SP Jain School of Global Management  ,Kurla West, Mumbai

Admission to S P Jain-Global isn’t easy at all, it’s really tough, says Shoaib

4 mins readUpdated on Aug 23, 2021 03:26 IST

At Class 12 level, I pursued Science including Math, Physics, and Computer Science, with research and interests which still hold true today. Pursued Bachelors in the field of Engineering (IT). Thereafter, decided to pursue an MBA programme from S P Jain School of Global Management, and there are several reasons for that:

1. S P Jain-Global consistently ranks among the best B-Schools globally; in the top-100, and has ranked as high as #4 globally.
  2. A one-year programme means you save a year (MBA programmes are typically of two-year duration).
  3. It pioneered the concept of Global-MBA; it is the first of its kind multi-city programme, conducting the programme in three terms of four-month each across three alpha cities - Dubai, Singapore, and Sydney (which is representative of three major global business cultures – the Arab, the Chinese, and the Western). And, because of its roots in India, you also get exposure to the fourth major business culture - the Indian context. This immersive experience is like no other, that any B-School could possibly provide. This experience hasn’t yet been and couldn’t possibly ever be replicated.

The Global-MBA programme is the flagship programme of SP Jain School of Global Management intended for students with work experience, and was thus the best fit for me.

Admission to S P Jain-Global isn’t easy at all, it’s really tough. I gave the GMAT and PTE entrance exams, and you need to prepare really well for these entrance exams. Though, I didn’t take any coaching classes, I did extensive self-study for the same. But, students could look at external help in preparing for these exams, that’d surely help them, but I’d stop short of recommending a specific coaching class, since I didn’t take one myself; they should make an informed choice in selecting one. Post that there were several other requirements, the process was lengthy, elaborate, and rigorous. We had to submit several write-ups, take an S P Jain-Global internal test, and faced several round of interviews, which were really grueling and tough, and you could never be sure till you received the offer letter. But, the one thing I recommend to prospective candidates is that there’s no substitute for preparing, and putting in the effort; in addition you need to have integrity, don’t think you’d be able to lie and fool your way into the programme, the interviewers are usually proficient in catching any false claims you make and you wouldn’t be able to justify or substantiate during your interview course. Rather, be honest about yourself, and express how and why you are an optimal fit for the program and how it’d adds value to your profile.

If you’ve heard that you learn more outside the class than inside of it, well then that’s most definitely not at the expense of your class hours. So what should you do outside of your class hours, my mantra is very simple: study, more study, and even more study, that’s how you should use your time outside of your class hours. True, there’s a lot of peer-group learning that happens in an MBA programme, but that complement your formal coursework, and doesn’t and shouldn’t in any way substitute it.

In addition to the regular coursework, the simulations, student boards rooms, and global learning sessions were all value-adds.

I, for my part, did my bit (to the best I could) to contribute to my cohort, and also to fellow students from other courses; interactions add to your perspective. And, at S P Jain-Global you should tap into this diversity of your global peer group and other students to add to your learning experience.

I also extended my help to my cohort and others at school who wanted to interact with me esp. related to my past experiences and learnings with regards to the coursework and also related to other fields more generally.

I also helped in profiling students to give them a better insight into themselves, something which could be of help even for placements.

The S P Jain-Global experience has been truly phenomenal in terms of your learnings, development, professional networking, and building connections that are for life.

Currently associated with IBM, which is leading the world into its next phase of tech changes; it is at the forefront of technology leadership, and I’m happy to be campus placed at IBM as Advisory Consultant in Information Technology Management Consulting role

Well your learnings and efforts never go to waste. The long study hours put-in, the help extended to my cohort and fellow student at S P Jain-Global is finally reaping positive outcomes. To be campus placed at IBM, perhaps the best role on offer at campus is hugely satisfying. But, it’s not the end, it just the beginning of a re-start of my professional career journey in a more meaningful way.

My association with IBM as Advisory Consultant in Information Technology Management Consulting role is an optimum fit for my profile. I’m treating IBM not as a destination, but as a journey. Within IBM, there’s a lot of career trajectories, which excites me, and I’m planning to explore such fields as Quantum Computing, AI, and other Emerging Technologies.

In addition, I’d also like to explore synergies to contribute to the field of Management Education, something which I enjoy doing and have done in the past, to contribute to this very significant and evolving field of Education.

About the author

Shoaib Mohammed is an MBA student at SP Jain School of Global Management. He has over 10 years of corporate experience and is currently associated with IBM as an advisor consultant.

Note: The views expressed in this article are solely author’s own and do not reflect/represent those of Shiksha

Download PDF

MyStory Writer provides you with a platform on which you may share your educational experiences and stories thus far. It allows you to educate other aspirants' paths in order to assist them in making great career ju... Read Full Bio

Get Admission and Placement Updates about SP Jain School of Global Management

Comments

K

Is Masters in global luxury management at SP Jain worth doing or not? How is its scope and placement as it's a new course?

SPJAIN.GLOBAL Global

3 years ago

Hi Kirat, our MGLuxM program is a 12-month postgraduate program that will help you transform into an expert manager in the global luxury industry. You can take a look at the complete information about our program here: https://www.spjain.org/programs/postgraduate/mgluxm

Do you consider MAT score? I have scored 666.50. Am I eligible to get admission?

