Rahul SinghaStudy Abroad Expert
Best TOEFL Books: TOEFL books are a great knowledge-building resource and also a remarkable source for TOEFL preparation. Whether a candidate plans to prepare for the TOEFL exam by himself or enrol at a TOEFL coaching centre, he would require guidance from TOEFL books to take his preparation to the next level. This article aims to provide our readers with a list of the best TOEFL books to help readers prepare for the TOEFL exam. The TOEFL exam is one of the most popular English proficiency exams accepted at American and Canadian universities and education institutions abroad. The full form of TOEFL is the Test of English as a Foreign Language and the TOEFL exam tests international students’ usage and understanding of English as it is spoken, written, and heard in college and university surroundings.
Best TOEFL Books 2024
Given the pandemic, the TOEFL test is also available for students from the safety of their homes with the launch of the TOEFL at Home version of the TOEFL test. ETS launched a shorter but equally effective version of the TOEFL test called the TOEFL Essential Test that became available to students on August 21, 2021, onwards. Recently, ETS has also agreed to accept Aadhar Cards as part of student ID for candidates registering for the TOEFL exam from India. Know about these recent developments and more as you read along. In this article, we are going to be discussing the best TOEFL books for 2024 and popular TOEFL preparation books.
TOEFL Books: To figure out which books and guides are best suited to your needs, you first need to understand which category you fall in – beginner, expert, only focusing on vocabulary or grammar. Then you will have to pick out books best suited for your needs. Since the TOEFL is a simulated exam where you need to listen to audio recordings and speak with a focus on your accent and pronunciation, you can’t only have a book to practice with. You will need to download software and applications which will help you practice all the sections of the exams. Many of the print books are accompanied by CDs so you don’t have to worry about downloading a different set of software.
Predict your English proficiency score by sharing few details
Top 8 TOEFL Prep Books for 2024
- The Official Guide to the TOEFL iBT Test (Latest Version)
- The TOEFL iBT Test Prep Planner
- Official TOEFL iBT Tests, Volumes 1 & 2
- Kaplan TOEFL iBT Premier
- The Official TOEFL iBT Tests collection
- Speaking and Writing Strategies for the TOEFL iBT
- Delta’s Key to the TOEFL iBT: Seven Practice Tests
- Grammar Rules You Must Know To Guarantee Your Success On The TOEFL Exam
- Online course at TestDen
- Essential TOEFL Vocabulary flashcard kit
- "TOEFL iBT, 17th Edition" by Barron's
- "Essential Words for the TOEFL, 7th Edition" by Barron's
- "TOEFL Preparation Book, 2020 and 2021" by Test Prep Books
- "TOEFL iBT Prep, 2021" by The Princeton Review
- TOEFL Integrated Study Guide by Manhattan Review
TOEFL Books 2024
Here are the most popular books and guides to prepare for TOEFL.
The Official Guide to the TOEFL iBT Test (Latest Version)
It is the ideal book for beginners, those new to the English language, who need an overview of the test and basic help. The official guide is published by ETS, the governing agency of TOEFL. It comes with three practice tests on a CD. It is recommended to students who have just begun their studies for the TOEFL.
Kaplan TOEFL iBT Premier
This guide is considered by many TOEFL experts as a rock-solid introduction to all sections of the test. Some even claim it is better than the official guide in some aspects. It includes four practice tests, along with online and mobile resources. It always makes it to the list of highly recommended books for TOEFL.
|TOEFL Exam Registration|
|TOEFL Test Dates 2024||TOEFL Test Centres 2024|
The Official TOEFL iBT Tests collection
This is the resource collection of the official governing agency ETS. This book contains five actual TOEFL tests administered in the past by ETS.
- Speaking and Writing Strategies for the TOEFL iBT: This book breaks down and simplifies the writing and speaking sections of the test. It details what should go into a good essay and speaking without wasting too much time on unnecessary explanations and descriptions. This book assumes that you know about the test and concentrates on the strategies you will need to deliver good answers.
