NIFT 2022 Situation Test and GD/PI - Pattern, Scoring Parameters, Dates
Candidates who have been shortlisted based on the written tests are eligible for participating in the situation test / GD (PI).
The National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) will conduct the Situation Test for the B.Des program from April 2-5. The test will be conducted in offline mode at various NIFT campuses across the country. Meanwhile, the Group Discussion and Personal Interview for the Masters Programs will be conducted from April 7-27 (also in offline mode).
NIFT has released the program-wise schedule for the GD/PI.
Candidates who will be appearing in the NIFT Situation Test/ GD (PI) need to be familiar with the exam pattern, test duration, and parameters to get a good score.
NIFT 2022 Situation Test - Key Highlights
- Hands-on Test - The situation test will be a hands-on test for evaluating the candidate’s material handling skills and ability to come up with innovative ideas for a given situation with a given set of materials.
- The candidate will not be provided / allowed any additional material.
- Task assigned - The candidate will have to build a model using the material provided in the test. The model will test the candidate’s innovative and creative abilities. In addition, it will evaluate the candidate’s space visualization, color scheme, construction, and ability to use various components. These parameters will be checked with the write up explaining the concept behind the model constructed.
- Medium of instruction - The medium of instruction in the NIFT 2022 entrance exam will be English. So the candidate has to construct the write- in English; write-up written u any other language will not be evaluated.
- Rule for disqualification - If the candidate reveals his or her identity by writing any personal details or putting identification marks on the model/ design/ writeup, the candidate will be disqualified.
- On the spot evaluation - The test will be evaluated by the jury on the spot. Note that the model will not be preserved for future reference.
NIFT 2022 Group Discussion and Personal Interview - What you need to know
The admission committee will conduct Case-study based Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI).
The duration of the GD would be of 15 to 20 minutes and include a group discussion on an assigned case study. The expert panel will then assess the candidates on a number of parameters, including:
- Conceptual clarity
- Knowledge of the topic assigned
- Contribution made to the topic
- Interpersonal skills Ability to generate new ideas
- Problem solving approach
- Leadership qualities
- Effective communication
During the PI, the candidate will be tested on the following parameters.
- Career orientation
- Aptness for the course
- Overall personal achievements in academics and cocurricular activities
- General awareness and aptitude, creative and lateral thinking