DevOps is a combination of ‘Development’ and ‘Operations’. It is a set of practices and tools that improve an organization’s ability to deliver applications and services faster than traditional software development processes. Organizations of all sizes across different industries are now adopting this methodology, creating endless job opportunities for DevOps professionals. DevOps is one of the most in-demand tech skills in today’s job market. If you aspire to learn DevOps and advance your career, then here we have compiled a list of the best resources to learn DevOps.
Best Resources to Learn DevOps
The following are some of the best resources to learn DevOps to become a DevOps engineer in 2022.
Online DevOps Courses
DevOps courses online will help you learn DevOps and understand different aspects of software development, continuous integration, continuous delivery, build, test, and deployment. Some courses also familiarize learners with essential tools required for implementing automation in the software development and deployment process.
Here are some of the most popular DevOps courses online. These online courses are designed and taught by instructors from top universities and educational institutions across the globe.
- DevOps Certification Training Course by Simplilearn
- DevOps for Databases on edX
- Learn DevOps: Infrastructure Automation With Terraform on Udemy
- DevOps Culture and Mindset on Coursera
- DevOps for Developers: How to Get Started on edX
- AWS DevOps Engineer Certification Training Course by Edureka
- DevOps Practices and Principles on edX
- DevOps on AWS: Code, Build, and Test on Coursera
- Diploma in DevOps Engineering – Kubernetes, Docker and Google Cloud on Alison
- DevOps in Hard Places on Pluralsight
Check out some more DevOps Courses
If you are interested in more fun and easy learning experiences, then YouTube tutorials are a good resource. Many DevOps tutorials on YouTube offer beginner-level tutorials, advanced-level tutorials, as well as tutorials for specific tools such as Ansible, Puppet, and Jenkins.
Let’s take a look at the most popular DevOps YouTube channels that you should follow in 2022:
- Bret Fisher Docker and DevOps: The video on this channel are hosted by Bret, DevOps Engineer and a Docker Captain. His discussions revolve around various topics including Docker, containers, Kubernetes, and the cloud. You can also explore the Bret Fisher website to explore bestselling courses and training on DevOps and containers.
- TechWorld with Nana: This channel will familiarize you with the core concepts of DevOps concepts even if you are a complete beginner. It covers topics such as Docker, Jenkins, and Kubernetes.
- KodeKloud: This is another popular YouTube channel to learn DevOps. It shares various hands-on training on different DevOps tools to help learners go from beginners to experts in a fun and interactive way.
- DevOps Directive: With this YouTube channel, you will learn about topics such as Kubernetes, databases, CI/CD, networking, cloud providers, monitoring, and more. It is the perfect channel for those who want to stay updated with the ever-evolving DevOps industry.
Explore Popular Online Courses
The following are some of the most popular and interesting DevOps blogs that you must read in 2022:
- com: This is a great resource for those who want to learn about the DevOps ecosystem. It covers news, opinions, product reviews, best practices, case studies, and insights. This blog also shares ebooks and PDFs to download.
- Atlassian DevOps blog: It shares tips, ideas, and how-tos for DevOps practices. The blog also shares DevOps guides on topics like how to integrate your tools with DevOps best practices to achieve your team’s goals.
- DevOps Cube: It is an excellent blog for developers and DevOps engineers. It educates learners on DevOps, DevSecOps, MLOPS, Cloud computing, Infrastructure Automation, CI/CD, and more. The blog shares tutorials, how-to’s, and roadmaps for beginners as well as experienced professionals.
DevOps books help learners master this key methodology in software delivery. Many books also share real-life examples, case studies, and experts advice for different roles and levels. Here are some of the top DevOps books that you must read in 2022 to become a DevOps Expert:
- The DevOps Handbook by Gene Kim, Jez Humble, Patrick Debois, John Allspaw, and John Willis
- The Phoenix Project by Gene Kim, Kevin Behr, and George Spafford
- Effective DevOps by Jennifer Davis and Ryn Daniels
- The DevOps Adoption Playbook by Sanjeev Sharma
- Continuous Delivery: Reliable Software Releases Through Build, Test, and Deployment Automation by Jez Humble and David Farley
Podcasts are another great way to learn about DevOps and keep up to date on the news, innovations, and latest trends in the field. Here is a list of the best DevOps podcasts that will educate you on DevOps, provide insights to make you a better DevOps expert.
- Arrested DevOps
- Software Defined Talk
- DevOps Chat
- Masters of Data
- Puppet Podcast
Must Read: Top DevOps Interview Questions and Answers
DevOps Reference Architectures
You can also learn DevOps with reference architectures that share useful details on standards and guidelines on using different cloud services. AWS Reference Architectures is one such resource that can help you expand your knowledge.
Many organizations are embracing the DevOps methodology today. This makes recruiting DevOps professionals their top business priority. However, one of the greatest challenges faced by businesses on their DevOps journeys is finding and attracting skilled talent. There is a huge DevOps skillset gap in the market. If you want to build a successful career in this field, this is a perfect time to learn DevOps and bridge the skill gap. We hope this article on the best resources to learn DevOps will help you gain a thorough understanding of the DevOps process and its tools to land a rewarding job in this field.
If you have recently completed a professional course/certification, click here to submit a review.
Is DevOps a good career in 2022?
Nowadays, more and more organizations are realizing how DevOps practices can help them more done at a faster pace. They are adopting DevOps to provide software solutions rapidly. To smoothen the adoption of DevOps, enterprises look for DevOps experts who can enable companies to maximize productivity through automation. And businesses are willing to pay high salaries to hire talented DevOps experts. DevOps careers are one of the highest-paid jobs in the IT sector and also promise steady career growth.
What are the job titles available after learning DevOps?
Some of the job titles related to DevOps include DevOps Engineer, DevOps Architect, Platform Engineer, Build Engineer, Reliability Engineer, Release Manager, and Data Analyst.
What are the technical skills required to become a DevOps expert?
DevOps experts or engineers usually have a bacheloru2019s degree in Computer Science, IT, or any other relevant field. The skills required to become a DevOps expert include understanding of Linux environment, web development, programming languages such as Java and Python. DevOps experts are also required to have knowledge of Continuous Integration mechanisms, Continuous testing methodology, and Continuous monitoring systems.
What are the 7 DevOps practices?
Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, Infrastructure as Code, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Monitoring are the 7 DevOps practices.
What is DevOps lifecycle?
DevOps lifecycle is important for leveraging the benefits of DevOps methodology. The lifecycle is the combination of different phases including software development, testing, integration, monitoring and deployment.