Middle School is the education level between primary education and secondary education. The meaning of Middle school varies in different countries, but it mostly refers to the 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th grade. Sometimes 9th grade is also added to middle school. In India middle school is referred as the Upper Primary level of education. Middle school prepares young students for high schools and is very important part of education.
Required Skillset for Middle School
Middle school students are still in the learning process so the skills that they usually require and should possess include:
- Social Skills; making friends, doing teamwork
- Organizing abilities
- Be responsible and self-sufficient
- Creative thinking ability.
Middle School Eligibility
Educational Qualification: In order for a student to attain the middle school level of education, he must be educated till the primary level of education. Middle school means 5th to 8th grade; therefore a student must have the education up till 4th grade in order to continue his or her studies in the middle school in 5th grade.
Age Limit: 10 to 13 years
Middle School Admission Process & Entrance Exams
Admission to Middle schools is given on the basis of primary school education. If the student has completed his primary education then he is eligible to get admission to Middle school. Some schools take interviews of the students before giving admission.
Most schools conduct interviews and written tests for the students depending upon the various different boards. Students who qualify the interviews and written tests become eligible to get admission in Middle School.
Middle School Syllabus
The syllabus for Middle School depends on the different boards of study that prevail in India. Each board has a different syllabus and curriculum. The most preferred board for students in India today is the Central Board or the CBSE because it makes the higher studied easier for students.
The syllabus consists of the subjects like :
Middle School Careers and Jobs
Middle School is just the beginning of a more higher level of education. Students who pursue higher studies after middle school can take up good courses. A student can follow his passion and go for any course that will enable him to become a doctor, engineer, artist, designer, chef or any other professional in the field.
Popular Middle School in India
- Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Mumbai
- Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai
- The Mothers International School, New Delhi
- Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Hyderabad
- Oxford English School, Bangalore
- Ahmedabad International School, Ahmedabad
- Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan, Kolkata
Popular Middle School Colleges in India
Popular Private Middle School Colleges in India
Most Popular Courses
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)Miranda House, University of Delhi
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)Shyama Prasad Mukherji College for Women, University of Delhi
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)Gargi College, University of Delhi
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)Lady Shri Ram College for Women, University of Delhi
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)Jesus and Mary College ,University of Delhi
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)Mata Sundri College for Women, University of Delhi
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)Amity University, Noida
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)Aditi Mahavidyalaya, University of Delhi
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)Institute of Home Economics, University of Delhi
Popular Middle School PG Courses in India
- PG Diploma
News & Updates
Can I shift from one university to another in the middle of the course?
a month ago
Hello,I am pleased to have connected with you. Kindly check out this link for all kinds of informationhttps://ask.shiksha.com/getTopicDetail/1209886/Sir-I-Am-Doing-Bba-1st-Year-From-A-Deemed-University-Myself-In-1st-Semester-Of-The-College-I-Want-To-Transfer-Myself-To-Any-Other-College-But-Do-Not...Hello,
I am pleased to have connected with you. Kindly check out this link for all kinds of information
Taking an Exam? Selecting a College?
Find insights & recommendations on colleges and exams that you won't find anywhere else
On Shiksha, get access to
- 71k Colleges
- 833 Exams
- 291k Reviews
- 750k Answers