Manashjyoti HazarikaManager Content
CEED 2022 exam - The CEED 2022 scorecard is available for download from March 12; the last date to download scorecards is June 14. CEED 2022 scorecard will contain Part A marks for all candidates. However, Part-B marks, total marks, merit ranks are allocated only to candidates who have qualified in Part A. IIT Bombay had released the Part-A cut-off marks for CEED 2022 on February 10 in the form of mean and standard deviation. The mean deviation is 18.62, while the standard deviation is 11.93. The final score of CEED 2022 would be prepared by giving 25% weightage to Part A and 75% weightage to Part B. The result of the CEED 2022 exam was declared on March 8.
CEED 2022 exam was held on Jan 23 and had two parts. Part A was held in online mode, whereas Part B was conducted in pen-and-paper mode. The final answer key for Paper A was released on Jan 31. The draft answer key, along with the response sheet and QP, for Part A was released on Jan 25.
- What is CEED?
- CEED Result 2022
- CEED Cutoff 2022
- CEED Answer Key and Question Paper 2022
- CEED 2022 Exam Highlights
- CEED 2022 Exam Dates & Events
- How to Fill CEED Application Form 2022?
- CEED Admit Card 2022
- CEED 2022 - Exam-day guidelines
- CEED 2022 Admission Process
- Colleges Accepting CEED 2022 Scores for Admissions
- CEED Exam Analysis & Student Reaction
- FAQs on CEED 2022
What is CEED?
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT Bombay) conducts Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) to provide admission to aspirants in Master of Design (MDes) and PhD programmes offered at colleges accepting CEED scores. Each year, more than 5,000 students appear for the CEED exam.
CEED exam has two parts – A and B. Part A consists of objective type questions (to be attempted in online mode) whereas part B of the exam contains subjective questions (to be attempted in offline mode). CEED Part B tests the design, drawing and writing skills of the candidate.
The results of CEED 2022 has been declared by IIT Bombay on March 8. The results include the marks obtained by candidates in Part A for all candidates who have appeared in the CEED 2022 entrance exam. However, the marks of Part B will only be released only for shortlisted candidates. It may be noted that the shortlist will be prepared based on Part A marks. Also, all shortlisted candidates will be issued a rank.
Part B is descriptive and as such it will be evaluated holistically based on the criteria mentioned in the question paper. Also, the evaluated Answer Booklet for Part B will not be released to the candidate. In addition, there will be no provision to re-evaluate either Part A or Part B.
- The scorecard of CEED 2022 can be downloaded from March 12 onward. The last date to download the scorecard is June 14, 2022.
- The scorecard has to be released online and has to be downloaded through the candidate portal. Hard copies of the scorecard will not be sent to the candidate.
- The final CEED score will be calculated by giving 25% weightage to Part A and 75% weightage to Part B.
- The CEED 2022 scorecard will be valid for a period of ONE year from the date of declaration of results.
- The scorecard can't be used as proof of date of birth, category or disability status.
IIT Bombay will release cutoff marks for Part A, which contains objective-type questions. However, no cut-off marks will be released for the subjective-based Part B. The cut-off marks for Part A will be category-specific. Candidates who meet the cutoff criteria for Part A will be shortlisted and their Part B answer books will be evaluated.
Key points related to CEED 2022 Cut-off marks for Part A
- The cutoff marks would be released only for Part A; no cutoffs will be released for Part B
- The category-specific cutoff marks would be calculated using a pre-defined formula.
- Part B will be evaluated only for shortlisted candidates or such candidates who meet the cutoff in their respective categories
- Part B will be evaluated manually.
CEED Answer Key and Question Paper 2022
IIT Bombay has released the draft CEED 2022 answer key and question paper for Part A on January 25. The answer key contains the official answers to all the questions in Part A. The candidate can compare their answers with the official keys to calculate probable scores. Note that there no answer keys will be released for Part B.
- The answer key and question papers will be released on the official website; the direct link will also be provided on this page.
- Candidates can also report discrepancies, if any, against the draft key between January 25-27 (up to 5 pm).
- Comments or objections to the draft key has to be filed through the candidate portal.
- To make an objection (or complaint), the candidate must use the Master Question Paper, which will be uploaded on the official website. It is because the order of questions may vary for each candidate.
- The response of candidates for Part A will be available for download only till the result of the CEED 2022 exam is declared.
