scaling websites
- Integrating audio, graphics and video into the website
Click here to know the web developer salary
Top Web Developer Skills
Check out top web development courses
4. Machine Learning Engineer
Machine learning engineers build programmes and algorithms that allow machines to take actions on their own. They have the following responsibilities:
- Using data structures, algorithms, computer architecture, computability and complexity.
- Collaborating with data engineers for building data and model pipelines.
- Managing the data pipelines that are required to bring code to production.
- Building algorithms based on statistical modelling procedures and maintaining scalable ML solutions in production.
- Using data modelling and evaluation strategy for finding patterns and predicting unseen instances.
- Applying machine learning algorithms and libraries.
- Analysing large and complex datasets to extract insights.
- Implementing the best practices to improve existing machine learning infrastructure.
- Providing support in implementing machine learning in products.
Check out the machine learning engineer salary
Top Skills for Machine Learning Engineers
- Hadoop & MapReduce
- Knowledge of Data warehousing and business intelligence platforms
- Database design, Data mining, cleaning and munging
- The ability to work with multiple codebases and slice through different teams
- Knowledge of distributed computing such as Apache Hadoop and cloud services like AWS
Explore machine learning courses
5. AI Researchers
AI Researchers are professionals who work on advancing the fundamental understanding and capabilities of artificial intelligence,. They explore new methodologies, innovate on existing algorithms, and contribute to the scientific community through their research findings. Following are the roles and responsibilities of AI Researchers:
- Creating new algorithms to solve complex problems and improve the efficiency of AI systems.
- Running experiments to test theories and the performance of AI models.
- Sharing findings through academic papers and presentations at conferences.
- Working with other scientists and engineers to integrate AI into various applications.
- Ensuring AI research adheres to ethical standards and societal norms.
6. Digital Marketing Professional
A digital marketing professional is an expert in the marketing of the brand through digital platforms. They work towards improving website traffic, lead generation and website lead ratio. Digital marketing experts have the following responsibilities:
- Planning, developing and executing marketing campaigns to achieve sales targets.
- Tracking the company’s performance across different platforms such as social media, email and website.
- Enhancing brand awareness and maximizing the purchase intent of the user.
- Identifying new industry trends and accordingly plan strategy.
- Coordinating with other teams to improve marketing efforts.
- Using the latest digital marketing tools to enhance marketing strategies.
Click here to know the salary of digital marketer
Skills Required By Digital Marketing Professionals
Following are the skills that a digital marketing professional must have:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Content marketing
- Google Adwords and PPC
- Data Analysis
Check out the top digital marketing courses online
6. Content Writer
Content writers are SEO based writers who write, edit and market content on digital platforms. These are the professional writers who aim at gaining website traffic for lead generation. Medical writers, technical writers and product-description writers are different types of content writing.
They write content for articles, blogs, newsletters, video scripting, etc. They are actively engaged in social media and email marketing campaigns as well. A content writer has the following responsibilities:
- Research for content topics from reliable and authentic sources.
- Knowledge of SEO to build high ranking content as per the search engine algorithm.
- Creating content within deadlines so that the trending content can go online.
- Proofreading to deliver grammatically and factually correct content.
Click here to know about content writer salary
Skills For Content Writers
The following skills can really help content writers:
- SEO techniques
- Impeccable grammar
Explore content writing courses
7. Graphic Designer
It is one of the jobs that allow you to work from home. Graphic designers are creative professionals who create designs through computer software for print and electronic media. They are responsible for illustration, typesetting and user interfaces. The aim is to create art to impact people and communicate ideas.
- Creating designs based on clients’ requirements.
- Designing images and videos to convey a message.
- Developing graphics and videos for logos, brochures, illustrations and websites.
- Choosing theme-based colours, text style, images and layout.
Click here to check graphic designer salary
Graphic Designer Skills
A graphic designer must have skills related to Typography, UI and UX design, and programming languages such as HTML and CSS. They must also have the expertise in the following tools:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe After Effects
8. Data Entry Operator
Data entry professionals are the computer operators who input statistical and coded data into the database. They perform data entry in an accurate manner so that data integrity is maintained. They are responsible for the following:
- Typing manuscripts
- Proofreading data
- Transferring data into computer files from paper formats
- Excel-based data entry
- Preparing reports
- Compiling, sorting, verifying and then entering the data
- Comparing data with source documents and performing error detection
Click here to check the salary of a Data Entry Operator
Skills for Data Entry Operators
The following skills help in improving the efficiency of data entry operators:
- Fast writing speed
- A keen eye for details
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and database software
Check out our MS Excel series
Explore data entry online courses
Remote work from home jobs are not only beneficial for employees but also for employers since they can save expenses on operating the office setup. They will be able to save on electricity bills, rent and other utility bills. Companies can save the money that they had to provide employees for travelling expenses.
Explore RSCIT courses
What is the highest paying work from home jobs?
IT and marketing sectors have a number of job profiles that have a huge scope of growth and they are high paying. AI and ML-based jobs, senior solutions architects, and technical support managers are some of the highest paying work from home jobs.
How difficult is it to get a remote job?
It is not difficult to get a remote job, especially since the pandemic. Anyone who is in the service industry can easily get remote jobs. IT and e-learning sectors are providing remote work from jobs.
How much does Amazon pay a customer service representative to work from home?
A customer representative at Amazon is paid around 15-16$ in the work from home setup.
How do you get a remote job with no experience?
If you do not have the experience then it becomes difficult to get settled into a remote working setup since initially, you need training. However, remote working tools have eased the process.
Is work from home setup coming to an end?
No, many employees are preferring the work from home setup. Some companies have even gone completely remote as it saves them operational costs as well.
Download this article as PDF to read offlineDownload as PDF