Students in a fix as govt unsure about e-admission

Students in a fix as govt unsure about e-admission

1 min read16 Views Comment Call 8585951111Call 8585951111
Updated on Feb 9, 2010 04:31 IST
<p style="text-align: justify;">The state education department&rsquo;s indecisiveness over the upcoming junior college online admissions has angered the parents&rsquo; forum. They have written to school education minister Balasaheb Thorat threatening legal action if the matter is not made clear.<br /><br /><br />The state government is yet to clarify how online admissions will work this year, minus last year&rsquo;s chaos. &ldquo;In less than a month, the Std X exams will start, but students and parents are clueless about how junior college admissions will be managed online.</p> <p style="text-align: justify;"><br />Furthermore, the government has failed to clarify whether the Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Ltd (MKCL) will once again be <img style="border: 3px solid black; margin: 3px 4px; float: right;" src="https://images.shiksha.com/mediadata/images/1265713202phpypJIqz.jpeg" alt="" width="150" height="110">involved,&rdquo; said Jayant Jain, President of All India Federation of Parents Teachers Association and Forum for Fairness in Education.</p> <p style="text-align: justify;"><br />The organisation has also demanded that minority category admissions be made transparent and included in the online process. &ldquo;Last year, a lot of fraudulent admissions took place in the minority category as there was no transparency,&rdquo; Jain added. To avoid a repeat of last year when the MKCL-designed website crashed and delayed the admission process, the forum wants the online process to be optional.</p> <p style="text-align: justify;"><br />Several city schools have been told by the education department to train teachers and non-teaching staff in computer and internet usage. &ldquo;At a recent meeting with the education department, we were asked to get the teachers as well as non-teaching staff trained in computer and internet. They wanted us to be prepared to help students in filling online forms,&rdquo; said a principal of a Bandra school.</p> <p style="text-align: justify;"><br />Sources in the education department also claim that several meetings were held over online admissions.</p> <p style="text-align: justify;"><br />&ldquo;MKCL will be handling the process and there have been several meetings held with them to ensure a foolproof system this year. But, an announcement will be made only when the process is settled,&rdquo; said the source.</p> <p style="text-align: justify;"><strong>Source: http://www.dnaindia.com/</strong></p> <p style="text-align: justify;"><strong>Date: 9th Feb., 2010</strong></p> <hr /> <p><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>For further details about related courses and colleges please click below:</strong></span></p> <p><a href="https://science.shiksha.com">Related courses and colleges</a></p>

The state education department’s indecisiveness over the upcoming junior college online admissions has angered the parents’ forum. They have written to school education minister Balasaheb Thorat threatening legal action if the matter is not made clear.


The state government is yet to clarify how online admissions will work this year, minus last year’s chaos. “In less than a month, the Std X exams will start, but students and parents are clueless about how junior college admissions will be managed online.


Furthermore, the government has failed to clarify whether the Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Ltd (MKCL) will once again be involved,” said Jayant Jain, President of All India Federation of Parents Teachers Association and Forum for Fairness in Education.


The organisation has also demanded that minority category admissions be made transparent and included in the online process. “Last year, a lot of fraudulent admissions took place in the minority category as there was no transparency,” Jain added. To avoid a repeat of last year when the MKCL-designed website crashed and delayed the admission process, the forum wants the online process to be optional.

Staying updated about the latest educational events is just a click away
Enter Mobile Number


Several city schools have been told by the education department to train teachers and non-teaching staff in computer and internet usage. “At a recent meeting with the education department, we were asked to get the teachers as well as non-teaching staff trained in computer and internet. They wanted us to be prepared to help students in filling online forms,” said a principal of a Bandra school.


Sources in the education department also claim that several meetings were held over online admissions.


“MKCL will be handling the process and there have been several meetings held with them to ensure a foolproof system this year. But, an announcement will be made only when the process is settled,” said the source.

Source: http://www.dnaindia.com/

Date: 9th Feb., 2010


For further details about related courses and colleges please click below:

Related courses and colleges

Videos you may like
About the Author
qna

Comments