Following is a list of pointers, stating Australia's July timeline starting from when to apply for July intake in Australia and its subsequent details for international students.
Pre-Application Details for Australia July Intake 2024
Following are some of the key pointers which must be taken care of when beginning to apply for admission to Australian universities for the July intake of 2024 as an international student:
- Start early and decide by November if willing to apply for Australia July intake. Shortlist 8-12 Australian universities that you will apply to for Australia intake 2023 in July. Visit university websites and note application requirements, deadlines etc.
- Begin by downloading admissions brochures from the university websites. Most brochures are out more than a year earlier.
- By December, be familiar with bank loan options and scholarships to fund your studies. Check out Scholarships for studying in Australia.
- Do some initial research on various accommodation options available in Australia along with the cost of living in Australia for those applying for the July 2023 intake.
- Prepare for required standardized tests like GMAT and/or TOEFL, IELTS or PTE - depending on the course and university.
- By January or two months before the test date, register for the GMAT.
- Register for TOEFL / IELTS / PTE at least a month before the test date.
- Take the required tests around March or April. Plan for buffer time in case you need to retake the test.
- Shortlist the colleges and prepare for your application. Think hard about what makes you unique as an applicant and sketch out your strengths and self-assessment.
- Contact your professors and direct managers for the required 2-3 reference letters. At least a month before your application deadline.
- Begin drafting your SOP and essays. Give a month’s time to structure these documents properly.
- Apply before the deadlines approach! Check Student Guide to Australia for International Students
When to Apply for Australia July Intake in 2024?
Ideally, the July intake in Australia 2024 start date is usually around the months of November - December of 2023. The following timeline is followed while applying for Australian universities in July, especially for admitting international students:
Predict your English proficiency score by sharing few details
|Australia July Intake Deadline 2024||Action to be taken|
|August 2023 - November 2023||Shortlisting of Australian universities, courses and their minimum eligibility requirements|
|December 2023 - February 2024||Give IELTS / TOEFL and GRE / GMAT whatever is required for admissions|
|February 2024 - March 2024||Apply to the shortlisted universities in Australia for the July intake|
|March 2024 - April 2024||Appear for an interview (if applicable)|
|April 2024 - June 2024||If the student receives an offer letter, then apply for an Australian student visa, apply for financial aid (if required) and also check if eligible for a scholarship|
|June 2024 - July 2024||Travel to Australia, find temporary accommodation and wait for the session to begin|
In case the applicants are unable to apply for Australia's July intake, they can prepare themselves to apply to Australia's February intake 2024. The application process would begin in October, hence applicants will have sufficient time to gather their resources to apply for the February intake of Australia.
After Applying to Australian Universities in July 2024
Wait for your acceptance letters from Australian universities once you apply and keep the following things in mind:
- Don’t delay replying to college e-mails. And there will be quite a few!
- Offer letter processing time in Australia in 2024 would usually take two to three weeks for the majority of the applications. It's only for research applications that processing time takes six to eight weeks.
- You will receive your acceptance letter called COE (Confirmation of Enrolment). You may receive CoE in either May or June, depending on the institute. You can apply for a student visa only after receiving CoE.
- Depending on the deadline, notify the universities of your decision.
- You will need to pay a non-refundable deposit to confirm your admission, so keep some funds handy.
- Search for and begin applying for external scholarships (if applicable).
- Apply for a student loan to study in Australia, after you get your acceptance letter.
- Gather paperwork for your student visa. Check for Australian student visa requirements and apply accordingly.
- Apply for a student visa in time. Keep in mind the time taken for visa processing!
- Do keep in mind that GTE is an important aspect of the Australian student visa application, hence, the statement must be drafted without plagiarism. Check out GTE Statement Australia Sample
- Arrange for an Overseas Student Health Cover.
Before Flying to Australia in July for 2024 Intake
- Book airline tickets well in time.
- Arrange for an International Debit/Credit card for personal use.
- Collect all the documents and their photocopies, to take along.
- Check out this Pre-departure checklist before you leave for Australia!
Still, have confusion over when to apply for admission to Australia? Get in touch with our team of counsellors by signing up here - https://studyabroad.shiksha.com/apply.
Study in Australia: Timeline for July 2024 Intake FAQs
Q. Which universities in Australia accept applications for July intake?
A. All major universities in Australia open and accept admission applications for July intake. Some of the popular Australian universities accepting applications for July intake are as follows:
Q. Is there a difference between Australia's July intake and February intake?
A. Australian universities accept admission applications twice a year, one in July and the other in February. The February intake of Australia is known as the primary intake, whereas the July intake is known as the secondary intake. Students would be able to find almost all possible courses for admission in February, however, in July they may or may not find a few courses for admission at Australian universities.
Q. Do admission requirements vary in July intake of Australia from Feb intake?
A. No, the entry requirements and minimum eligibility criteria fulfillment are necessary for both intakes of Australia. Its only the course options which vary with each intake, and in some cases a university or two may not be offering admissions in a particular intake. Thus, admission requirements do not vary for July intake of Australia. In some cases the universities may also admit students during Feb intake and not for July intake and vice versa. This needs to be checked by the applicant before he/she applies for admission.
Q. What are the admission deadlines for Australia's July intake?
A. Usually, July intake of Australia begins in February and ends around April of that year. Once the applicant gets his/her admission confirmation, they have to begin applying for their student visas and complete the formalities per se. Hence, students should be able to apply early to the university of choice and not wait for the last minute. The admission deadlines for Australia's July intake begins around November end or in December while the admission decisions come in around March end more or else.
Q. Can students defer July intake admission to February intake of Australia?
A. Yes, deferring an admission offer from to Feb intake from July intake in Australia is possible. This is possible only if:
- Students give a valid reason for deferring admission.
- The course of admission is offered in the next intake.
- Not apply and accept admission offers in any other university if deferring the admission from July to Feb intake.
Download this article as PDF to read offlineDownload Guide