Maharashtra MTech 2023 admission dates was released on June 2023. It was expected that the application form for Maharashtra MTech 2023 counselling was available online from June 24 2023. Display of Maharashtra MTech Admission 2023 merit list, counselling and seat allotment was in July 2023 and August 2023.
The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra will conduct the admission process for MTech in Maharashtra. The admission is done through the Centralised Admission Process (CAP). There are 3 rounds of counselling. The candidates must report to the institute allotted to them during the counselling process and confirm their admission by submitting the required documents and paying the fee.
If there are any vacant seats in any of the government/govt. aided/unaided institutes after the 3 rounds of counselling, the respective institutes will notify regarding the seat vacancy on the official website and advertise in the newspapers. Registered candidates can apply for these seats. The institute will complete the final round of admission following government admission rules.
- What is Maharashtra MTech Admission?
- MHTCET MTech Important Dats
- Maharashtra MTech 2023 Admission Highlights
- Maharashtra MTech Application Process
- Maharashtra MTech Eligibility
- Maharashtra MTech Admission Process
- Maharashtra MTech Admission Documents Required
- Maharashtra MTech Admission Facilitation Centres
- Maharashtra MTech Seat Acceptance Fee
- Maharashtra MTech Admission FAQs
What is Maharashtra MTech Admission?
The Maharashtra MTech Admissions are conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra. GATE scores will be considered for MTech admissions as DTE Maharashtra does not have a separate MTech Entrance Exam. Based on GATE scores, DTE Maharashtra publishes the merit list for admission. Three rounds of counselling will be used to allot seats to candidates whose names are on the list. After successful counselling, candidates must lock their choices in order to take Maharashtra MTech Admission.
MHTCET MTech Important Dats
Take a look at the table below for the complete schedule of MHTCET MTech 2023 exam
|Dates||Past Exam Dates|
17 Aug '23 -
25 Aug '23
MHTCET MTech 2023 Display of Vacant seats
13 Aug '23 -
16 Aug '23
MHTCET MTech 2023 Reporting to the allotted institute, fee payment & Admission (CAP Round 3)
13 Aug '23 -
16 Aug '23
MHTCET MTech 2023 Accepting to the offered seat by candidate through his/her login as per Allotment of CAP Round III
Maharashtra MTech 2023 Admission Highlights
The important highlights of Maharashtra MTech courses are given in the table below.
Centralised Admission Process (CAP) Maharashtra MTech Counselling
MTech Admission Conducting Authority
Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra
Helpline No: 9175108612/18002103111
Support Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maharashtra MTech Application Process
The Maharashtra MTech application form for the counselling process can be filled out following the steps below.
- Visit the official website www.mahacet.org.
- Click on the new registration link.
- The candidate must fill in all the necessary information and complete the registration. They will receive an application number and password in the registered email ID.
- Using the application number and password, the application form for Maharashtra MTech counselling can be opened and all the details can be filled in and submitted.
Maharashtra MTech Eligibility
Eligibility Criteria for Maharashtra Candidature Candidate and All India Candidature Candidate are listed below.
- Candidate must be an Indian National.
- Candidates must have passed Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks (at least 45% marks for candidates from Maharashtra State's Backward Class categories, Economically Weaker Section, and Persons with Disability category).
- Non-zero GATE scores are valid for the current academic year.
- Sponsored candidates must have a minimum of two years of work experience in a registered company that is approved by the government.
Maharashtra MTech Admission Process
Maharashtra MTech admission is done through the Centralised Admission Process (CAP). CAP includes three rounds of counselling. The steps in CAP are given below in detail.
Registration: The candidates will initially need to apply for the Centralised Admission Process (CAP) online on the official website. The counselling process will only be open to those who have submitted an application form.
Document Verification: Candidates must visit the local Facilitation Centre (FC) after completing the application form to have their documents verified and to have their application form confirmed. The candidates must present the original documents for verification and confirmation of the application form. All original documents supporting the claims made by the candidate in the application form must be produced by the candidate.
Release of Merit List: The Maharashtra MTech Admission Merit List is released by the admissions board following the completion of the application process. The names of the applicants who have been chosen for counselling are listed on the merit list, which is created based on the application that was submitted. Each shortlisted applicant will be given a merit number. The candidates' GATE scores will be taken into consideration when creating the merit list. The admission authorities will initially publish a tentative merit list. Candidates may object before the deadline if they find any discrepancies in the provisional merit list. The final merit list will be released after all the objections are evaluated by the admissions authority. The candidates will not be given a choice to raise an objection to the final merit list.
Release of Category-Wise Seat Matrix: The admissions authority will publish a category-wise seat matrix for the participating institutions. The list will include information about the relevant institute, the courses it offers, and the overall seat availability for each category. Before each CAP round, the category-wise seat matrix will be released.
Online Submission and Confirmation of Option Form: Before each CAP round, candidates must fill out the course and institute selection based on the published seat matrix. Candidates may select a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 300 options, arranged in decreasing order of preference. On the basis of preferences that have been filled out, seats will be allotted.
Provisional Seat Allotment: The provisional seat allotment is done based on the candidates' choices. The candidates must confirm their seats on the date and time mentioned by going to the Admission Reporting Center (ARC).
CAP Round 1: The seat allotment for CAP Round 1 will be published on the official website.
- The seats will be automatically frozen for candidates whose first preferences of seats were allotted to them. Such candidates will not be permitted to take part in the following rounds of counselling. In order to have their documents confirmed and to pay the seat acceptance fee, candidates must also visit the ARC. The candidate's seat will be rejected if he or she does not accept it in person at the ARC.
