- Computer science is about creating innovative solutions to complex, real-world problems. Students in this major study step-by-step computational methods for solving problems by encoding, storing, tracking and transforming information. Computer science is much broader than just programming.
- Upon completing this program, students will be able to:
Understand how to use the principles of computing to design and develop software and computing systems
Work effectively in teams to develop computational solutions to complex problems.
Communicate technical ideas effectively in writing and verbally.
Practice CS in an ethical and socially responsible manner, with an awareness of biases that can result from their indiscriminate use.
- The computer science major at CSU provides students a broad background in the field while simultaneously allowing students to focus on specific areas.
- Computer science degree with the option for a minor in a field of their choice, we offer the following concentrations:
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Networks and Security
- The department offers a wide range of specialized senior-level courses where students can explore in depth different areas of computer science including: big data, computer networks, distributed systems, artificial intelligence, machine learning, computational biology / bioinformatics, human-computer interaction, graphics, database systems, compilers, parallel programming, object oriented design, and advanced topics in algorithms and theory of computer science.
- University Rankings
- ARWU (Shanghai Ranking) 2022
- QS 2023
- THE (Times Higher Education) 2023
- US News & World Report 2023
- US News & World Report 2023
|Tuition & fees||INR 24,04,431|
|Hostel & Meals||INR 10,79,547|
|Books and supplies||INR 99,528|
Calculated at the exchange rate of 1 USD = INR 82.94|
Tuition & expenses were last updated on 19ᵗʰ September 2023
No specific cutoff mentioned
Marks - 72/120
Marks - 50/90
Marks - 6/9
Only for undergraduate programs - Conditional admission means student have a strong academic foundation for success at CSU but need to demonstrate English proficiency or improve English skills before enrolling in academic courses toward degree program. Applicant will be allowed to enroll in academic courses toward your undergraduate degree program after clearing your admission.
Step 1: Prepare documents for application
- One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required
- If the applicant is not currently in school, he/she can also submit a recommendation from others (e.g., supervisor, commanding officer) who can speak to his/her strengths as long as they are not a family member
- Applicants can submit their recommender’s information in the Common App. They will receive an email invitation and instructions to submit the applicant's recommendation
Step 2: Additional documents required
- Applicants are required to submit the most recent transcripts or mark sheets
- If a record is not in English, a certified literal English translation must accompany the transcript
- Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official
- Submit a personal statement
- Commonly called an essay, is the applicant's opportunity to help the university understand what makes him/her unique beyond his/her grades and transcripts
- Evidence of English proficiency
- Immigration Information Form
- Copy of the identification page of the passport which must be valid for at least six months beyond the first day of classes
- Financial support documents demonstrating the ability to meet or exceed the applicant's estimated expenses
- Portfolio is required for B.F.A in Graphic Design
Step 3: Start your online application
Step 4: Application fees for this course
- Students can elect to make monthly payments by signing up for a Nelnet payment plan. Payments can be made via credit card or withdrawals from a designated domestic checking or savings account on a monthly basis.
Step 5: Application deadline
1,42,770 brochures downloaded till date.