The marks of CEED 2022 Part A will be used to shortlist candidates
CEED 2022 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Common Entrance Examination for Design|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Mode||Online and Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Test Takers||5,564 (CEED 2020)|
CEED 2022 Exam Dates & Events
Check CEED exam dates 2022 released by IIT Bombay below.
|CEED application form starts||09-Sep-2021||-|
|Last date to fill the form without late fees||
CEED application form is now closed.
|Last date to fill the form with late fees||
A late fee of INR 500 had to be paid for applications submitted during this period.
|Downloading of CEED admit card||12-Jan-2022||
The admit card will contain details like the candidate's name, roll number, date and time of exam, and address of the allotted exam centre.
On the day of exam, bring along the admit card and a valid photo id proof.
|Last date for rectification of discrepancies in the
|CEED exam day||23-Jan-2022 (9 am -12 noon)||The exam will be conducted across 24 test cities.|
|Draft CEED answer key||25-Jan-2022||The provisional key will contain official answers but can be challenged by candidates.|
|Objections against draft answer key||25-Jan-2022 to 27-Jan-2022||Objections have to be filed within this period only.|
|Final CEED answer key||31-Jan-2022||The final key can't be challenged, and keys mentioned on it will be considered to be officially correct.|
|Cut-off marks for Part-A||10-Feb-2022||-|
|Declaration of CEED result||08-Mar-2022||
The result would contain:
|Issue of CEED scorecard||12-Mar-2022 to 14-Jun-2022||
The scorecard will be released for all candidates who have appeared in the exam. However,
How to Fill CEED Application Form 2022?
The CEED registration process is now closed. All eligible candidates can apply online for CEED on the official website of the exam. The CEED application fee is INR 3,200 for General category male candidates and INR1,600 for all females and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD category. Check quick steps to fill the CEED registration and application form below.
- Visit the official website of the exam - http://www.ceed.iitb.ac.in/2022/
- Click on the Registration Portal button
- Click on the Register button
- Enter email ID
- Click on the Register button
- Click on the activation URL sent on email ID
- Fill all the details in the CEED registration form
- Click on the Register button
- Select the name of your qualifying exam and year of passing
- Click on the mobile verification link and enter the received OTP
- Login to your registered account and fill the CEED application form
- Upload all the prescribed documents
- Pay CEED application fee in online mode
CEED 2022 Eligibility Criteria
CEED 2022 eligibility criteria as stated by IIT Bombay requires aspirants to complete their degree/diploma / postgraduate degree programme of a minimum of three years after 10+2 level education or candidates should give the final examination of such a programme by July 2022. Apart from these criteria, candidates are also eligible to take the CEED exam if they had passed GD Arts diploma programme (10+5 level) by July 2022.
Age Limit: There is no age limit to apply for the CEED exam. Aspirants can appear for CEED multiple times.
CEED Admit Card 2022
The admit card for CEED 2022 is now available for download. Candidates appearing in the design exam need to download the admit card, take out a printout and take it with them to the exam centre, along with a valid photo id proof. The admit card will contain exam-day details, including date and time of the CEED 2022 exam, roll number, and name and address of the allotted exam centre. In addition, the admit card will also carry guidelines that the candidate has to follow at the exam centre and while taking the exam.
The admit card would be required even after the exam is over; at the time of counselling and admission. So, candidates need to keep it safe.
CEED 2022 - Exam-day guidelines
- Arrive at the exam center on time.
- Document checklist - Bring with you the admit card and a photo ID proof.
- Don't carry non-essential stuff with you, as exam officials may not arrange for a baggage counter.
- Maintain exam decorum, including following instructions given by the invigilator, wearing a decent dress, and not adopting unfair means like cheating.
- Don't carry electronic gadgets, written material or any illegal items inside the exam hall
- Follow COVID guidelines, like maintaining social distancing, wearing masks, and carrying a hand sanitiser.
CEED 2022 Admission Process
CEED selection process comprises five steps. Candidates can go through the steps that are to be followed as part of the CEED admission process below.
Step 1: Fill CEED Application Form
Candidates have to apply for the exam by filling the CEED application form on the official website of the exam. The application fee for the CEED exam is non-refundable. Aspirants can pay CEED application fee by credit card, debit card or net banking.
Step 2: Download CEED Admit Card
Aspirants can download CEED admit card from the official website of the exam. It is mandatory for candidates to carry a coloured printout of their CEED admit card to the exam centre on the test day.