- If a student is allotted a seat that is not their first preference but still wishes to freeze that choice, he or she must go to the ARC and pay the seat acceptance fee. These applicants will be qualified for additional CAP rounds for betterment.
- Candidates who have not got seats according to their first preference and who have not confirmed their seats by going to the ARC are still eligible to participate in the subsequent CAP rounds.
CAP Round 2: The seat allotment for CAP Round 2 will be published on the official website. The following process will be the same as CAP Round I.
CAP Round 3: The official website will provide the seat allocation for CAP Round 3. This is the final round of counselling.
Reporting to Institute: To complete the admissions process, candidates must go to the allotted institutes. The admission process will be finished once all of the required documents are submitted and the admission fee is paid.
Filling of Vacant Seats: If there are any vacant seats at the institute, the admission process will be completed by the institutes in the following way:
- Notice of open seats on the institute website as well as advertising in the newspaper.
- Invite registered candidates to submit applications.
- The merit list for these candidates is prepared by the institute and released on the university website and displayed on the institute notice board.
- Complete the admission process by following the government admission rules.
Maharashtra MTech Admission Documents Required
The candidates should upload the following documents along with the application form for the centralised admission process. The candidates should take the original documents with them for scrutiny and verification at the assigned facilitation centre in accordance with the procedures set by the competent authority.
- SSC (Std X) mark sheet
- Graduation Examination Mark Sheet
- GATE score card
- Certificate of Indian Nationality
- Domicile Certificate of candidate/father/mother (if applicable)
- Certificate from the employer that candidate’s father/mother, who is an employee of the Central Government/ Government of India undertaking, is posted in Maharashtra currently (if applicable)
- Certificate from the employer that the candidate’s father/mother is an employee of Maharashtra State Government/ Maharashtra State Government undertaking (if applicable)
- Certificate stating that candidate belongs to the Maharashtra Karnataka border area (if applicable)
- Certificate stating that the mother tongue of the candidate is Marathi (if applicable)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Non-creamy layer certificate (if applicable)
- Eligibility Certificate for Economically Weaker Section (if applicable)
When submitting their application form, applicants must upload all the original certificates and documents that support their claims in the application form.
Maharashtra MTech Admission Facilitation Centres
Based on the data from the past years the list of facilitation centres (FC) is listed below. The candidates can visit these centres for document verification.
- Bhagwant Institute of Technology, Barshi
- Y. Patil College of Engineering, Pune
- Deogiri Institute of Engineering and Management Studies, Aurangabad
- Rajendra Gode Institute of Technology and Research, Amravati
- H.Raisoni College of Engineering, Nagpur
- Government College of Engineering, Amravati
- Government College of Engineering, Chandrapur
- J. Somaiya College of Engineering, Vidyavihar, Mumbai
- Lokmanya Tilak College of Engineering, Mumbai
- S. Bidve Engineering College, Latur
- Modern Education Society’s College of Engineering, Pune
- Ram Meghe Institute of Technology and Research, Amravati
- Rajiv Gandhi College of Engineering Research and Technology, Chandrapur
- Shramsadhana Bombay Trust, College of Engineering and Technology, Jalgaon
- Shri Guru Gobind Singhji Institute of Engineering and Technology, Nanded
- Shri Sant Gajanan Maharaj College of Engineering, Shegaon
- Sinhgad Institute of Technology and Science, Pune
- Sipna College of Engineering and Technology, Amravati
- Trinity College of Engineering and Research, Pune
- Usha Mittal Institute of Technology, Mumbai
Maharashtra MTech Seat Acceptance Fee
The seat acceptance fee must be paid by the candidate when reporting for the first time. This fee will be considered a processing fee that is not refundable. The seat acceptance fee must be paid only online using his or her own login. Following original document verification and confirmation that the applicant satisfies all eligibility requirements, the allocated institute will confirm the candidate's seat. The candidate will get an online confirmation of admission from the institute's admissions officer.
Maharashtra MTech Admission FAQs
Q. Which is the official website to apply for the Maharashtra MTech counselling process?
Q. On what basis is the Maharashtra MTech merit list prepared?
Q. What is the eligibility to apply for MTech in the state of Maharashtra?
Q. Who conducts the admission process for MTech in Maharashtra?
A. The admission process is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra.
Q. Where can I find the Maharashtra MTech merit list?
A. The final and preliminary Maharashtra MTech merit list will only be available online on the official website. No candidates will get a merit list by post or any other means of communication.
Q. How many rounds of Centralised Admission Process (CAP) counselling are conducted for Maharashtra MTech programme admission?
A. Admissions for MTech programme in Maharashtra are done by a centralised admission process (CAP). Three rounds of counselling are part of CAP.
Q. How should I check the merit list on the official website?
A. The candidate must enter the login application number and date of birth to check for the merit list on the official website.
Q. I am not interested in the seat offered during Maharashtra MTech counselling round 1. Can I still participate in further counselling rounds?
Q. When can I expect the application form for Maharashtra MTech 2023 admission process?
A. The application form for Maharashtra MTech 2023 counselling is expected to be released.
Q. How should I raise an objection against the merit list for Maharashtra MTech 2023 admission?
A. A separate link will be available on the official website for grievances against the merit list for MTech 2023 admission in Maharashtra.
Q. What are the steps in applying for Maharashtra MTech 2023 admission process?
- The steps in applying for Maharashtra MTech 2023 admission are
- Filling of Application Form
- Fee Payment
News & Updates
MHTCET MTech Exam
351 Institutes accepting MHTCET MTech
Matunga East, Mumbai