IGNOU launches Diploma in Modern Office Practice

1 min read209 Views Comment
Anum
Anum Ansari
Assistant Manager – Content
Updated on Jan 10, 2020 13:10 IST

The programme aims at generating skilled and competent personnel at the entry-level in the employment sector.

The School of Vocational Education and Training (SOVET) of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has launched a Diploma in Modern Office Practice (DMOP). The programme will be a combination of conventional practices of secretaries and office assistant’s job along with computed aided management techniques.

Business environment these days demand multi-talented office assistants and secretaries. They are expected to have a thorough knowledge of office management along with excellent communication and organizational skills. The programme offered by IGNOU aims at generating skilled and competent personnel at the entry-level in the employment sector. Candidates can register themselves for the course through the website - ignouadmission.samarth.edu.in.

Eligibility Criteria

The candidate interested to pursue diploma in modern office practice needs to possess a 10+2 pass certificate. The course’s medium of instruction will be English and therefore, the candidate needs to have basic knowledge of the language.

Programme Duration

The diploma will be offered in both the July and January admission cycle. The maximum duration of the programme will be 3 years, and the minimum duration will be 1 year.

Fee Structure

The application fee of the diploma in modern office practice is Rs 6000/-

Programme structure

The programme will have a module consisting of five courses delivered in a blended mode. Almost 40% of the self learning material (SLM) will be available in the form of hard copies and the rest 60% of the course will be available as soft copies that can be accessed via e-gyankosh/ mail.

The Diploma in Modern Office Practice (DMOP) programme aims to train candidates for the positions of stenographer, office managers, office executives, executive assistants, front end executives, data entry operators, computer operators, self-employment, personal assistant, private secretary, and more.

Read More:

 

About the Author
Anum Ansari
Assistant Manager – Content

"Writing is not about accurate grammar, it's about the honest thoughts you put in it". Having a versatile writing style, Anum loves to express her views and opinion on different topics such as education, entertainme... Read Full Bio

Comments

We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse the site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.