- Delta’s Key to the TOEFL iBT: Seven Practice Tests: This is a collection of realistic practice tests which are a good companion to the official practice tests. The integrated writing practice is a bit more realistic than those in other books.
- Grammar Rules You Must Know To Guarantee Your Success On The TOEFL Exam: This is a concise guide to the grammar you need to succeed on TOEFL. This book runs through various grammar rules focusing on the ones that students are most likely to apply on test day.
- Online course at TestDen: Students who want practice tests which include graded speaking and writing sections must check out these online courses. These include four tests with speaking and writing sections which are scored by human examiners. Students who have worked through the four tests can upgrade and get four more tests.
- Essential TOEFL Vocabulary flashcard kit: Flashcards are a good way to start practising vocabulary, and combining them with your own varied reading habits will only help you improve your word bank at a faster rate.
|TOEFL Slot Booking 2024||TOEFL Pattern/Format 2024|
|TOEFL Cut-Off 2024||TOEFL Syllabus 2024|
Download this guide to read it offline
TOEFL Preparation Tips 2023
How to prepare for TOEFL: There are two ways all exam-takers prepare for TOEFL i.e. self-study and attending coaching classes. Both these methods of studying have unique benefits and no one way is better than the other. If money is the prime consideration, then self-studies through TOEFL books and resources may be the better option. Similarly, if you need professional guidance to ensure you have an advantage in TOEFL exam preparation, then enrolling in a TOEFL coaching centre is the better option.
TOEFL Test monitors the candidates’ ability to understand the English language at the university level. The four sections on which the candidate’s ability is judged are reading, writing, listening, and speaking. While preparing for the test, first of all, candidates should understand the format of the test, result, and scores system of the test. ETS, the conducting body of the TOEFL exam also provides free and paid study material, which is easily available.
TOEFL Sample Paper
TOEFL Practice Test: Since it is an English language test, TOEFL requires its candidates to have a good command of the English language. Like the other standardized tests required to study abroad, TOEFL is divided into sections. Every section has its own importance and hence needs to be prepared accordingly. With four sections in total, the exam requires dedicated time to cover and excel in each section. Once you are done with your preparation, you may test your abilities through TOEFL 2024 Sample Papers to see how far you have reached in your preparation. It is essential to understand how to practice for TOEFL: Practice Tests and Samples.
Solve TOEFL Exam Sample Papers
Provided below are a mix of TOEFL Practice Papers, TOEFL mock tests and TOEFL Sample papers for the benefit of TOEFL test takers. They have been sourced from the official website and candidates can visit the official ETS TOEFL website for more similar content.
|TOEFL Writing Section Sample Paper [Set I]||TOEFL Reading Section Sample Paper [Set I]|
|TOEFL Speaking Section Sample Paper [Set I]||TOEFL Listening Section Sample Paper [Set I]|
|TOEFL Sample Paper 2021 with Answers [Set 1]|
TOEFL Exam Day Tips
We have got some of the best TOEFL exam day tips for you to perform your best on your TOEFL exam day. As the day arrives, the only item you must bring on the test day to your test centre is a valid and acceptable ID which is a valid passport for Indians taking the test, there are no exceptions to this policy. Kindly note that your passport has to be
- An original document (photocopies not allowed)
- Valid (expired documents are not allowed)
- Have your full name mentioned in it as mentioned during registration
- Have your photo in it (recent photo matching the test taker)
- Have your signature
Also, remember that no other personal items are allowed inside the test centre except your ID as they may be inspected or confiscated.
TOEFL Books 2024 FAQs
Q. What books should I read for TOEFL?
Q. What TOEFL score is required for Harvard?
Q. How can I study for TOEFL on my own?
Q. Is 70 a good score in TOEFL?
Q. Is TOEFL easier than IELTS?