SBI Clerk eligibility 2023 includes SBI Clerk age limit, educational qualification, citizenship, and number of attempts. Candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria are only considered for the recruitment process. Read the complete details below on SBI Clerk eligibility criteria 2023.
SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2023
SBI Clerk Eligibility 2023: State Bank of India (SBI) releases SBI Clerk eligibility along with the notification. Every year the State Bank of India conducts SBI Clerk recruitment to select eligible candidates for Junior Associates (Customer Support and Sales) for the various branches of the bank. Candidates who fulfill the SBI Clerk eligibility criteria such as SBI Clerk age limit, nationality, number of attempts, educational qualification, and languages known are given an appointment to the post. Candidates going to apply for SBI Clerk 2023 exam, must go through the SBI Clerk eligibility 2023 provided on this page. Only the candidates fulfilling the SBI Clerk eligibility criteria will only be eligible to apply for SBI Clerk 2023.
What is the Eligibility for SBI Clerk 2023?
SBI Clerk is a graduation-level exam conducted to recruit Junior Associates. Candidates from any stream/discipline can apply for SBI Clerk 2023 exam. SBI Clerk 2023 age limit prescribed for the exam is 20 to 28 years. Candidates applying for the vacancies of a particular state should be proficient in reading, writing, speaking, and understanding the local language of the respective state.
SBI Clerk Eligibility 2023: Nationality
Candidates must be:
- Citizenship of India
- The subject of Nepal and Bhutan
- Tibetan refugees who have come to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in the country
- Persons of Indian origin who have migrated from countries like Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, and Kenya.
Note: Candidates other than permanent citizens of India must get an eligibility certificate approved by the Government of India in their favour.
SBI Clerk Age Limit 2023
The age of candidates for SBI Clerk 2023 must be between 20 and 28 years. SBI Clerk age limit is such that candidates must have born not earlier than August 2, 1994 and not later than August 1, 2002 (Both Days Inclusive). Candidates belonging to the reserved categories are given relaxation in the upper SBI Clerk age limit as per the government rules.
Relaxation Given to the Reserved Categories
|Category||Age relaxation (In years)|
Ex-Servicemen/ Disabled ExServicemen
The actual period of service rendered in defence services + 3 years, (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subjected to max age of 50 years.
Widows, Divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands & who are not remarried
7 (subjected to the maximum age limit of 35 years for General/ EWS, 38 years for OBC & 40 years for SC/ST candidates)
Note: Candidates seeking relaxation in age are required to submit copies of necessary certificates at the time of joining. Candidates cannot change their category after the final submission of the SBI Clerk application form.
Also Read: How Many Attempts in SBI Clerk?
SBI Clerk Qualification 2023
SBI Clerk qualification 2023 is given below:
- The SBI Clerk qualification is graduation
- Candidates having integrated dual degree (IDD) certificates can also apply for the SBI Clerk exam
- Those who are in the final year/ semester of their graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if provisionally selected, they will have to produce proof of having passed the Graduation
Important Points Related to SBI Clerk Educational Qualification
- The date of passing the eligibility examination is the date appearing on the mark sheet/certificate or provisional certificate issued by the University/Institute. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University/ Institute, a certificate issued by the appropriate authority of the University/Institute indicating the date on which the result was posted on the website will be taken as the date of passing
- Matriculate Ex-servicemen, who have obtained the Indian Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force, after having completed not less than 15 years of service in Armed Forces of the Union are also eligible for the post
SBI Clerk Eligibility 2023: Reservation for PWD/XS/DXS
The reservation provided to PWD/XS/DXS is given below:
- The reservation of the OBC category is only applicable to the 'Non-creamy layer'. Candidates belonging to 'Creamy Layer' cannot avail of the benefits. They need to mention the 'General' or General (LD/VI/HI/ d&e) category
- Candidates must provide the OBC certificate declaring the candidate to be of 'Non-creamy layer
- EWS category candidates may avail of the benefits after they produce the 'Income and Asset Certificate' issued by the Government of India
- Candidates who are currently associated with SBI or in the past are not eligible to appear in the exam
- If there is an adverse report or weak CIBIL or other agency, such candidates will be rejected
- PwD candidates need to produce the 'Disability Certificate' issued by Medical or any Component Authority in the district of residence
- During the appointment, disabled Ex-servicemen and their dependents have priority over dependents of defense personnel killed or highly disabled (50 per cent)
SBI Clerk Reservation 2023
The reservation provided to the different categories for SBI Clerk exam is given below.
|Category||Reservation (Approximate in Per Cent)|
DXS (Disabled Ex-Servicemen)
Who Cannot Apply for SBI Clerk 2023?
