Check out important SET 2022 exam day guidelines and important points to remember and follow on the exam day.
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) will be conducted in a computer-based test mode across 80 cities in India. SET 2022 will be conducted on July 3, 2022. SET 2022 is just a few days away and candidates must have already covered the major chunk of their SET preparations. Before students appear for the exam, it is really important for them to understand the rules and regulations for the exam day. With the number of coronavirus cases increasing, students need to be extra careful. In this article, we will share some important dos and don’ts that you must keep in your mind for SET 2022.
SET 2022: Exam Day Checklist
- SET Admit Card: The SET 2022 admit card is the most important document that must be carried to the exam centre. Candidates appearing for the Symbiosis Entrance Test must take a printout of the SET admit card at least a day before the exam date. Please Note: Candidates must carry a coloured copy of the SET admit card as black and white admit cards will not be accepted. The admit card must be printed on A4 size paper such that the candidates’ photos are clearly visible. SET admit cards will be available for download on the official SET website. The admit card is also an important document needed for the verification process. Candidates who are appearing for two sessions must carry two different admit cards with them to the exam centre.
- SET Exam Centre: Candidates are expected to reach the SET exam centre at least one hour before the commencement of the exam. Reaching prior to the exam time will help in completing the verification process quickly and easily. Candidates from another city must check the location of the exam centre a day before the exam. Candidates who are appearing for the morning session of SET 2022 must note that they will not be allowed to enter the exam hall after 11:15 AM.
- ID Proof: Candidates must carry a valid photo ID proof issued by the Government of India such as an Aadhaar card, PAN card, Voter Id, Passport and Driving license for the verification process. They must carry the original ID proof along with a photocopy. The scanned copy will not be accepted. The photo of the candidate on the ID proof should be clearly visible and should match the photo on the SET admit card.
- Stay Calm: The most important guideline for the SET exam day is staying calm and confident throughout. A calm mind will help you tackle the questions easily and score well in SET 2022. Read the instructions given on the SET question paper calmy and carefully before attempting the exam.
Dos and Don’ts on SET Exam Day
Take a look at the table below to know some of the dos and don’ts to be kept in mind on the SET exam day.
Carry a simple blue or black ballpoint pen
Do not carry any electronic gadgets such as mobile phones, calculators, cameras, etc.
Candidates will be given a rough sheet for calculations. They have to write their names and seat number on the sheet and after completing the exam, it has to be submitted to the invigilator
Any guardian, parent or relative accompanying the candidate will not be allowed inside the exam hall.
Candidates must make their own travel and stay arrangements for attending the tests
Candidates will not get any facility for safekeeping their personal belongings, bag, etc., inside or outside the hall.
Candidates must follow Covid-19 appropriate behaviour and social distancing at all times
Candidates must not carry any paper or cheating material with them to the exam hall.
Candidates should be wearing a mask and carry a hand sanitiser
Follow the above guidelines and avoid making minor mistakes on SET exam day. All the best!
SET 2022 Exam Day: Covid-19 and Social Distancing SOPs
Candidates must ensure to undertake the safety measures and conduct COVID-19 appropriate behaviour on the exam. Read below some of the important Covid-19 and social distancing SOPs released by the authorities:
- Candidates must report to the SET exam centre at the time mentioned on the SET admit card.
- They must stand in a queue on the floor marks outside the gate.
- They must wear a mask at all times and maintain a safe distance from other candidates.
- They must ensure staggered entry is followed.
- Candidates must keep the documents ready for verification.
- They must avoid overcrowding and maintain social distancing at times.
- Co-operate with the security guard and test centre staff for getting the body temperature by a thermo gun. Candidates having a temperature of more than 99.14 degrees Fahrenheit or showing 'Medium or High Risk' status will not be allowed to take the exam.
Guidelines to be Followed at the Baggage Area
Candidates must adhere to the following instructions at the Baggage area:
- Sanitize your hands after entering the exam centre
- A limited number of candidates will be allowed at the baggage area at a given point of time.
- Candidates can carry only a mask, gloves, ballpoint pen, hand sanitiser, transparent water bottle, hall ticket and ID proof inside the exam hall.
- Lab number will be informed by the volunteer at the time of verification.
After Exam Guidelines
- Candidates must drop the exception form, if any, in the drop box outside the lab
- Rough sheets must be dropped in a separate drop box outside the lab.
- Follow the instructions given by the volunteer along the exit path.
- Do not dispose used masks and gloves at the centre or outside the gate.
- Best books for SET exam
- How to prepare for SET in one month
- BBA colleges accepting SET exam scores
- Detailed examinee instructions for IBT mode examination
- FAQs regarding IBT mode SET exam 2022
FAQs Related to SET Exam Day Guidelines
A. SET exam will begin at 11:30 AM and candidates must reach at least an hour before the exam starts.
Q. Do I need to carry any documents to the exam centre?
Q. Can I use a calculator during the exam?
A. No, devices such as a calculator are prohibited during the exam. Candidates can not use any electronic device except the system they are using and the mobile with the registered mobile number for contacting the helpdesk.
Q. Why do I have to reach early to the exam centre?
A. Applicants must reach one hour before the exam starts for the verification process.
Q. Will the authorities arrange a stay for candidates coming from other states?
A. The exam will be conducted in the computer-based test mode. Candidates who are coming from other states must arrange their stay beforehand and make sure they have safe status on the Arogya setu app.
Q. Can I carry a pen and blank paper for calculations?
A. Candidates can only carry a black or blue ballpoint pen to the SET exam centre. Candidates will be provided a rough sheet by the invigilator.
Q. Will I be able to leave before time if I finish my exam?
A. No, candidates can only leave the exam hall after the exam is over for all candidates.
Q. Will I get extra time if I am 20 minutes late to reach the centre?
A. No, applicants will not be given extra time under any circumstances.
Q. Does the SET exam have sectional timings and weightage?
A. Candidates will be given 120 minutes to complete the MCQ section. 30 minutes will be assigned to the Written Ability Test.
Q. Is it mandatory to carry a printed copy of the SET admit card?
A. Yes, it is important to keep a coloured hard copy of the SET admit card 2022 soft copies will not be accepted.
Download this article as PDF to read offlineDownload as PDF
News & Updates
Explore Other Exams
6 Institutes accepting SET
Model Colony, Pune