As the interview schedule for Mass Communication course has been released by Jamia Millia Islamia, candidates should start preparing for the online interview now. Check out all the details related to preparation tips, important topics and digital portfolio in the article below.
The Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) conducts the JMI Entrance Exam in order to offer students admission in various Undergraduate (Bachelor), Postgraduate (Master), PG Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Diploma, MPhil, PhD and certificate courses. For admission to Mass Communication and media courses, candidates will have to appear for the online interview as per their serial order. Those clearing the online interview will be further called for counselling and completing the admission formalities. Considered to be quite tough, students need sufficient amount of time for preparation in order to crack the online interview. Candidates will be judged on their intellectual skills, general knowledge, current affairs and the digital portfolio. With the online interviews being conducted from May 29 onwards, students are now short on time and need to get to preparing for the interview straight away. In order to ace the JMI Entrance Exam interview, students need to prepare well enough, get all the right material to study, sort out their portfolio and other documents and practice of speaking confidently. Here are a few important topics which you can practice.
JMI Online Interview Schedule 2023
The list released by Jamia Millia Islamia carries the serial number, roll number and application ID of the selected candidates. Candidates will have to appear for the interview on the scheduled date as per their serial number. Candidates can check subject wise detailed interview schedule in the table below:
|Subjects||Serial No. of Candidates||Interview Date||Interview Time|
|MA Mass Communication||1-38||May 29||9:30 am onwards|
|39-77||May 30||9:30 am onwards|
|78-116||May 31||9:30 am onwards|
|116-155||June 1||9:30 am onwards|
|PG Diploma Still Photography & Visual Communication||1-21||June 2||9:30 am onwards|
|22-41||June 3||9:30 am onwards|
|MA in Visual Effects & Animation||1-28||June 2||9:30 am onwards|
|29-57||June 3||9:30 am onwards|
|MA in Development Communication||1-30||May 29||9:30 am onwards|
|31-60||May 30||9:30 am onwards|
|MA in Convergent Journalism||1-32||May 31||9:30 am onwards|
|33-65||June 1||9:30 am onwards|
|PG Diploma in Acting (Self Financed)||1-13||June 4||9:30 am onwards|
Important JMI Interview Questions 2023
Candidates appearing for the interview will have to submit all the important documents and diigital portfolio in SOFT COPY (PDF) at email@example.com at least four days before the online interview. Candidates must go through their academic profile carefully to perform well in the interview as many questions will be based on their previous subjects, career aspirations and digital portfolio submitted by them. Apart from this, questions from current affairs will also be asked from the candidates. Some interview related questions are given in the article below for the reference:
- Why do you want to study this subject?
What achievement are you most proud of?
- What do you believe are your key strengths?
- Where do you see yourself after completing your course?
- Why do you want to attend this university?
- Questions related to digital portfolio and previous subjects
Guidelines For Digital Portfolio
The digital portfolios should be emailed in a zipped folder to firstname.lastname@example.org at least four days before the interview. The size of the folder must not exceed 2 GB.
- Creative Work: If you are interested in photography, send six of the best photographs that you have taken. If you have made or participated in the making of films send the link of one of the best products you have made. The credits must carry your name for authentication.
- Published work: Written work should be published in a reputed media publication. The name of the publication/organization should be mentioned Or one sample of academic writing produced under supervision in an institution where you have been enrolled. Your excerpt should not exceed 1000 words.
- Certificate/s of Internships/Workshops/Webinars/Conferences/Seminars.
- Certificate/s of extracurricular activities (including sports)/Special achievements/Experience of working with social/cultural organizations in college/university level.
FAQs on JMI Online Interview
Q. What things can be included in digital portfolio?
A. Candidates can include any creative work or published work that they have done to highlight their creativity, such as photographs, published articles, short films, etc. Candidates must ensure that the work submitted by them bears their name as it is necessary to prove the authentication. Apart from this, candidates can also submit certificates if they have attended any internship, workshop, webinar, conference or seminar. Sports certificate or certificate related to cultural activities can also be submitted.
Q. When do I need to submit my digital portfolio?
A, Candidates will have to submit their digital portfolio in a zipped folder to email@example.com at least four days before the interview. Candidates must note that the size of the folder must not exceed 2 GB.
Q. What other documents do I need to submit to appear in interview?
A. Apart from the digital portfolio candidates will also have to submit the below mentioned documents:
- Downloaded Admit Card and Registration Form
- Category certificate (If applicable)
- Certificate of Disability (If applicable)
- Kashmiri Migrant Certificate (If applicable)
- State-domicile certificate (For candidates from Jammu & Kashmir)
- Proof of Age (Highschool Certificate)
- Proof of passing the qualifying examination along with the marksheets
- Proof of Permanent Address (Voter ID, Passport, Aadhaar Card, Driving License) as declared in the application form with the name of the nearest police station and district.
- Character Certificate from the institution last attended
Q. I have been selected for PG Diploma in Acting. What documents do I need to submit?
- Your portfolio should be the evidence of your aptitude and interest in Acting and should highlight your performance oriented work. The applicant should begin their portfolio with a biodata and include the following links:
- Performing Arts
- Theatre Performance (On stage/back stage)
- Creative Writing
- Performance in/on film
- Dance Performance
- Self attested documents of certificates of performance (not more than three), press clippings (selected), award certificate/s, social work and photograph/s of performance.
Q. When will the final list of shortlisted candidates will be declared?
A. A final list of selected candidates will be released once the online interviews are completed. The merit list will include the cut off for each category,
Download this article as PDF to read offlineDownload as PDF
Ritika has about six years of editorial experience in digital and print media. She has a special interest in education and current affairs. In her spare time, she enjoys travelling and reading.
Upcoming Mass Communication & Media Exam Dates