Saket Raj Sahu

2 years ago

Hi,
Just go through this link and fill out the required details
College predictor in Shiksha

SPJAIN.GLOBAL Global

3 years ago

Hi Sai, we do accept MAT score. You can submit your GMAT/GRE/CAT score or choose to take our internal assessment SPJAT to apply.

V

Is it beneficial start BBA or after 12th(UG) or is it suggested to do it after Graduation in any field?

MALLIKARJUNASWAMY S

2 years ago

S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR) IS GOOD,
MY SUGGESTION - ANALYTICS, STATICS, INTELLIGENCE BUSINESS, COMPANY SECRETARY.

Is entrance exams like GMAT, CAT required for Luxury Management Course? As there is no criteria written so had a doubt about it.

MALLIKARJUNASWAMY S

2 years ago

If your serious about considering a Masters in Luxury Management and are a passionate about brands, then I suggest you should definitely consider the Master in Global Luxury Goods and Services Management or MGLuxM as it is popularly known. The institute offers a 12 month in depth training in the ...If your serious about considering a Masters in Luxury Management and are a passionate about brands, then I suggest you should definitely consider the Master in Global Luxury Goods and Services Management or MGLuxM as it is popularly known. The institute offers a 12 month in depth training in the management of the luxury brands through class room sessions, case studies, study tours, industry interaction and Company visits, networking meeting with business associations, entrepreneurs and businesses in Milan and India, participants will get an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the entire gamut of the Luxury industry both in matured and emerging markets. The study is split into 6 months in Mumbai and 6 months in Milan. The 6 months that students spend in Milan also include dedicated study tours to Europe's top luxury districts. What's more, the MGLuxM is accredited by Politecnico di Milano and the degree is approved and recognized by the Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR), making it a truly an international offering
The Master in Global Luxury Goods and Services Management (MGLuxM) program is ideal for:
Young graduates with at least a bachelors degree of three years from a recognized university in India or abroad
Students who have an aptitude and appetite to work in the luxury space
The programme will be taught in English. Hence, an adequate level of proficiency in English and good written and spoken communication skills is a must
Students must also be able to display leadership and managerial skills and be willing to meet the demands of a rigorous Masters degree.

s

Am I eligible for admission without taking GMAT or CAT?

Abhishek Desai

Scholar-Level 17

3 years ago

Hello,
Yes, SP Jain School of Global Management, apart from GMAT and CAT, also accepts the scores of its internal assessment exam named SP JAT for its MBA program.
Good luck.

SPJAIN.GLOBAL Global

3 years ago

Hi Sukriti, in case you have taken the GMAT or CAT, you can choose to take our internal assessment SPJAT.

Are there placements for executive MBA?

SPJAIN.GLOBAL Global

3 years ago

Hi Soma,
Our E-MBA program is for working professionals and hence we do not provide any placement opportunities. However, we do provide career assistance and counselling to our students along with an opportunity to connect and be a part of a very vibrant alumni network.

n

namit khurana

4 years ago

No, SP Jain Global does not provide placements for Executive MBA for following reasons:1. All their EMBA students are working professionals. However, they do provide career counselling, career coaching & mentoring.2. They provide multiple opportunities for networking not just through classroom ac...No, SP Jain Global does not provide placements for Executive MBA for following reasons:
2. They provide multiple opportunities for networking not just through classroom activities, but also through an access to their alumni portal (1500+ EMBA alumni located across the world and many more from other courses), seminars and corporate events.

I am from Mumbai and will be graduating in April 2018. When to prepare for MBA entrance exam if I want to join Athens, IBS, NMIMS, SP Jain?

SPJAIN.GLOBAL Global

3 years ago

Hi Nidhi,
As SP Jain Global, we do accept scores from exams like CAT/GMAT/GRE. In case, if you have not taken either of them, you can take our internal aptitude test SPJAT.

n

namit khurana

4 years ago

As per your question, you mentioned that you are graduating in April 2018. Ideally, you should start preparing for MBA entrance exams from the time you were in the 2nd year of your UG. However, for your information, if you think you can still make it, you should directly start preparing for next ...As per your question, you mentioned that you are graduating in April 2018. Ideally, you should start preparing for MBA entrance exams from the time you were in the 2nd year of your UG. However, for your information, if you think you can still make it, you should directly start preparing for next year. Adding to your list of preference, you can also prepare for SPJAT or GMAT for getting admission in SP Jain Global's post graduate programs like MGB or GMBA for next year. Keep checking their website regularly. https://www.spjain.org/.

a

Am I eligible to get admission in this college for MBA with 49.74% marks in graduation and 70 percentile in MAT?

SPJAIN.GLOBAL Global

3 years ago

Hi Aditya, we do accept MAT score. You can submit your GMAT/GRE/CAT score or choose to take our internal assessment SPJAT to apply.

n

namit khurana

4 years ago

In this case, all you should do is to simply submit your application form and then wait for the admission committee screen your application form. If the admission committee finds your application form to be eligible, then they might ask you to take for SP Jain Global's entrance test, called SPJAT...In this case, all you should do is to simply submit your application form and then wait for the admission committee screen your application form. If the admission committee finds your application form to be eligible, then they might ask you to take for SP Jain Global's entrance test, called SPJAT. You should be able to secure 80+ in SPJAT.