- Candidates having adverse reports regarding the character or other related issue
- Those who have worked with SBI in Clerical or other positions
- Candidates working with SBI in Clerical or other positions
- Candidates with adverse CIBIL scores are not eligible to apply
SBI Clerk Apply Online 2023
SBI Clerk application form 2023 will be released online. The application fee for the exam is INR 750 for General and OBC categories. SC/ ST/ PWD/ XS category candidates are exempted from fee payment. Candidates can follow the steps below to fill SBI Clerk application form:
- Visit the official website
- Select the apply online tab on the home page of SBI
- To register, select the tab ‘Click here for new registration'
- Enter the basic details to register
- Upon successful registration, the registration number and password will be generated
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature
- Select the SBI Clerk exam centre, educational qualification, work experience, etc
- Candidates should preview the application form before final submission
- Applicants should pay the examination fees
- Take printout of the application form and fee receipt
SBI Clerk Salary 2023
SBI Clerk salary is INR 19,900 (INR 17,900 with two advance increments). The payscale of Junior Associates is INR 17900-1000/3-20900-1230/3-24590-1490/4-30550-1730/7-42600-3270/1-45930-1990/1-47920. Besides, candidates are also entitled to various perks and allowances.
|SBI PO Eligibility Criteria||IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria||RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria|
|IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria||IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria||RBI Grade B Eligibility Criteria|
SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2023 FAQs
Q. What is the relaxation in the upper SBI Clerk age limit provided to OBC candidates?
A. The relaxation in the upper SBI Clerk age limit 2023 provided to the OBC candidates is three years.
Q: What is SBI Clerk Eligibility?
A: SBI Clerk eligibility is certain parameters in terms of age limit, educational qualification and nationality which candidates need to fulfill inorder to be eligible for the exam. SBI Clerk age limit is 20 to 28 years. Relaxation in the upper age limit is provided to candidates belonging to the reserved categories. The educational qualification prescribed for the exam is graduation. Candidates who are in their final year of graduation can apply for the exam provisionally. At the time of document verification, they need to submit the pass certificate of graduation or else their candidature will be cancelled. Candidates having integrated dual degree (IDD) certificates can also apply for the exam.
Q. What is the relaxation in the upper SBI Clerk 2023 age limit provided to SC/ST candidates?
A. The relaxation in the upper SBI Clerk age limit provided to SC/ST candidates is five years. This means candidates belonging to this category can apply for the exam till the age of 33 years.
Q. Can a final year degree candidate apply for SBI Clerk 2023 exam?
A. Yes, final year degree candidates can apply for SBI Clerk 2023 provisionally as per SBI Clerk qualification. Such candidates should note that if selected for the exam, should provide proof of having passed the Graduation.
Q. I am a second-year B Com student. Am I eligible to apply for SBI Clerk 2023 exam?
A. No, you are not eligible for SBI Clerk exam. Only graduate candidates are eligible to apply for the exam. Candidates who have passed graduation or are appearing in the same can apply for the exam.
Q. Can an engineering student apply for SBI Clerk exam?
A. Candidates from any stream can apply for SBI Clerk exam. Those having engineering degree can also apply for the exam. There are many candidates who appear for SBI Clerk after engineering.
Q. Can I apply for SBI Clerk after completing class 12?
A. No, you need to complete graduation to be eligible for SBI Clerk exam. You can start your preparation for SBI Clerk after Class 12, however, you can appear for the exam after graduation only.
Q. What if I have not taken my degree certificate from university at the time of the SBI clerk document verification? Will they give time for this?
A. If you can produce a marks list for all years/semesters which prove that you have successfully completed the degree, SBI may agree to consider the same in lieu of degree certificate. However, you need to obtain your degree certificate.
Q. I completed my 10th, 12th, and graduation with 62.3 per cent, 53 per cent, and 72 per cent, respectively. Am I eligible for SBI Clerk exam?
