Get free online CAT Mock Test created by Shiksha for practice and improve your CAT score. Also get direct link for official CAT mock test.
CAT Mock Test – Candidates preparing for CAT 2022, must practice CAT Mock Test series to score high percentile. The ideal time to start practicing mock tests for CAT exam is September onwards, after finishing the exam syllabus. However, candidates can take a couple of CAT mock tests even before to know their control over the three sections of the paper – VARC, DILR and Quantitative Aptitude. Aspirants can start practicing CAT mock tests in the last leg of exam preparation after completing the CAT syllabus.
The official CAT mock test 2022 will be released in October after the release of CAT admit card. Candidates will be able to take the official CAT mock test 2022 by logging on to the official website iimcat.ac.in. Previous year's official CAT mock test link can be accessed below in this article.
The online CAT mock tests help candidates in getting used to the actual exam atmosphere as they are designed exactly like an actual CAT question paper, including login, section-wise MCQs, on-screen calculator, timer, etc. The mock tests also help the candidates in improving speed and accuracy in solving the questions which is key to scoring well in CAT exam. An important benefit of CAT mock tests is that, it prepares the candidate for sitting through a two-hour long online test keeping mental and physical stamina high until the end.
Why Practice Mock Test for CAT?
Taking the free CAT mock test online is important for test-takers as the same is designed to help candidates get a feel of the actual CAT question paper. Also, the mock test helps candidates in identifying their weaknesses and analysing their performance. When it is less than three months for CAT 2022 exam, the candidates must speed up the exam preparation and start practicing CAT mock tests rigorously. IIMCAT will release the official CAT 2022 mock test along with a tutorial guide on the official website.
Online CAT Mock Test: Benefits
Solving online mock tests for CAT preparation has many benefits. Some of them are listed below:
- It helps the candidate in understanding the online process of CAT exam
- Since it is a dummy of the actual CAT exam, candidates get to familiarise themselves with each step they need to know in order to proceed correctly during the exam
- CAT mock tests provides a fair understanding of question paper pattern and marking scheme
- CAT online mock test helps in improving speed and accuracy of solving questions calculation-based questions or questions which require reading long passages
- Practicing mock tests helps in discovering tricks and shortcuts of solving CAT question paper in least time required
- The more mock tests one will practices, the better they will get at solving all varieties of questions – tough, easy, lengthy or tricky
Once the CAT admit card is issued and you know your exam slot, start practicing mocks during the same exam timing as that of actual test. This will enable you to retain energy while taking the CAT 2021 test as you will be used to it.
- CAT 2021 Question Paper: Download Free PDF
- CAT 2020 Question Paper: Download Free PDF
- CAT 2019 Question Paper: Download Free PDF
- CAT 2018 Question Paper: Download Free PDF
- CAT 2017 Question Paper: Download Free PDF
CAT Mock Test Structure
The official CAT mock test is same as the actual test. The mock test is divided into three sections and there's a time-limit for each section. Check below, the structure of CAT mock test:
CAT Mock Test Features
Number of sections
Name of the sections
Sectional time limit
40 minutes for each section
Question wise answer status
Official Mock Test for CAT
The official CAT mock test is available on the official website. Candidates can log on to the official website and access the mock test, by using their login credentials. Given below are the CAT 2021 mock test links and a the walk-through for reference.
CAT 2021 Mock Test Link:
CAT 2021 Mock Test Link - For PwD Candidates (Blindness and Low Vision)
CAT 2021 Mock Test Link - For Other PwD Candidates
CAT Mock Test: A Walk Through
Candidates can login in to their CAT exam account on iimcat.ac.in website by using their registration number and password. A dummy registration number and dummy password has already been embedded. Candidates can proceed directly by clicking on ‘Sign In’.
Once the candidate logs in, he/she needs to read the general instructions provided and click on 'Next'.
On clicking 'Next', ‘Other important instructions’ will appear on the screen. Towards the end of the page, there will be a disclaimer – 'I agree to the terms and conditions'.
Next, click on ‘I am ready to begin’ to start the CAT mock test.
The online mock test has three sections in the sequence same as the actual CAT exam. Each section has MCQs and Non-MCQs. The sectional time-limit is 40 minutes as per latest CAT exam pattern.
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
Other Features of Online CAT Mock Test
Calculator: For the convenience of test-takers, an on-screen calculator is provided on the top, right-hand corner of the screen.
Timer: Time management is extremely crucial while attempting CAT exam, thus a timer is given on the screen for candidates to time themselves well.
The question palette provided on the right-hand side of the screen of CAT mock test indicates the statuses of each question which are:
- Grey indicates that the question has not been visited yet
- Orange stands for question has been visited, but not answered
- Green indicates that question has been answered and will be considered for evaluation
- Purple states that question has been marked for review and has not been answered while purple button with an icon indicates that the question has been answered and marked for review and will be considered for evaluation
How to Answer a Question in Official CAT Mock Test Online?