Step 3: Give CEED Exam
The exam pattern for CEED is such that the test is divided into two parts – A and B. CEED Part A exam comprises of objective type questions and Part B has design as well as drawing questions.
Step 4: Check CEED Result
CEED results are declared on the official website of the design entrance exam. Candidates can check CEED score and rank by logging in to their registered accounts. It may be noted that part B of CEED is evaluated for only those aspirants who had qualified Part A of the exam.
|Minimum Marks to Qualify CEED 2022 Part A Exam|
Step 5: Check Admission Status Post CEED 2022 Exam
Clearing CEED exam does not guarantee admission in any of the colleges accepting CEED exam scores. After qualifying for CEED exam, aspirants need to appear for admission tests as well as interviews conducted by the admitting colleges. After this, merit lists for admissions are released by respective colleges that take part in CEED exam joint counselling as well as those institutes that are part of the exam on result sharing basis.
Colleges Accepting CEED 2022 Scores for Admissions
Given below is the list of CEED 2022 participating colleges:
|IISc Bangalore||Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing|
|IIT Bombay||Industrial Design Centre (IDC)|
|IIT Delhi||Department of Design|
|IIT Guwahati||Department of Design|
|IIT Hyderabad||Department of Design|
|IIITDM Jabalpur||Design Discipline|
|IIT Kanpur||Design Programme|
Given below is the list of CEED result sharing institutes:
|World University of Design (WUD)||Delhi/NCR|
|Shiv Nadar University||Greater Noida, Delhi-NCR|
|Central Institute of Technology (CIT)||Kokrajhar|
|UPES School of Design Studies||Dehradun|
|School of Planning and Architecture||Bhopal|
|Delhi Technological University||New Delhi|
|JK Lakshmipat University||Jaipur|
|Srishti Manipal Institute of Art, Design and Technology||Bengaluru|
CEED Exam Analysis & Student Reaction
CEED 2022 was held on January 23, 2022. A very sought-after design entrance exam, CEED is the means through which aspirants can secure admission in MDes course offered at IITs and IISc Bangalore. Students can go through CEED 2021 exam analysis by experts here.
CEED 2021 Student Reaction
CEED 2021 exam was conducted across 24 test cities on January 17. The exam ended at 12 noon, however, aspirants were allowed to leave the CEED exam centre by 12:25 pm only. Students are not aware why this delay happened but it was most likely because answer booklets for Part B of the exam were being collected.
Shiksha covered the exam at CEED exam centre located at Sarita Vihar where more than 800 students took the exam. Most of the students who took the exam shared that they found CEED 2021 to be easy to moderate in terms of difficulty level. Go through detailed CEED 2021 student reaction here.
CEED 2020 Student Reaction
CEED 2020 exam was conducted across 24 test cities on January 18. The exam was to end at 1 pm but students were allowed to exit the test centre after 15 minutes only. CEED exam comprises two sections- Part A and Part B. CEED Part A comprised objective type questions and Part B had subjective questions which aspirants had to answer on a separate answer booklet. Shiksha spoke to students right after they gave their exam and most of the students shared that they found CEED 2020 to be easier than the exam conducted last year. Go through detailed CEED 2020 student reaction here.
FAQs on CEED 2022
Q. When will the CEED 2022 cutoff marks for Part A be released?
Q: When will CEED 2022 results be declared?
Q: Is it mandatory to clear both Part A and B of CEED exam?
Q: How many times is CEED exam conducted in a year?
Q. Who can apply for CEED exam?
- Have completed a degree/ diploma/ postgraduate degree programme of minimum three years (after 10+2 level)
- Are appearing for the final examination of their degree/ diploma/ postgraduate degree programme by July 2020
- Have passed the GD Arts diploma programme (10+5 level) by July 2020
Q. What is the application fee for CEED 2022?
A. Is CEED exam tough?
Q. How many seats are there in CEED?
Q. How can I prepare for CEED exam?
Q. How many students appear for CEED exam?
Q. What is the difference between CEED and UCEED exam?
Q. When will CEED 2022 draft answer key be released?
Q. Can I challenge the CEED 2022 answer key?
CEED 2022 Contact Information
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Phone No.: +912225769093 / +912225769094
(Mon to Fri 09:30 – 17:30 hrs)
E-Mail Address: email@example.com
News & Updates
Explore Other Exams
13 Institutes accepting CEED
CV Raman Road, Bangalore