Fall Intake in UK 2024: September Admission Deadlines for UK Universities
Overseas students wishing to apply for higher education in the UK should note that there are generally three available intakes - Fall or September intake, Winter or January intake, and Summer or May intake. The article explains the step-by-step procedure that prospective applicants should follow before applying for a university/college in the UK.
UK September Intake Step-by-Step Application Timeline 2024
The majority of foreign nationals like to get themselves enrolled for the September intake as during that time almost all the institutions in the country are open for admission and offer a wide variety of academic programmes which one can choose from. Find the hierarchical guidelines to prepare yourself for this intake below.
- Prepare for required standardised tests like GMAT, GRE, UKCAT, TOEFL or IELTS - depending on the course and university.
- Three months before the test date, register for GMAT/ register for GRE.
- Register for TOEFL/ IELTS at least a month before the test date.
- Take the required tests around April or May 2022 for the September 2023 intake. Plan for buffer time in case you need to retake the test. Check test-taking and re-exam processes and guidelines.
- While you are preparing for tests, make sure that you start your preliminary work on resume, SOP, letters of recommendation, etc.
- If you happen to miss the September intake, you might as well keep a backup plan of the January intake universities in the UK.
Predict your English proficiency score by sharing few details
- Start early and by August 2022, shortlist 8-12 universities that you will apply to. Visit university websites and note application requirements, deadlines etc. You should also be prepared with complete information on your finances/ scholarships/ loans.
- Start working on the UCAS admission form (for UG courses) and individual college applications (for PG courses).
- Do some initial research on various accommodation options.
- Shortlist the colleges and prepare for your application. Think hard about what makes you unique as an applicant and sketch out your strengths and self-assessment.
- Contact your professors and direct managers for the required 2-3 reference letters. At least a month before your application deadline. Check the deadline timetable!
- Begin drafting your SOP and essays. Give a month’s time to structure these documents properly.
- Apply before the deadline!
- Do not delay replying to college e-mails.
- Appear for personal/video interviews. These are scheduled around January to March 2024.
- Once you get acceptance letters, make your decision as soon as possible.
- Depending on the deadline, notify the universities of your decision.
- You would need to pay a non-refundable deposit to confirm your admission.
- Search for and begin applying for external scholarships (if applicable).
- Apply for a student loan, after you get your acceptance letter.
- Gather paperwork for your student visa.
- Apply for your student visa in time. Keep in mind the time taken for visa processing!
- Book airline tickets.
- Arrange for an International Debit/Credit card.
- Collect all the documents and their photocopies, to take along.
- Check out the UK Student Visa checklist.
Check: PhD Scholarships in the UK
UK September Intake 2024 Timeline
The table given below will provide you with a brief overview of the UK September intake 2023. Students must note that these dates provide you with a broad picture. For exact dates, you must check university websites.
January – February 2024
Deadline for application and document uploading closes
January/ February – March 2024
Admission process and shortlisting
March – July 2024
Publication of results
July – August 2024
Deadline for accepting the offer
August – September 2024
Orientation week and beginning of classes
Students, who wish to pursue undergraduate courses from the UK, need to apply through UCAS. The UCAS deadlines for the September 2024 intake vary with each university and course of selection.
For admission related queries, sign up for free counselling at Shiksha Abroad Counselling and request a call back from our team of expert counsellors.
UK September Intake Timeline FAQs
Q. When should I start my preparations for UK September intake?
Q. What if I face rejection in the university of my choice?
Q. What are the application deadlines for a Bachelor's and a Master's course in the UK?
Q. What are the important points that I need to take care of before applying to the UK universities?
Q. What if I miss the UK September intake 2023 deadline?
Q. How much will I have to spend on tuition fees in the UK?
Q. What is an A-level qualification? Can international students opt for it?
Q. Do UK universities offer distance education for international students?
Q. Can I opt for a part-time job along with my studies in the UK?
Q. What kind of jobs are available for overseas students who wish to work along with studying in the UK?