To answer a question in the official mock test, the candidate is required to click on the question number in the question palette. To answer the MCQ type question, they have to click on the correct answer bubble.
To submit the answer, they have to click on ‘Save & Next’. To save the answer for the current question and also to mark it for review, they need to click on ‘Mark for Review & Next’. If any candidate doesn't choose any of these options, the answer for the current question will not be saved.
How to Change Your Response on CAT Mock Test?
In case a candidate needs to change the response of the question, he/she needs to de-select the already chosen answer and click on ‘Clear Response’ button on the palette. Select another answer bubble and make sure you save the changed answer by clicking on Save & Next’ or ‘Mark for Review & Next’ button.
How to Navigate Between Sections?
The CAT mock test has been designed according to the actual exam paper. It has three sections and the order of the sections are:
1. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
2. Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
3. Quantitative Ability
Candidates must note that there is a sectional time limit and they cannot switch between sections. Candidates can move from one section of CAT exam to other only after completion of 40 minutes.
CAT Mock Test: Advantage for PwD Candidates
A separate mock test is released for PwD candidates every year. The duration of such an online CAT mock test is four hours; one hour more than time allotted to non PwD/DA candidates.
|Free DILR Questions with Answers for Practice||Free Quantitative Aptitude Questions with Answers for Practice||Free VARC Questions with Answers for Practice|
Shiksha has prepared free CAT Mock Tests for practice, which aspirants can avail below. Read the steps given below to use Shiksha mock test:
- Click on “Free CAT Mock Test”
- Register on Shiksha with name, email ID and other details
- After registration, the user will be redirected to online test URL
- The user will have to solve all the questions within the time limit
- An onscreen clock will be on display for candidates to keep a check on time
- A user is allowed a maximum of three attempts
- After the test is over, the user can check the score and download the question paper with answers
- CAT Score vs Percentile? How to calculate?
- Understanding CAT Normalization Process
- Preparing for CAT Amid COVID-19
- CAT Preparation: Tips, Tricks and Strategy
- CAT Questions Papers: 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017
- Changes in CAT Exam: Pattern, Duration, Slots, Test Cities
- How Scaled CAT Score will be Calculated for Three Slots?
- COVID-19 related guidelines for CAT candidates
FAQs on CAT Mock Test
Q: What are the benefits of practicing CAT mock tests?
Q: Does IIM release CAT mock test?
Q: Are CAT mock tests identical to the actual exam?
Q: How many CAT mock tests should I practice to ace the exam?
Q: When should I start solving official CAT mock test?
Q: Should I solve more than one CAT mock test per day?
Q: Should I practice the sectional mock tests for CAT?
Q: Can I access the mock test available at the CAT website without registration?
Q: Is there any sectional time limit in the CAT mock test?
Q: Are paid CAT mock tests provided by several coaching institutes reliable?
Q: How can CAT mock tests help in improving the overall preparation?
News & Updates
Explore Other Exams
Is WILP B.Tech from BITS eligible for competitive exams like GATE / CAT?
3 days ago
Yes, WILP B.Tech from BITS is eligible for competitive exams like GATE / CAT.
I am going to give CAT on Nov 22, what should be the target and extra skill requirements in order to get admission to SPJIMR.
a week ago
Rhe cutoff fir MBA at DP Jain us around 85 percentile in CAT. You can keep a target of 90 percentile in CAT. Start focusing on your strength and keep working on your weak areas. Also, keep updated with the General affairs and after you're done with your CAT exams then do practice for GD and PI. S...Rhe cutoff fir MBA at DP Jain us around 85 percentile in CAT. You can keep a target of 90 percentile in CAT. Start focusing on your strength and keep working on your weak areas. Also, keep updated with the General affairs and after you're done with your CAT exams then do practice for GD and PI. Skills Required- Decent communication skills, Charming personality.
Can I get admission in top MBA colleges without appearing for CAT exam?
If you want good MBA colleges and that too without giving CAT. I think it's quite impossible because good MBA colleges accepts the CAT percentile and above that if you don't wanna appear for CAT and go to good B-Schools than you can appear for NMAT XAT SAT etc. These are the exams that some speci...If you want good MBA colleges and that too without giving CAT. I think it's quite impossible because good MBA colleges accepts the CAT percentile and above that if you don't wanna appear for CAT and go to good B-Schools than you can appear for NMAT XAT SAT etc. These are the exams that some specific colleges take for themselves.
What score do I need in CAT to get admission in Shoolini University for MBA?
I have 81.42 percentile in CAT. Can I get admission in IIM Sambalpur?
I have got 380 marks and 44K rank in general CAT, can I get MS surgery in a private college under 25 Lacs?
You can consider following:
How much CAT score is required for NIT Calicut National Institute of Technology?
Kindly visit the link given below to know the cutoff-