Prolific culture, distinct culinary delights, magnificent architecture, a flock of artists, and an intellectually stimulating environment are some features that make France one of the most sought-after countries to pursue higher education. Explore the article to gain insight into the MBA course in France, Scholarships for MBA, Eligibility Requirements, Admission Process, Tuition Fee, and much more.
As a part of the Bologna Process agreement, universities in France offer various programmes and courses catering to the needs of every student, whether it’s a bachelor programme, Master’s or Doctorate. An artisan’s hub, France sees a majority of admissions in the arts field. However, as more and more people flock to European countries for quality education, France often tops their list. Specifically, for MS courses and MBA Programmes.
Many MBA applicants from across the globe are choosing France as the destination to study MBA. This is because France has a dynamic and opportunity-rich economy. A total of five business schools in France were featured in the top 100 list of the Financial Times 2021. The schools listed in the Financial Times Global MBA Rankings 2021 were INSEAD, HEC Paris, EDHEC Business School, ESSEC Business School, and Emlyon Business School. On top of this, France is home to world-famous international brands like Orange, Airbus, L’Oreal, etc. MBA courses in France offer students an opportunity to gain expertise in areas like HR, Finance, Marketing, Strategy and Operations Management. After the completion of the MBA degree in France, students can work with companies like EY, Deloitte, L’Oreal, PwC, etc. According to payscale.com, the average salary of a person with an MBA degree in France will be 55,000 Euros per year.
From Fashion, and Designing, to Merchandising and Luxury Brand Management, Paris- the Fashion Capital of the World- offers a variety of courses for students interested in the field of fashion and brands. Apart from being an abode of evolving technology, innovation and development, MBA in French universities provides an opportunity to learn from the best of faculty, interact with people from diverse backgrounds, and pan-European networking prospects.
Reasons to Study MBA in France
Studying and living in France is a great experience for students professionally as well as personally. Some of the reasons to study MBA in France are:
- France is home to some of the top-ranked business schools and is featured in the QS Global MBA rankings 2022. These are HEC Paris, INSEAD, ESSEC Business School, Emlyon Business school, etc.
- MBA in France is one of the best-paying degrees, with alumni earning an average salary of EUR 95,000 (Data as per Emolument)
- France is home to companies like IBM, Oracle, Airbus, L’Oreal, Orange, etc.
- Various scholarships are provided to international students who want to study MBA in France. Some of the scholarships that are provided are Excellence Scholarship, Premium Scholarship, Make an Impact, 1st Nationality Scholarships, etc.
MBA and Different Specialisations
French B-schools have a lot to offer in terms of both theatrical and practical knowledge. Along with a competitive curriculum and experienced faculty to learn from, the renaissance architectural infrastructure and other student facilities such as a library, high-tech labs, etc, allow students to have a smooth college life. MBA degree is internationally recognized, thus, one can plan to settle anywhere in the world with a reputable company. Apart from academia, the opportunity to experience French culture and lifestyle is an add-on.
Predict your English proficiency score by sharing few details
A generic MBA programme aims at developing a well-rounded businessman/ entrepreneur without specialising in any specific subject. Mostly, universities prefer aspirants with work experience to be eligible for such courses, yet, some universities might just grant admission on the basis of good academics. Have a look at the bifurcation of MBA programmes as per curriculum:
- General management programme: A generic MBA course concentrates on the foundational elements of management. Under this programme, the curriculum covers principal management subjects such as Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Human Resource Management, and Entrepreneurship and so on.
- Specialization programme: This course’s curriculum entails both the fundamentals of general management and the essentials of a particular field- Marketing, Finance, Accounting, and HRM, etc.
French universities offer diverse ranges of specialisation to choose from which have been listed below:
Scholarships to Study MBA in France
Although French State universities charge a minimal tuition fee, some international students may still feel the burden of budgeting everything. For them, there are various institutional and regional scholarship options to apply for:
- Ile-de-France Masters Scholarships: A Masters scholarship provided by the Regional Council of Île-de-France to foreign students seeking admission to higher education institutions in the Île-de-France. Open to all international students, however, preference is given to aspirants from Asia, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Latin America, or the new European member states.
- The Eiffel Scholarship: A programme, developed by the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, under which reputed French universities can apply. The Eiffel Scholarship aims to attract international aspirants for diploma programs at the Master's and Ph.D. levels. It covers four main categories of study: Law, Economy and Management, Engineering Sciences (PhD and master’s level), and Political Sciences.
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships: Offered to European and non-European students, the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is funded by the European Union. This scholarship is available for Joint Programmes at a Masters or Doctorate level.
