Top 10 IELTS Coaching Centres in India 2023: While many students prefer self-study for IELTS, others need professional guidance. You will find a lot of IELTS coaching centres or IELTS classes in your city, but assessing how well the courses offered by these institutes will work for you is fairly difficult. All the courses offered have different methodology and their own strengths and weaknesses. The best way to shortlist would be to select two or three coaching centres based on physical closeness and fee. From those, take trial classes. You need them to get hands-on classroom experience to really tell which one is better. In this article, we have discussed the best IELTS coaching centre in India.
Shiksha Study Abroad launches Free IELTS Online Classes
Latest Update: From June 2023 onwards, Shiksha Study Abroad would be conducting free IELTS online classes on all weekdays of the month. In these classes, we would be discussing all four topics that are covered in the four sections of the IELTS exam – Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking in detail. Candidates would also be given an opportunity to clear their doubts at the end of every class by directly interacting with our IELTS preparation expert, Disha Wahi (TESOL Certified Trainer). That is not all, Disha would also be providing you with online questionnaires at the end of every section and IELTS practice papers for candidates to self-assess their IELTS preparations. To register for your Free Online IELTS Classes, Click Here
Reasons why one should take coaching
- The beginners’ knowledge: As IELTS attempts have no limit candidates can take the test as many times as they want. With each attempt, the knowledge of the candidate gets polished due to which they are able to perform better than the last time. But then there are a few who will be attempting the exam for the very first time. It is always beneficial for the freshers to join a coaching class for IELTS as they might not have the basic knowledge of the same.
- Personal guidance: One may study online as much as possible and attempt a number of mock tests. But nothing matches the personal attention that only a mentor or a coach can provide. At a coaching centre, a mentor’s supervision will provide you with the comfort that someone’s there for you when you’re stuck. In case of any query, you can directly seek help from him/her instead of calling your peers (in case of self-coaching) and figuring out things on phone. A mentor will know how to solve every kind of query as he would have taught many batches earlier as well, solving queries similar to yours.
- Ready-Made study material: Another advantage that the coaching centre has over personal learning is that it saves time when it comes to finding the right kind of material for studying. You may get loads of materials and sample papers online but you would only be spending more time in filtering out the irrelevant ones. Coaching centres provide you with the right kind and amount of study material, which has been selected by the experts.
- Tips & Tricks: There are many questions which appear in the IELTS paper which are tricky and require you to reply smartly. Coaching will help you learn those very tips and tricks which will help you NOT get stuck on such questions. You will be provided proper guidelines to handle such questions along with shortcuts to answer them.
- Time Saving: Beginners usually are confused regarding the section or the area which should be their starting point. They keep switching from questions which hold their interest to those which appear boring. Coaching teaches you that without gaining confidence in one area, moving on to another section is a BIG NO. This way you will not only lose confidence but your precious time as well. Coaching centres plan your curriculum according to days, weeks and months and help you sail easily through the syllabus. This way you get to keep track of your progress and are able to cover every important aspect of the paper.
We can’t pass a definite judgment on which of these coaching classes is better or worse. It depends on your requirements and you can be the best judge when it comes to assessing your needs.
Predict your English proficiency score by sharing few details
Here is a list of coaching centres which are popular in India.
1. British Council
British Council is the best coaching institute for IELTS training. It is a UK-based based educational organization meant to help students study in various universities across the globe. They have offices in nine cities in India like Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad etc. Regular IELTS Preparation classes last 7 weeks (42 hours), and Intensive IELTS Preparation lasts for 5 days. The IELTS course is conducted in Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, and Kolkata.
- Teaching examination skills and techniques
- Mock test
- Teach IELTS test format and focus on time-restricted training
Address: 17, KG Marg, Atul Grove Road, Janpath, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001
Fee Structure: INR 15,100 for 8 weeks (50 hours)
They are one of the oldest IELTS institutes. They have branches in various parts of India like Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai etc. The course covers all aspects and sections of the exams along with mock tests and real-life scenarios. It also has centres in Nepal and UAE. IELTS Training Course lasts for one month. The classes are held for three hours/twice a week.
- Good result in the last few years
- Offers IELTS coaching notes
- Offers top-notch training sessions
Address: 2523,1st floor, Hudson Ln, Kingsway Camp, GTB Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110009
Phone: 089299 00693
IELTS coaching centres in your city
This institute, situated in Delhi, is approved by the British Council and IDP. They offer a unique training program for the IELTS exam and have all the latest material. They also provide flexible class timings.
- More than 20 years of experience in offering IELTS coaching
- Live classes with faculty
Address: E-14, First Floor, South Extension Part 1, New Delhi 110049
Fee structure INR 35,000-40,000
4. Manya - The Princeton Review
This group is in the Indian partner of The Princeton Review. Every student at The Princeton Review is taught by US-certified certified trainers. They follow a scientific learning development cycle for the IELTS syllabus. They have coaching centres in Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Gurgaon, Jaipur, Lucknow, Ludhiana, and Noida.
- Expert trainers who give best IELTS coaching
- Weekly practice tests
- Instructor-led practice sessions
- Provide study material
- Live classes with faculty
Address: K 16, Upper Ground Floor, South Extension 1,, Behind AZA showroom, New Delhi, Delhi 110049
Fee structure: INR 45,000 - 60,000
5. Fateh Education
Fateh is one of the best IELTS coaching institutes in Delhi and has been awarded ‘tier three’ status by British Council. They also have centres located in Chennai, Kolkata, and Bengaluru.
More than 20 years of experience
Address : 6, Metro Station, Fateh Education, 15, near Patel Nagar, East Patel Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110008
6. Camford Academy
Camford is a very reputed coaching institute for IELTS in Trivandrum, Kerala. The IELTS course duration is 2 two months. They offer crash courses for the duration of one and two weeks.
Edwise is an IELTS coaching institute authorized by the British Council. It is located in more than ten major cities across India including Chennai, Bengaluru, Delhi etc. They have collaborated with many international universities to provide free IELTS coaching for students aiming to get enrolled on those.
8. IELTS Academy
This coaching institute was founded in 2002 in Bangalore and has been conducting coaching classes since then. They offer regular four-week classes, weekend four-week classes and crash course two-week classes. They also conduct practice sessions for 15 days and mock tests every week for all the IELTS courses.
With more than two decades of experience in the field of giving coaching to students, Olive is helping students for preparing for the IELTS exam and get into their desired universities.
10. Career Makers
Career Makers is a renowned coaching institute in Delhi and North India. The course duration for IELTS classes is 30 or 60 hours which can be taken on weekdays or weekends. Extensive study materials and CDs for the students are provided by the centre.
Few More Renowned Institutes:
Authorized by British Council, IELTS Guru is one of the most prominent names in the field of giving coaching for the entrance exams. For the convenience of students, it offers classes both on weekdays and weekends.
With more than 200 coaching centres across India Triumphant Institute of Management Education Pvt. Ltd. (T.I.M.E.) is one of India’s leading institutes offering test-prep services for more than two decades.
Nowadays, online preparation has gained traction. Students should make use of online resources such as YouTube channels, blogs, and websites. Here, you can get an in-depth understanding of the exam pattern, free lectures, study tips, and practice tests.
Download this article as PDF to read offlineDownload Guide