What's new at NIFT Mumbai? NIFT has declared the Spot Round Seat Allotment results for the non-PwD category on July 30 for all UG and PG courses. Candidates could check the allotment status by logging into the portal with their credentials. With Spot Round, NIFT has concluded NIFT Counselling 2022, as of now, there are no further seat allotment rounds scheduled.
NIFT Mumbai Admission Highlights 2022
- UG and PG Courses begin in July every year
- Admissions are done only in the online mode
- Programme and the campus will be allotted to candidates on the basis of merit obtained in written test
NIFT Mumbai Important Dates 2022
Some of the important dates are given below:
Spot Round Seat Allotment
30 Jul '22
Spot Round Seat Allotment and registrations
21 Jul '22
Online allotment of seats (Round-6) released
18 Jul '22
NIFT Mumbai UG Admission 2022: BDes, BFTech
- Maximum age for UG programmes should be 23 years as on October 1, 2019
- To be eligible for BDes, candidates need to have a valid score in SAT (Situation Ability Test)
- For final selection inn BFTech, candidates need to appear in GAT (General Ability Test)
Passed 10+2 in any stream from a recognised board with minimum 50% aggregate marks
NIFT Mumbai PG Admission 2022: MDes, MFM
- There is no age limit for applying to any PG programme
- Foreign candidates need to clear GRE exam to be eligible for admission
- For final selection in MDes, candidates need to clear Creative Ability Test and General Ability Test, which is followed by GD/PI
- For MFM, MFTech final selection, candidates need to clear only General Ability Test, followed by GD/PI
Candidates need to have an undergraduate degree in any discipline from any Institute / University recognized by law in India Or Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID
NIFT Mumbai Application Process 2022
- Candidates need to log on to the official website of NIFT
- Click on CMS Login on the top of the website if you are an old user
- In case you are a new user, click on ‘Home’ which will redirect you to the main site of NIFT
- Click on the ‘Admission’ tab and then on ‘Online Registration for NIFT Admissions 2020’
- Then create a ‘Login’ and fill all the details asked and then click on ‘Submit’
Note: Details once submitted, cannot be changed
- When in the logged in state, candidates need to fill the complete application form and upload their signatures picture and recent passport size photograph clicked against a light background
- Candidates then need to pay an application fee on INR 2000 for GN/OBC/EWS Category and INR 1000 for SC/ST/PHP candidates. This can be done through credit card/debit card/demand draft payable at New Delhi (Head Office)-
All India Management Association
15 Link Road,
Lajpat Nagar III
- New Delhi - 110024
- After this, candidates are required to check the status of their application form on the official website
- Once the dates are out, candidates need to download their admit card and take a printout of the same
Documents needed at the time of admission:
a) Valid Email ID (the email should be valid for atleast 1 year
b) Personal and Educational qualification details
c) Caste / Tribe/ Class certificate (for SC / ST/ OBC candidate)
d) Disability Certificate for Persons with Disabilities
e) Image of scanned photograph in jpg / jpeg format and size should not exceed 50 KB
NIFT Mumbai Seat Reservation 2022
- ST: 7.5%
- OBC (NON-CREAMY): 27%
- GEN-EWS: 10%
- Person with Disability (PWD): 5%*
*with 40% or more disability
Interested in this Course ?
Reviews (Showing 5 of 27 reviews)
Placements: NIFT graduates are demanded mostly in the industry. Every year, many companies and brands like Max, Arvind Mills, Globes, etc., come to the campus at the end of the year and take deserving students with them. Last year, 88% of the students got jobs before graduation from the college. The highest package offered was 28 LPA and not only placements, but some companies offer internships also, and the student completes his/her course, they offer them jobs if deserving. From last many years, NIFTians ...
Placements: Due to Covid-19, placements are still not organised. But if we see placements of last year students, they either not placed or placed with a very low package. Placements in our college are below average.
Infrastructure: NIFT Mumbai campus has everything. Our college provides facilities like the best resource centre, Wi-Fi connection and new building have a centralised air-conditioner. The hostel facility is well-maintained, and the quality of the food served is excellent. Our college provides labs in our course like pattern making lab and garment construction lab. A testing lab is also available in other departments that we can use by taking permission. Different kind of machines is available here, which we use...
Placements: Almost 100% of the students from our course got placed. The highest salary package offered is 12 LPA, and the average salary package offered ranges between 5-6 LPA, and the lowest salary package offered is 3 LPA. Top recruiting companies like Shahi Exports, Vardhman, Orient Craft, Arvind, etc., visit our campus for placements. All the students do an internship in the garment industry because it is a part of our course curriculum. Top roles like management, sales, marketing, quality department, e...
Placements: The placements are pretty good. Probably all major fashion brands/companies (like Raymond's, Sitaram, Jinny and Zohnhy, Addidas etc., visited the campus and also many export houses with a very good package. NIFT gives almost 99% of the placements. Also some students got pre-placement offer from the company in which they have done their project-work. The lowest package was 30,000 per months whereas some students got 3 lakhs/month in Bangladesh. The students got about 10-15 thousand rupees during ...
Placements: The placements of last year were very decent in which packages were going as high as 16 LPA, and the average students were easily able to get around 7-8 LPA placement. Firms from other countries have also visited for the internship, and mostly all the students have got a pretty decent job.
Infrastructure: The infrastructure of the college is good, and the college has Wi-Fi facilities for the students and well-designed computer labs which can be accessed anytime. There is a library. Also, there is a hospital con...