UGC NET 2018: Prep tips for Forensic Science by Snigdha Moitra

University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test 2022 ( UGC NET )

Shikha
Shikha Anand
Manager - Content
Updated on Aug 10, 2018 12:36 IST

Snigdha Moitra, UGC NET qualfied

Snigdha Moitra has cracked UGC NET 2018 Forensic Science paper for Assistant Professor by scoring a total of 170/ 300 marks (56.67%). Marks that she has scored in both the papers are 52/100 in paper-I and 118/200 in paper-II.

A graduate in BSc Physics, Chemistry and Forensic Science from SHUATS, Allahabad and postgraduate in MSc Forensic Science from Bundelkhand University, Jhansi, Snigdha always wanted to make her career in the field of teaching. Her father is a TGT Physics teacher since 30 years and mother is vice-principal in a school. Currently, Snigdha runs her own coaching institute for Chemistry and Biology subjects for classes 9th to 12th. Simultaneously, she is also pursuing her BEd from Bundelkhand University.

An extremely career-oriented girl, Snigdha is also a trained classical dancer and state-level debater.

In a candid interview with Shiksha, Snigdha shares how she cleared UGC NET (July) 2018 after two failed attempts. She shares what prep strategy she adopted, which books she read, what study plan she followed and more. Go through the complete interview below:

Q. Did you expect to qualify UGC NET for Assistant Professor?

A.

Since it was my third attempt of UGC NET I was not expecting much. But that confidence in me always made me believe that I could definitely qualify for Assistant Professor and with my hard work and blessings of my gurus, parents and god, I did it. Qualifying for Assistant Professor has boosted my confidence to start fresh preparation for JRF.

Q. Could you tell us your preparation strategy that helped you crack UGC NET exam?

A.

I believe that self-study is the best study and my belief has led me achieve most fruitful results. I am not a morning person. Still for UGC NET preparation I was always punctual and used to wake up at 6:00 AM. I studied for 10 hours daily and made sure to utilise this time properly with all my mind and soul. I made a time table for myself and set targets on daily basis.

Q. Did you take any coaching for this exam?

A.

No, I never believed in taking coaching for UGC NET preparation. I knew I could crack the exam without coaching. Also, my subject was rare so nobody gave coaching for it.

Q. What study plan did you follow for this exam?

A.

As already mentioned above, I followed a daily time table. I studied for five hours in the morning and five hours in the evening. Along with that I made sure to be punctual and regular with my studies.

Preparing for UGC NET needs lot of determination and hardwork. I suggest NET aspirants to study for at least 10 hours daily with no page of the book unturned.

Q. Which books did you read to prepare for the exam?

I read the following books for UGC NET preparation of paper-I and II:

Forensic Science: An Introduction

Richard Saferstein

A Textbook of Medical Jurisprudence and Toxicology

Jaising P Modi

Forensic Science in Criminal Investigation and Trials

BR Sharma

Q. How did you deal with your strengths and weaknesses while preparing for the exam?

A.

As already mentioned I always had trouble in waking up early in the morning. But I overcame my weakness by doing a lot of work during day time and then falling asleep early at night.

I have realised that the day one determines to achieve something, all negativities automatically go away.

Q. What as per you are the mistakes one should avoid while preparing for the exam?

A.

Do not neglect paper-I. Candidates usually sit in the exam with no preparation for paper-I. But it is a completely wrong strategy as paper-I is really scoring. There is a fixed pattern in this paper. In fact, you also have a slight idea about the type of questions that come in this paper so devote equal time to it.

Q. Which as per you was the most difficult part of the UGC NET exam?

A.

For me, the unpredictable questions that come in the exam are the most difficult part of clearing UGC NET. Even if you think you are 100% prepared, some questions can seem alien to you. So it is better not to leave any topic during preparation.

Q. Any things that students should keep in mind to perform well on the day of the exam?

A.

Candidates should not panic and be calm. They should remember that UGC NET is not the end but a start towards a successful career. So they should always maintain their presence of mind.

Q. What other teaching entrance exams did you take?

A.

I will be giving CTET in near future.

Q. Was clearing UGC NET always your first preference?

A.

Yes, but my ultimate goal is clearing JRF (Junior Research Fellowship).

Q. Any tips for students who are planning to take the exam next year?

A.

Karat karat abyaas k jadmati hot sujaan. This means that hard work always pays.

Q. What are your future plans?

A.

I am going to start UGC NET coaching for underprivileged students and also for others. I also want to pursue PhD but not right now. I am a tortoise and believe that slow and steady wins the race.

