IITR Internship 2020: Apply for Summer Internship
Those chosen would get exposure to research. This may also help them apply for doctoral or postgraduate studies at IIT Roorkee.
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IITR) is currently conducting IIT internship 2020 for the summer internship programme. For the institute-funded SPARK fellowships, IIT Roorkee has asked for online applications for summer internships. The students will be given a weekly stipend of Rs 2500. The chosen undergraduate students would get exposure to research. This may also help them apply for doctoral or postgraduate studies at IIT Roorkee.
Who can apply for IIT internship 2020 at IITR?
BTech, MSc, BArch, and BE students who, at present, have joined and have finished at least two semesters of the undergraduate degree in an applicable discipline from any organisation in India can register for the IIT internship 2020 at IITR. The eligibility criteria is as follows:
- CGPA > 7.5 for IISc/IITs.
- CGPA > 8.0 for NISER/IIEST/UM-DAECBS/ NITs/ IISERs
- CGPA > 8.5 for students of other institutes
Assignments available for IIT internship 2020 at IITR
There are a number of tasks available across many branches such as Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Mathematics, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Applied Science and Engineering, Architecture and Planning, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Earth Sciences, Earthquake Engineering and so on.
How to register for IIT Internship 2020 at IITR?
First of all, interested and eligible students have to register on the spark website – spark.iitr.ac.in for the IIT internship 2020 at IITR. Candidates need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Login to submit an online application and view the status of application.
- Candidates will be asked to upload the last semester mark sheet of existing degree, their photograph, a 500-word research statement, and a concise resume of 1 to 2 page. No Objection Certificate (NOC) will also be needed while joining, for students of other institutes.
- Applicants will also be asked to mention names of five faculty members of their interest from the list of faculty members existing on the assigned portal under whom they aspire to work as an intern.
- All applications are required to be submitted before February 28, 2020 and the list of selected students will be out on March 15, 2020.
- Summer training will be conducted throughout the scheduled summer vacation at IITR, which is from May 12 to July 10, 2020. The tenure of the summer training should not be less than six weeks. Students of IITR will be allowed to begin their summer internship immediately after the completion of the term-end examination.