Interview experience at Poornima University
Poornima University's admission interview is a general part of the college admissions application process at various levels. You might reach college and converse with someone in the admissions cell, a living student or an alumnus, or you might have to appear in a video interview.
How to prepare:
Firstly, you need to find out if you have been selected for an interview, if it's optional or not offered at all. If you’ve been shortlisted for an interview, go to the college’s site or reach out to someone in our college’s admission office to find out what you must do to set an interview up. If you have to travel to the college for an interview, you may also want to schedule a campus tour ahead of time for the same trip. After reaching for the scheduled interview, you can do several things to prepare. One important thing is to research and know about the college so you are ready to talk about why this college is a good fit for you.
More interview tips:
You really can’t fail or pass the interview, but you can definitely make a good impression on interviewers by keeping in mind the following:
- Dress decently, preferably in formals.
- Arrive soon.
- Be polite.
- Keep the tone of the language formal.
- Avoid being arrogant. Be confident.
- Honestly answer the questions asked.
Poornima's admission to its UG courses is based on academic performance and entrance exam scores. Except for B.Tech, all other UG courses accept admission on the basis of Class 12 performance (exclusively). Admission to AIET's MBA programme is done on the basis of national-level entrance exam scores. B.Tech and MBA are some of the most popular courses at Poornima University, Jaipur. Poornima University offers UG courses in various specialisations such as Engineering, Design, Management and Science. Admission to these programmes depends on the academic merit of students and their PI (Personal Interview). However, some courses do accept admission of a candidate based on entrance exam results.
Duration of the Interview:
The PI for PU, Jaipur could go over 15–30 minutes on average, including minor breaks if needed. The initial 2 minutes are an ice breaker. The next 5–6 minutes generally revolve around your core skills - Engineering, Sciences, Management etc. The depth of discussions can vary from asking about the candidate’s projects to discussing their interests and asking them about their aspirations and future projects. Thus, one needs to be prepared thoroughly with at least a few of the topics of their strength from graduation. This is true even for people who have had working experience of 2+ years in a completely different field of study. The following 5-8 minutes are mostly concerned with current affairs. The interview panel picks a topic and wants you to have a discussion. This is the deal-breaker part of an interview! The last 2 minutes are some basic behavioural questions.
Personal interview for B.Tech candidates:
The sub-fields of Engineering are dynamic and rich, ranging from high-growth futures (careers) in software development. At all levels of academic achievement, Engineering programmes may adopt interviews as part of their admissions process. The B.Tech candidates may be interviewed by the HOD, subject teachers, and possibly a current student or alumni.
Commonly asked questions:
- Tell me about yourself.
- How did you hear about this college?
- What are your thoughts on our college?
- Why did you choose this college?
Commonly discussed topics:
- Computer programming
- Web 3.0
Personal interview for MBA candidates:
For MBA admissions, candidates have to appear in the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds of the Bachelor Schools. Preparing for an MBA entrance exam might not be as unexpected and random as preparing for PI or GD because every exam has a very different syllabus, and thus questions might be very dynamic. One only needs to spend a couple of months preparing and covering the whole monumental length of the exam syllabus. However, for GD/PI rounds, there is no syllabus and no pattern. Candidates may be given any impromptu topic in a GD and asked any question of any kind during the PI round. The MBA candidates may be interviewed by the HOD, subject teachers, and possibly a current student or alumni.
Commonly asked questions:
- Walk me through your resume or profile.
- How will you contribute to the campus if we choose you?
- How will you add value to the campus if chosen?
- What are your expectations from this MBA programme?
- How do you deal with failure?
- How do you deal with criticism?
Commonly discussed topics:
- Will fake news kill the social fibre of India if left unchecked?
- Can India afford to invest in projects like the Mars Mission?
- Would de-nuclearisation bring about world peace?
- Why is individual data privacy important?
About the Author: Abhijeet Singh is pursuing B.Tech in Computer Science from AIET Jaipur. He delves into various field and believes to be a jack of all trades.
Note: The views expressed in this article are solely author’s own and do not reflect/represent those of Shiksha
Download this article as PDF to read offlineDownload as PDF
News & Updates
- B Tech (Bachelor of Technology)
- BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications)
- BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
- MBA (Masters of Business Administration)
- B Des (Bachelor of Design)
- B.Arch (Bachelor of Architecture)
- B.A (Bachelor of Arts)
- MPH (Master of Public Health)
- Computer Courses (IT & Software)
- Business & Management Studies
- Medical Courses
- Architecture & Planning
- Top Private Law Colleges in Jaipur
- Top 15 Liberal Arts Colleges in Jaipur
- Top 25 BCom Colleges in Jaipur
- Top 30 Journalism Colleges in Jaipur
- Top Medical Colleges in Jaipur
- Top 30 B.Sc Biotechnology Colleges in Jaipur
- Top Government Engineering Colleges in Jaipur
- Top Private Fashion Design Colleges in Jaipur
- B.Tech colleges in Jaipur
- Ph.D. colleges in Jaipur
- M.Tech colleges in Jaipur
- BBA colleges in Jaipur
- BCA colleges in Jaipur
- B.Sc. colleges in Jaipur
- MPH colleges in Jaipur
- B.Des colleges in Jaipur
- MBA colleges in Jaipur
- B.Com colleges in Jaipur
- MCA colleges in Jaipur
- B.A. colleges in Jaipur
- M.Des colleges in Jaipur
- B.Arch colleges in Jaipur
- M.Plan colleges in Jaipur