The article covers the concept of data analytics, applications, and why you should get a data analytics certification.
With the growth of information, data has an important part to play in the growth of the business across all industries. This has led to a massive demand for skilled professionals in the area, and you can have a great career ahead with a certification in data analytics. If you want to know what is data analytics and what are the benefits of getting a certification, read on.
Check Out Our Data Analysis Courses
What is Data Analytics?
According to Wikipedia, “Data analysis is a process of inspecting, cleansing, transforming, and modeling data to discover useful information, suggest conclusions, and support decision-making.” In simple terms, it can be said to be a set of activities performed on a data set to extract meaningful information from that data.
Must Read – How to Become a Data Analyst from Scratch?
Nowadays, businesses have a lot of data in their hands, and with the right tools, they can understand various aspects of their business, market, customers, and other insights. With these insights, they can make the right decisions at every stage to keep the risks at a minimum and revenues at a maximum. It can further improve the innovativeness of the products offered so businesses can keep up with the buyer’s market, which is more prevalent in the current times.
What are the Applications of Data Analytics?
Data analytics have seen a lot of potential for various applications within a short span of time and is now considered a sine quo non-part of many organizations. Some of the prominent applications of data analysis are:
- Marketing, advertising, and sales – An extensive data set of consumers or customers is good, but it is meaningless if you cannot get any meaningful information from it. This is where data analysis comes into play. You get to understand a lot about consumer behavior and buying patterns with the help of data analysis. With customer insights, you can offer recommended services or advertise products they are highly likely to buy, resulting in better sales.
- Social security – Keeping a tab on every crime being committed is an arduous task for professionals responsible for maintaining society’s security. However, police organizations can take the help of data analysis to understand the crime rate in terms of place, time, etc.
- Fraud and risk detection – Banks can suffer from huge losses if there isn’t any system to check fraud and defaulters. As these financial organizations already have a good amount of data on their customers, they can use it to analyze if any of their customers are prone to default or even check if there’s any risk of fraud.
- Education – Data analytics can play an essential role in education. All students are not alike, and each student has a different learning ability. With the help of data analysis, educational institutes can come up with courses that are specific to a class, where the curriculum reflects on every student’s abilities.
You May Like – Types of Data Analytics and their Applications in Real World
Various other data analysis applications exist in manufacturing, energy, government, healthcare, and food processing.
What are the Benefits of a Data Analytics Certification?
Data Analytics is not just an attractive profile name; it also provides many advantages in terms of career and salary benefits. Some of the reasons why one should go for a data analysis certification are:
- A plethora of opportunities – Data analytics is an evolving and growing field. Hence, opportunities are growing rapidly as many organizations want to make data analysis a core part of their business functioning. If you have a certification, you can be at an advantage of standing out from the rest and get an opportunity to work with some of the big names.
- Demand for skilled professionals – Though there might be considerable opportunities in data analysis, the number of skilled professionals is not enough to meet the expectations of the organizations. That is why, if you have a certification, you can be among those elite skilled professionals and be on top of the game during any interviews.
- High salary growth – The salary growth of data analysts is usually higher than non-certified ones. Based on a Naukri Survey, 67% of the recruiters mentioned that they prefer certified candidates and are willing to pay higher. Thus, you can expect better career growth as well.
Related Read – Data Analyst Salary in India
What are the Top Certification Courses in Data Analytics?
Shiksha Online offers a variety of professional courses in data analytics which will provide you with a comprehensive knowledge of the tools and techniques used. Following are some of the top courses and post-graduate programs are:
- PG Certificate Program in Market Research & Data Analytics – MICA has designed this postgraduate program to provide entry-level and mid-level professionals with a strong foundation in data analytics and market research. You will learn the various techniques used in data analysis.
- Data Analytics with Microsoft Power BI – This course offers practical knowledge of using Microsoft Power BI for data analysis. Power BI gives you a good idea of business intelligence and data analysis.
- Post Graduate Program in Business Intelligence & Data Analytics – Full Time – It is a post-graduate program from FIIB that will help you gain working knowledge in business intelligence and DA. You also get hands-on experience in tools and languages like R, Tableau, and SQL.
Must Read – Data Analyst Interview Questions and Answers
There are other courses in data analytics that you can choose from according to your requirements and get a good chance of boosting your career.
Top Trending Articles:
Data Analyst Interview Questions | Data Science Interview Questions | Machine Learning Applications | Big Data vs Machine Learning | Data Scientist vs Data Analyst | Data Science vs. Big Data vs. Data Analytics | What is Data Science | What is a Data Scientist | What is Data Analyst