Career as Cameraman
Motion picture photography for television programs, commercials or films is carried out by cameramen under the direction of cinematographers. They use sophisticated cameras and camcorders and ancillaries such as tripod, films, lenses and filters to get the best picture quality.
- Work in filming of different kinds of films
- Working with large crews have assistants who prepare the lighting and the camera, and set up the scenes for filming
- Set up the camera and lighting equipment
- Check functionality and readiness of a range of equipment such as doilies, cranes, mounting heads, lenses etc.
- Use shoulder cameras for filming action, news reporting or quick moving sequences
- Create special effects, add the right mix of tone, mood etc to the picture and are adept at the use of light and exposure techniques
- Specialize in documentaries, commercials, specialist pictures/fictional motion pictures or news
- News channel cameramen film and prepare tapes for telecast
- Aesthetic interest
- Technical skill
- Good Observation
- Visual creativity
- Ability to handle heavy equipment
- Advertising Agencies
- Government Media Department
- Media Production
- Motion Pictures and Film Industry
- TV Entertainment Channels
- TV News Channels
79 Thousand to 7 Lakhs per annum
(Salary data sourced from PayScale.com)
- The Associated Broadcasting Company Ltd.
- Zee Studio
- Broadcast Engineering Consultants, Bangalore
- Government of India Press
- Sunmix networks Pvt Ltd. Chennai
How do I get there?
Eligibility : Max.20 yrs relaxable 3 yrs.
XII Any subject
NID Master of Design
Eligibility: Max 30 years (relaxable by three years for reserved category) Bachelor’s degree in any discipline under the 10+2+4/ Diploma in Design under the 10+2+4 system/ Bachelor’s degree in any discipline under the 10+2+3
NID Selection process- Students to all design courses are selected through a two-stage competitive exam which tests knowledge, skills and special abilities of candidates.
Stage1: Design Aptitude Test (DAT) Prelims is conducted at various test centers across India. DAT Prelims is a 2 part test of 3 hour duration. It tests : Knowledge, Comprehension, Analysis, Creativity, Visualization.
Part I: Multiple-choice questions marked out of 70 points.
Part II: Subjective questions marked out of 30 points, with responses to visual and/or written formats. The question paper is in English. All questions are compulsory. There is no negative marking.
Stage 2: Candidates shortlisted after the DAT Prelims appear for DAT Main. The test center is at NID Ahmedabad.
DAT Mains has two parts:
1-Studio Test: which consists of tests in different formats such as drawing/sketching, hands-on model making, group discussions etc. (100 marks)
2-Interviews: for each discipline
Where to study?
Prestigious Institutes in India
- Film and Television Institute of India
- National Institute of Film and Fine Arts
- Satyajit Ray Film & Television Institute
Featured Institutes in India
|Content on this page is by Career Expert
Mrs. Kum Kum Tandon
MA (Psychology), M.Ed, Diploma in Educational Psychology, Vocational Guidance & Counseling (NCERT, Delhi) | View Complete Profile