UGC NET 2018: Prep tips for Commerce by Ramesh Kumar

Richa Chaudhary shares her success story of clearing UGC NET 2018 Psychology for Assistant Professor

Shikha Anand
Manager - Content

With a huge appetite for scrumptious food, Shikha is a big foodie and enjoys watching movies the most. Shopping is not really her cup of tea but her favourite pastime is spending quality time with friends and family... Read Full Bio

Download Important Dates for Sarkari Exams Exams

CSIR NET 2022 Cut Off

CSIR UGC NET Final Answer Key

SSC CGL 2022 Tier-I Exam Dates

SSC CGL 2022 Admit Card Dates

SSC JE 2022 Paper 1 Exam Date

Last Date to Pay Fee Online an...

HPTET Exam Date

Application Correction

15 Jan '23 -

Admit Card

Exam Date

KTET Admit Card

KTET Exam

Comments

d

Are candidates who have qualified for the UGC NET JRF and are applying for the Ph.D. program exempted from the AILET?

j

jasveer singh

23 hours ago

Hi deepika No, according to NLU, Delhi, which conducts the AILET exam, the candidates who have qualified for the UGC NET JRF are not exempted from the AILET. Any such NET-qualified candidate needs to appear in the AILET entrance exam at NLU, Delhi, to do a Ph.D. at NLU. This exam is conducted onc...Hi deepika
No, according to NLU, Delhi, which conducts the AILET exam, the candidates who have qualified for the UGC NET JRF are not exempted from the AILET. Any such NET-qualified candidate needs to appear in the AILET entrance exam at NLU, Delhi, to do a Ph.D. at NLU. This exam is conducted once a year at the national level by the NLU, Delhi. The duration of the exam is 1 hour and 30 minutes and is held in offline mode. To be admitted to the Ph.D. programme at NLU, Delhi, you must have completed an LL. M. or an equivalent law degree with 55% marks. After clearing AILET. You can get NLU-D for a Ph.D. in law. And if it's help you like it.

Deeksha Dixit

No, according to NLU, Delhi, which conducts the AILET exam, the candidates who have qualified for the UGC NET JRF are not exempted from the AILET. Any such NET-qualified candidate needs to appear in the AILET entrance exam at NLU, Delhi, to do a Ph.D. at NLU. This exam is conducted once a year at...No, according to NLU, Delhi, which conducts the AILET exam, the candidates who have qualified for the UGC NET JRF are not exempted from the AILET. Any such NET-qualified candidate needs to appear in the AILET entrance exam at NLU, Delhi, to do a Ph.D. at NLU. This exam is conducted once a year at the national level by the NLU, Delhi. The duration of the exam is 1 hour and 30 minutes and is held in offline mode. To be admitted to the Ph.D. programme at NLU, Delhi, you must have completed an LL. M. or an equivalent law degree with 55% marks. After clearing AILET. You can get NLU-D for a Ph.D. in law.

What is difference between UGC NET and CSIR NET?

d

deepika maurya

The difference between UGC NET and CSIR NET is1- UGC NET exam is conducted for Adult Education, Continuing Education, Andragogy, Non-Formal Education, Forensic Science, Law, Mass Communication and Journalism, Philosophy, Sanskrit, Tourism, Administration, and Management. Eligibility Criteria for ...The difference between UGC NET and CSIR NET is
1- UGC NET exam is conducted for Adult Education, Continuing Education, Andragogy, Non-Formal Education, Forensic Science, Law, Mass Communication and Journalism, Philosophy, Sanskrit, Tourism, Administration, and Management. Eligibility Criteria for UGC NET:
Master's Degree or equivalent with minimum 55 percent marks for open category and 50 percent for SC, ST, PwD, and Transgender applicants. Age Limit: 31 years for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship). There is no age limit for Assistant Professorship. Nationality: Indian
Subject Eligibility: Subject of your Post-Graduation.
2- The CSIR NET examination is conducted only for the Science stream students, and the Indian Council of Agricultural Research-National Eligibility Test is held for the students belonging to the Agriculture Field. For all other subjects or streams, the students need to appear for the UGC NET examination. CSIR NET Educational Qualification:
M.Sc, BE/B.Tech, Integrated BSMS BS-4 Years, B.Pharma MBBS or an Equivalent Degree. For OBC and General candidates, 55 percent marks are needed, and for SC, ST, and PWD candidates, a minimum of 50 percent marks are needed. I hope this will help you.

Pranmoi Mazumdar

UGC NET exam is conducted in almost all subjects of every stream and also for humanities and other professional courses. Where in CSIR NET exam is conducted only for science stream subject like Chemistry, Physics, Science, mathematical Science, chemical Science and life Science.