Some Universities also offer scholarships for International Students which have been listed below:
- Centrale Nantes Elite Scholarship: An initiative by the École Centrale de Nantes, this scholarship is available for non-European students who have been accepted into the first year of their Master programme
- Emile-Boutmy Scholarship by the Paris Institute of Political Studies (Sciences Po): Named after the founder of Sciences Po, this scholarship is awarded to the brightest international students from outside the European Union. Based purely on merit and suitability according to the type of profile sought for the course, the scholarship criteria also include Social criteria as a major plus point.
- The ISM Scholarships: The International School of Management (Paris) provides both need-based and merit-based scholarships. According to various talents and abilities, scholarships are awarded on the basis of academics (Tuition Assistance Scholarship), economic status(Dean's Opportunity Scholarship), and strong research skills (Publication Scholarship), for women returning to the academic field after a break (Women in Business Scholarship), and so on.
Modes of Teaching in France
Apart from choosing additional subjects to study, French Universities also have options for learning modes offered to individuals as per their preferences/ employment status. Basically, there are four types of teaching/ learning modes:
- Regular Classroom Programmes
- Distance Education Programmes
- Fast-track Programmes
- Online Learning Programmes
Eligibility Requirements for MBA in France
In order to study MBA in France, students are required to fulfill the basic eligibility requirements given below.
- Undergraduate degree: Students must have a relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant subject. The minimum percentage required for the bachelor’s degree may differ from university to university. A minimum score of 50% is required in most universities to study MBA in France.
- English language proficiency requirements: To study MBA in France, international students are required to show English language proficiency test scores. So, keep the test scores of IELTS or TOEFL ready before taking admission into MBA in France.
- A GMAT / GRE score: To gain admission into an MBA in France, students must have a GMAT or GRE score.
- Work experience: Students must have at least 3 years of work experience in order to study MBA in France.
MBA Duration in France
The duration of the MBA course will differ from university to university. Generally, the MBA course in France will be 10 months to 2 years.
Documents Required to Study MBA in France
In order to study MBA in France, students require the following documents:
- Academic transcripts
- Filled-in application form
- A valid passport
- Resume or CV
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- IELTS / TOEFL scorecards
- GMAT or GRE scores
- Work experience certificate (if applicable)
MBA in France for Indian Students: Admission Process
Given below is the step-by-step process to gain admission into an MBA in France in different universities.
- First of all, decide the MBA course in which admission has to be taken and check for the best university that will be offering that course
- Next, visit the official website of the university and check the eligibility criteria for the MBA course
- Next, upload all the scanned copies of the required documents
- Then, fill out the application form and pay the application fee
- Appear for the interviews as decided by the university
- After clearing the interview and receiving the conditional offer letter, book the seat by paying the deposit
MBA in France Cost
The overall cost to study MBA in France consists of the tuition fee and the cost of living. Let us check the MBA in France cost in Indian rupees below.
- The average 1st-year tuition fee is Rs 20.23 lakhs
- The average 1st year living expenses is Rs 3.43 lakhs
- The total 1st-year cost is Rs 23.66 lakhs
Top 10 MBA Colleges in France for Indian Students
Given below is the list of top 10 MBA colleges in France with the QS Global MBA rankings.
Name of the institute
QS Global MBA Rankings 2023
Tuition Fee (In EUR)
€90,000 (INR 81.50 Lakhs)
€98,500 (INR 89.20 Lakhs)
€49,500 (INR 44.82 Lakhs)
€51,000 (INR 46.18 Lakhs)
€51,500 (INR 46.63 Lakhs)
€39,800 (INR 36.04 Lakhs)
€33,900 (INR 30.70 Lakhs)
€31,500 (INR 28.52 Lakhs)
€39,000 (INR 35.31 Lakhs)
EMLV Business School
€17,900 (INR 16.21 Lakhs)
Jobs after MBA in France
Irrespective of the specialisation, an MBA Degree from a reputed French University would definitely add significance to your resume. Graduating from B-schools like HEC Paris or INSEAD enhances one’s profile and provides an advantage in the competitive business field. The reputation of such B-schools and the quality of education along with relevant practical experience, make these schools function as ambassadors for the French MBA as a whole. Hence, even domestically accredited programmes at state-run institutes enjoy an international reputation and as a result, their profile allows them to provide enhanced training to the aspirants. As per recent statistics and data of employment post-French MBA, 80-90 percent of aspirants from these institutes find employment in their respective fields as soon as they receive their degree.
After the completion of an MBA in France, the graduates can apply for jobs in many notable organizations, public as well as private. The companies that hire MBA graduates in France are:
The popular jobs and their average salaries are given below:
Average Salary per year
Business Development Manager
For professional insight and guidance from top study abroad counsellors, click here
Q. Is France good to study MBA?
Q. What is the cost to study MBA in France?
Q. What is the duration of MBA course in France?
Q. Is GMAT mandatory to study MBA in France?
Q. What are the admission requirements to study MBA in France?