Ministry of social justice to provide free coaching to SC, OBC students, applications invited

2 mins read1 Comment
Anupama
Anupama Mehra
Assistant Manager – Content
Updated on May 4, 2022 14:19 IST

Candidates can apply for assistance from the ministry till May 31 on coaching.dosje.gov.in.

Ministry of social justice to provide free coaching to SC, OBC students, applications invited

Ministry of social justice to provide free coaching to SC, OBC students, applications invited

The Ministry of social justice and empowerment (MoSJE) is now inviting applications from all those students who belongs to the Scheduled Caste (SC) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) communities to help them with assistance to undertake coaching classes for various competitive examinations in the country. Candidates can apply for assistance from the ministry till May 31 on coaching.dosje.gov.in.

The free coaching scheme by the government for SC and OBC students 2022 aims to provide quality coaching to economically and socially disadvantaged SC, OBC candidates and to help them clear competitive examinations and get employed in both public and private sectors. As per the scheme, the coaching fee for the course will be paid by the Ministry. Up to a maximum amount of INR 1,20,000 and a stipend of INR 4,000 for a maximum of up to nine months or the duration of the coaching classes, whichever is less.

There are 3,500 seats available this year for the free coaching scheme. About 60 per cent of these seats are to be allotted to the courses which require graduation as eligibility. The rest 40 percent is for the courses that require the Class12 exam as eligibility. 

Only students who belong to SC and OBC communities, and have a family income of INR 8 lakh per annum or less are eligible under the scheme. SC, OBC candidates who also belong to a minority community can apply for such benefits under a similar scheme by the minority affairs ministry.
Under the free coaching scheme for SC and OBC students in 2022, assistance will be provided for the following competitive exams:

  • State Public Service Commission (SPSC) and Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) civil services exam
  • National Defence Academy (NDA) exam
  • Combined Defence Service (CDS) exam
  • Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)
  • National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)
  • Common Aptitude Test (CAT)
  • Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)
  • Indian Engineering Services (IES)
  • Graduate Record Examinations (GRE)
  • Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
  • Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT)
  • International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
  • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOFEL)
  • Chartered Accountant Common Proficiency Test (CA-CPT)
  • Commercial Pilot License (CPL) courses
  • Public Sector Undertakings (PSU) exams
  • Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)
  • Staff Selection Commission (SSC) exams
  • Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) exams

Read More:

About the Author
Anupama Mehra
Assistant Manager – Content

"The pen is mightier than the sword". Anupama totally believes in this and respects what she conveys through it. She is a vivid writer, who loves to write about education, lifestyle, and governance. She is a hardcor... Read Full Bio

Comments

(1)

H

Harshitha

20/05/22

Can we change the password if we forgot?

Reply to Harshitha

We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse the site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.