How to correct name in CBSE Class 10th, 12th marksheet?

3 mins read1.6L Views 50 Comments
clickHere
Anum
Anum Ansari
Assistant Manager – Content
Updated on Nov 16, 2022 13:29 IST

in case you have found any mistake in your CBSE 10th or 12th Marksheet, then DO NOT WORRY! Check the process to get the mistake rectified below. 

How to change name in CBSE Class 10, 12 Results 2022 Markshee

CBSE name correction: Students searching for ways to change name in CBSE Marksheet must read further to understand the steps.  The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) declared CBSE 12th Results 2022 and CBSE 10th Results 2022. Considering the ongoing pandemic situation, the Board made the original CBSE marksheet, passing certificate and other important documents available for download via DigiLocker. We all know the importance of Class 10 and 12 Marksheet. During graduation, higher studies and also even in jobs, these documents play a significant role. In fact, the CBSE Class 10 marksheet is also considered a birth certificate/ birth proof. Therefore, any mistakes in these documents can create havoc for students in the future.

Also Read: Class 12 Board Result: Comparative Analysis of Pass Percentage 2022 vs 2021, 2020

Students are advised to carefully check all the details (Name, Date of Birth, Name of parents, etc) mentioned on their CBSE Marksheet 2020. However, in case you have found any mistake in your CBSE 10th or 12th Marksheet, then DO NOT WORRY! Either your name is spelled incorrectly or father’s name or mother’s name is mentioned incorrectly in the marksheet, CBSE provides correction option to students for the same. Gone are the days when Making corrections in CBSE marksheet used to be a hectic task. Read further and know the process to change name in CBSE 10th and CBSE 12th marksheet.

Conditions for Correction in Name on CBSE 10, 12 Marksheet 

Students can apply for name correction if any of the following errors are there in CBSE Class 10 or 12 marksheet.

1. Spelling errors in students name/surname.
  2. Spelling errors in students father’s name/surname.
  3. Spelling errors in students mother’s name/surname.

Also Read: Class 10th Board Result Pass Percentage 2022 vs 2021, 2020: A Comparative Analysis

How to correct name in CBSE Marksheet?

Students can change name in CBSE marksheet following the steps mentioned below:

1) Collect Application Form

For CBSE marksheet correction online, students can take an application form for name correction in the CBSE Marksheet from the official website of the Board, i.e. cbse.nic.in. The forms are also available at the admission department of their respective school.

2) Fill up the Application Form

Enter all the details correctly. Avoid errors and rewriting. Follow the instructions carefully while filling the form.

3) Required Document

Following documents are needed to be submitted along with the form for name correction:

• School leaving certificate of the previous school which is submitted by the parents at the time of admission.
  • A portion of the page of admission and withdrawal register of the school where the entry has been made with respect to the candidate.

4) Fees Amount

Students often ask how to change father name in 10th marksheet cbse? In order to process the name correction application, students need to deposit a certain fee amount. The fees vary depending upon the name that is being corrected. The fees breakup is mentioned below:

• Fees for name correction in Marksheet/Certificate – Rs.1000 (Fees of marksheet/certificate included).
  • Fee for Change in Candidate’s Mother’s Name/Father’s Name/Guardian’s Name – Rs.1000 + Actual Cost of the Document

After completing the process, the board will make the necessary corrections once the verification of the original records of the school is done.

CBSE 10th, 12th Board Exams 2023

Meanwhile, students prepping up appear for CBSE board exams 2023 must note that CBSE 10th, 12th board exams 2023 date sheet is all set to be released real soon by the end of November. The Board will conduct exams in the month of February 2023. Post the release of CBSE Board 10th and 12th results 2023, students may flow the steps mentioned above if they want to change name in their CBSE marksheet 2023. 

Read More: 

Download this article as PDF to read offline

Download as PDF
clickHere
About the Author
Anum Ansari
Assistant Manager – Content

"Writing is not about accurate grammar, it's about the honest thoughts you put in it". Having a versatile writing style, Anum loves to express her views and opinion on different topics such as education, entertainme... Read Full Bio

Comments

(50)

Where is the form in CBSE Site? That site is not user friendly at all

Reply to Somesh Bhardwaj

I am in class 12 please help me I had mistakely done spelling mistake in registration. today I know this I am so worried what should I do now the examination dates has come but admit card doesn't please help me out

Reply to Siddthartha anand

I want to add my Father's middle name in 10th and 12th marksheet. By mistakenly In 10th and 12th marksheet middle name not added . What is the procedure to add it

Reply to Mukesh Kumar Dugar

S

Sikta Mondal

a month ago

I want to change my mother's name in 10th and 12th marksheet. In my mother's ID documents it is different name and in my school certificate another. Is it possible to change the names?

Reply to Sikta Mondal

Next Story

We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse the site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.