Which is more suitable for agriculture students, the CSIR NET or the UGC NET?

d

deepika maurya

The CSIR NET examination is conducted only for the Science stream students, and the ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research) NET is held for the students belonging to the Agriculture Field. For all other subjects or streams, the students need to appear for the UGC NET examination. CSIR NET ...The CSIR NET examination is conducted only for the Science stream students, and the ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research) NET is held for the students belonging to the Agriculture Field. For all other subjects or streams, the students need to appear for the UGC NET examination. CSIR NET Educational Qualification:
M.Sc, BE/B.Tech, Integrated BSMS BS-4 Years, B.Pharma MBBS or an Equivalent Degree. For OBC and General candidates, 55 percent marks are needed, and for SC, ST, and PWD candidates, a minimum of 50 percent marks are needed. UGC NET exam is conducted for Adult Education, Continuing Education, Andragogy, Non-Formal Education, Forensic Science, Law, Mass Communication and Journalism, Philosophy, Sanskrit, Tourism, Administration, and Management. UGC NET Eligibility Criteria:
Master's Degree or equivalent with minimum 55 percent marks (50 percent for SC, ST, PwD, and Transgender applicants)
Age Limit: 31 years for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship). There is no age limit for Assistant Professorship. Number of attempts: the limit on attempts for JRF and Andhra Pradesh
Nationality: Indian
Subject Eligibility: Subject of your Post-Graduation.

Pranmoi Mazumdar

UGC NET will be more suitable for agriculture students rather then CSIR NET because the UGC NET is held for the students belonging to the agricultural field while the CSIR NET examination is conducted only for Science student.

I have done my graduation with 65 % marks. Can I apply for UGC NET in history while pursuing M.A. In history?

Durgesh .

Yes, you are eligible. But make sure you should have minimum 55% aggregate marks (for General category) or 50% aggregate marks (for OBC/SC/ST/PwD category). In UGC NET exam you can appear only on the basis of your post graduation courses. So, you can apply in History for UGC NET Exam.

V

How to convert percentile into percentage? What is the formula for that?

Pushyami Reddy

The formula is calculating the quotient between the number of values below your score and the number of all the values in your data set. Multiply the result by 100 to get a percentage.

I've done my M.A. In English Language Teaching. In which subject am I eligible to apply in UGC NET?

Rajat Pareek

A candidate can appear in NET Exam only in the subject they have done post graduation. In your case you are eligible for only NET in History. So, if you want to appear for NET exam then according to eligibility you need to start your preparation in History.

What is JRF after the UGC NET exam?

Deeksha Dixit

A junior research fellowship is referred to as a JRF. After qualifying for JRF through the UCG NET, you become entitled to a monthly research stipend of Rs. 31,000;To get this stipend, you will have to pass the JRF cutoff in the UCG NET exam. You can apply for this exam after completing your post...A junior research fellowship is referred to as a JRF. After qualifying for JRF through the UCG NET, you become entitled to a monthly research stipend of Rs. 31,000;
To get this stipend, you will have to pass the JRF cutoff in the UCG NET exam. You can apply for this exam after completing your postgraduate studies in any subject. With JRF, you can enroll for a Ph.D. at top universities such as BHU. This Ph.D. will help you become a professor. However, you can pursue a Ph.D. without a JRF, but this stipend will help you cover the research costs. Also, it acts as an added advantage to get into a prestigious university under a reputed guide.

Surbhi Sahu

JRF is the abbreviated form of Junior Research Fellowship. It is a 2 years research programme awarded to UGC NET JRF qualified candidates. It is a scholarship programme through which students can pursue Ph.D. in their respective subjects. Candidates with Bachelor's degree, whether Science, engine...JRF is the abbreviated form of Junior Research Fellowship. It is a 2 years research programme awarded to UGC NET JRF qualified candidates. It is a scholarship programme through which students can pursue Ph.D. in their respective subjects. Candidates with Bachelor's degree, whether Science, engineering or any other discipline, will be eligible for fellowship only after getting registered/enrolled for PhD/integrated Ph.D. programme within the validity period of two years. SRF stands for Senior Research Fellowship which is awarded after the promotion from JRF.

V

I have scored 63.766 marks in UGC NET 2022. What is my %age of marks out of 300?

Priyanka Kukreja

Your percentage is 21.25. according to your marks 63.766 marks out of 300.

s

I have 77.9 percentile in UGC NET exam. How many marks do I have?

Nagarjuna Y A

That's great congratulations for your result and all the best for your future. To be honest its not a bad performance its really good. There are people who got lower than you so go forward and achieve your dreams mate.

My daughter has scored 96/100 marks in law and 50/50 in general paper. Is she eligible for JRF?

Prajith pp

Yes, your daughter is eligible for JRF.