Anjum KhanAssistant Manager
AIBE 2022 Notification: The Bar Council of India (BCI) will be announcing AIBE XVII exam dates 2022 anytime soon. The application process of AIBE 2022 will begin in September tentatively. Candidates who have qualified the bar examination of India, AIBE XVI (16) have been issued 'Certificate of Practice' on March 30, 2022. They can obtain AIBE 16 COP by downloading AIBESCOPE, a mobile application from Playstore or iOS store. The candidates who could not qualify AIBE XVI (16) can now appear in the upcoming examination. They can get all important updates regarding AIBE 2022 exam dates and events on this page.
- August 6: AIBE XVII (17) 2022 to be held within 3 months: BCI Counsel Manan Kumar Mishra informs SC, Read here
- August 1: AIBE XVI (16) 2021 Certificate of Practice available at 24 state bar councils, Check here
- July 23: BREAKING! AIBE XVII (17) 2022 mode of examination changed, Read BCI notice
- July 04: AIBE 2022 notification to be out soon, But when? Read here BCI official statement
- April 25: BCI to allow other professionals to enroll as provisional advocates on qualifying AIBE? Read here
- March 30: BCI issues COP to AIBE XVI qualified candidates through Mobile application- Check here
AIBE XVI COP issued to qualified candidates- Check here to download
AIBE Exam Dates 2022
Here is a tentative schedule for AIBE (17) 2022 exam until a detailed exam schedule is shared by BCI:
|Events||AIBE Exam Dates|
|Online registration||August 2022|
|Last date for application fee payment||
|Last date for completion of online application form||
|Availability of AIBE 2022 Admit card||August 2022|
|AIBE XVII exam date||August or September 2022|
|AIBE 2022 Answer Key + Question Paper||August or September 2022|
|File objections against Answer Keys||August or September 2022|
|AIBE XVII result announcement||August or September 2022|
|AIBE 17 answer key re-checking||August or September 2022|
|Final Answer Key and Revised Result||
August or September 2022
Important AIBE Exam Events 2022
The Bar Council of India conducts All India Bar Examination (AIBE) for assessing the skills of lawyers who are provisionally enrolled with their State Bar Councils. The Bar examination is usually conducted twice a year, i.e., in September-October and December-January. However, due to COVID-19, the Bar exam is being held once a year since 2020. Check important AIBE 2022 exam events below:
- AIBE XVII (17) Registration: The application process will tentatively begin from July owards. The last date to apply for AIBE 2022 will be within 30 days after the application link is provided on the official website. Candidates can apply online only including payment of application fee. The AIBE XVII (17) registration fee is INR 3,560 for General/OBC category and INR 2,560 for SC/ST category.
- AIBE Admit Card: BCI, the exam authority will issue AIBE XVII admit cards to candidates at least 15 days before the scheduled exam date. Candidates will be able to download the AIBE admit card from the official website of the exam by using their registration ID and password. The AIBE admit card is a mandatory document to be carried to the allotted test centre.
- AIBE Exam: The AIBE 17 (XVII) exam is expected to be held in June-July month. It will be conducted as a pen-and-paper based test. The exam is no longer an open-book examination i.e., candidates are not allowed to carry books/ notes with them to take this exam. The AIBE exam will contain 100 multiple-choice questions of 1 marks each. The total duration of AIBE exam is three hours. The test paper will carry questions from 19 subjects around legal topics. Check complete AIBE exam pattern and syllabus.
- AIBE Answer Key: BCI releases the provisional AIBE answer key and question paper within a week of conducting the examination.The AIBE answer key provides a chance for candidates to raise their objections/ discrepancies for all the questions asked in the exam. the exam authority then verifies their feebacks regarding the answer key of AIBE exam. In case, the objections raised by candidates are found correct, then the exam authority issues a revised answer key.
- AIBE Result: AIBE exam monitoring committee declares the AIBE results after verification of answer key related claims by candidates. The results of AIBE examination are published on the official website only. Candidates can check their AIBE results by logging in to their registered accounts using their roll number and date of birth. All candidates belonging to General/ OBC category need to secure a minimum of 40 per cent to qualify the exam. Those belonging to SC/ ST/PWD category need to secure at least 35% to qualify the bar examination.
- AIBE CoP: Few months after the declaration of result, BCI issues the AIBE Certificate of Practice (CoP) to all the candidates who qualify the All India Bar Examination. Once released, candidates can collect the CoPs from their respective State Bar Councils and then start practicing the legal profession.
Jul '22 - Aug '22
Starting of AIBE 2022 Online RegistrationTENTATIVE
FAQs for AIBE Dates 2022
Q. When will the AIBE notification be out?
Q. When will AIBE 2022 be held?
Q. What is the exam date of AIBE XVII (17) 2022?
Q. What are the exam timings of AIBE 2022?
Q. How many times AIBE is held in a year?
Q. When does BCI declare AIBE results?
Q. When will the hall ticket of AIBE XVII be released?
Q. When will AIBE application forms be released?
Q. When is the last date of AIBE application?
Q. When will BCI release the COP for AIBE 17?