IIT Kanpur - Indian Institute of Technology Scholarships and Funding
Merit-cum-Means (MCM) Scholarships:
The Institute gives Merit-cum-Means (MCM) Scholarships to meritorious and needy students. Details and Criteria are given below:
An undergraduate (UG) student in the 4-year, 5-year, or 2-year M.Sc. program can receive the MCM scholarship subject to the following criteria/conditions:
1) Up to 25% of the students in a batch may be awarded the MCM scholarship. From the total number of MCM Scholarships available in each batch, 20% shall be reserved for students belonging to the SC/ST category. The SC/ST students are not to be compared with the GN/OBC students.
2) The MCM scholarships unutilized in a batch may be transferred to another batch. Similarly, the MCM scholarships unutilized in SC/ST category may be transferred to other category students.
3) A student should have a CPI of 6.5 or above to be eligible to receive a full MCM scholarship (freeship + pocket allowance). If the CPI of a student falls below 6.5 (but remains above 6.0), then the pocket allowance is withdrawn.
4) For the first-year UG students, common JEE-AIR or marks obtained will be used for awarding the MCM scholarship.
5) A student must not have had an 'F' grade(s) in one or more courses in the last two regular semesters to receive the MCM scholarship.
6) Total Family Annual Income (TFAI) of the student from all sources should be less than 6.0 lacs.
7) The student must not be getting any other scholarship either from IIT Kanpur or from any other external sources.
The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India gives Scholarships for Higher Education (SHE), called INSPIRE-SHE Scholarships, to the students enrolled in undergraduate programs in natural and basic sciences all across the country in order to inspire them to become leading scientists.
The details of the INSPIRE Scholarship are provided below:
1) Students pursuing 4-Year BS and 5-Year BS-MS Dual Degree programs in natural and basic sciences AND have secured rank within top 10,000 in JEE-AIR are eligible to apply for INSPIRE Scholarship.
2) Applicants must have secured marks within top 1% of their board
3) Applicants must have secured rank within top 10,000 in JEE-AIR
4) Applicants are KVPY, NTSE, JBNSTS scholar, or International Olympiad medalist
5) As per the DST guidelines, the students pursuing BS program in Economics and B. Tech./Dual-Degree programs in Engineering are NOT eligible to receive INSPIRE Scholarship.
6) If applicants have failed in one or more courses or their CPI is below 7.0, then they are NOT eligible to receive INSPIRE scholarship.
7) The IIT Kanpur facilitates the application and award process for its students as per the DST guidelines available at: http://www.inspire-dst.gov.in/SHE.html.
8) A student must apply for the Inspire Scholarship on the prescribed application form before the last date for submitting the application form.
To know more about scholarships, please click on https://www.iitk.ac.in/sspc/
Reviews (Showing 5 of 213 reviews)
Placements: Around 81% of students are placed in civil engineering. The highest salary package offered is around 45 LPA, and the lowest salary package offered is around 5 LPA. The average salary package offered is 20 LPA. The top recruiting companies are Amazon, Zomato, American Express, Infosys, etc. Almost 80% of applied students got internships, and the companies were Uber, Tata, and GRM. The project manager is the top role in our course.
Infrastructure: Facilities and infrastructure are excellent as heard from our senio...
Placements: IIT Kanpur is one of the top engineering colleges across India, and it is known for its extremely good placements. In 2020, in spite of the COVID pandemic, the highest domestic salary package offered was more than that of the previous year. The highest international salary package offered is 1.47 crores per annum. Overall, placements in our college are very good.
Infrastructure: IIT Kanpur has an extremely large campus of about 1050 acres with many facilities. Our college provides huge lecture halls, large field...
Placements: The college has a high placement percentage. The highest international package offered is around 1.5 Crores per annum, and the domestic package is around 60 LPA. The average package offered is around 15 LPA. Various domestic and international companies come for placements, which include like Google, Microsoft etc. The students can also apply for internships starting from the first year itself.
Infrastructure: The college has Wi-Fi, an air-conditioned library, and classrooms with great facilities. The college has...
Placements: Most of the students who apply for placements get a decent salary package from here. Nearly 85% of the students were placed in 2020 from here. The highest salary package offered was 1.5 crores per annum. Major companies like Google, Godrej Industries, Goldman Sachs, etc., were a few top recruiting companies here.
Infrastructure: There is a 24x7 Wi-Fi facility here. The laboratories and the classrooms are very much digitalised and can accommodate huge batches of up to 500 students. IIT Kanpur has one of the huges...
Placements: Almost 92% of the students got placed in companies. The highest salary package offered is 65 LPA, and the average salary package offered is 12 LPA. Students require to score 8 CGPA to get an internship. Companies offered jobs to students who are intelligent and also have good skills, and they also check human behaviour.
Infrastructure: Facilities are excellent in IIT Kanpur. Our college focuses on all students, and Wi-Fi is of very good quality. Classrooms are in good condition, and the library is well-decorated...
News & Updates
- Chat with our counsellor
- Get your personalised list of colleges & exams matching your preferences