A. There is no minimum qualifying percentage in graduation to apply for SBI Clerk exam. Candidates with any percentage of marks can fill SBI Clerk application form. Candidates need to fulfill the SBI Clerk age limit which is between 20 and 28 years.
Q. Is there any number of attempts for SBI Clerk exam?
A. There is no limit on the number of attempts in the SBI Clerk. Candidates within the prescribed age limit can apply for the exam. To be eligible for SBI Clerk exam, candidates must be a graduate and should be aged between 20 and 28 years.
Q. How can I apply for SBI Clerk exam?
A. Candidates who are interested in joining the post of Junior Associate (Customer Support & Sales) in the State Bank of India are required to apply online. The application process comprises several steps such as registration, uploading of scanned photograph and signature, filling the detailed application form, previewing the application, uploading left thumb impression and handwritten declaration and fee payment. The application fee for the exam is INR 750 for General and OBC categories. SC/ ST/ PWD/ XS category candidates are exempted from fee payment.
Q: Is there any percentage criteria for SBI Clerk?
A: There are no definite percentage criteria defined by SBI to apply for SBI Clerk. Candidates within the prescribed SBI Clerk age limit can apply for the exam. Candidates must be well-versed in official and local languages.
Q: Can Final Year Students apply for SBI Clerk 2023?
A:Candidates who are in their final year/semester of graduation can apply provisionally as per SBI Clerk qualification. They need to produce proof of having passed the examination on or before the joining date.
Download this article as PDF to read offlineDownload as PDF
A mass communication and journalism post-graduate, Anangsha has worked as a reporter and sub-editor and enjoys working in the education domain.
News & Updates
Explore Other Exams
Answered 2 weeks ago
The training period for a newly-recruited Probationary Officer (PO) typically lasts for six months. This period includes a classroom-based training programme as well as on-the-job training. During this time, the PO learn about various aspects of banking, including banking laws and regulations, finan
Answered 4 weeks ago
The category-wise SBI Clerk cut off for General category in 2018 is given below.
|State Name||Cut off|
Answered 4 weeks ago
Candidates must keep in mind the following points while choosing the best books for SBI Clerk:
- While choosing the books, candidates must make sure that it covered the SBI Clerk syllabus
- Candidates must buy books from well-known publishers
- Look for books that explain topics in detail, offer examples, an
Answered 4 weeks ago
SBI Clerk exam is conducted in four shifts. The reporting time for shift 1 is 8 AM whereas it is 10.30 AM for Shift 2. SBI Clerk reporting time for Shift 3 is 1 pm whereas it is 3.30 for Shift 4. The shift-wise reporting timings are given below.
|SBI Clerk Prelims Shifts||SBI Clerk Reporting Time|
Answered a month ago
Knowing SBI Clerk vacancy trends help candidates to analyse the changes introduced in subsequent years. The highest number of vacancies was observed in 2016 and the lowest was witnessed in 2021.
|Year||SBI Clerk Vacancy|
|2021||More than 5000|
Answered a month ago
The process to upload the SBI Clerk handwritten declaration is given below:
- While filling SBI Clerk application form, candidates are provided the link to upload the handwritten declaration
- Click on the respective link ‘Upload SBI Clerk Handwritten Declaration’
- Browse and select the location where the s
Answered a month ago
To ace the English Language section, candidates should be thorough with grammar and vocabulary. The tips and tricks to crack SBI Clerk English section are given below:
- Candidates must read a wide variety of materials that help in improving vocabulary, grammar, comprehension skills, etc.
- Candidates m
Answered a month ago
The tips and tricks to solve Reasoning Ability questions in SBI Clerk exam are given below:
- Solve as many questions related to Puzzles and Seating Arrangement in Reasoning section
- Understand all the cases of Syllogism to solve questions easily
- Sentence Coding based questions will be asked in the exam
Answered a month ago
The following tips and tricks will help candidates to solve Numerical Ability questions easily:
- Number Series questions are asked in the exam and it follows a common pattern like the combination of arithmetic operations, squares, double steps, etc. based. So, identify the commonly used patterns and
Answered a month ago
SBI Clerk official notification 2023 PDF was released on November 16, 2023 by SBI. It comprises details such as important dates, eligibility, selection scheme, exam pattern, salary, probation period, etc. SBI Clerk is conducted once a year in computer-based online mode at the national level. Candida