GATE Exam Pattern 2024: Check Paper wise Marking Scheme

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2024 ( GATE )

102.4K Views3K Comments

Result: 23 Mar '24 - 31 May '24

Updated on Apr 19, 2024 17:03 IST

GATE 2024 exam pattern has been released by IISc Bangalore. Candidates can check here the basic structure of the question paper, number of questions, total marks, duration, etc from the GATE exam pattern 2024.

GATE 2024 exam had a total of 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks were of General Aptitude (GA). In the papers bearing the codes AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI, TF and XE, the General Aptitude and Engineering Mathematics will carry around 28% of the total marks and the remaining 72% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper. In the papers bearing the codes AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, XH and XL, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.

Since a candidate is allowed to appear in two papers (only approved set) of the 30 papers for which the GATE 2024 will be conducted, they have to carefully make a choice of the papers they wish to write. A candidate is expected to appear in the papers appropriate to the discipline of his/her qualifying degree. However, he/she is free to choose any paper according to his/her admission plan, keeping in mind the GATE eligibility criteria of the institutions in which he/she wishes to seek admission. For more details regarding the admission criteria in any particular institute, the candidate is advised to refer to the websites of that institute.

Q:   Has the GATE pattern changed from previous years?

A:
GATE is conducted every year by one of the IITs. In 2024, GATE will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore. It will be conducted in various cities across the country. It is expected that the official notification for GATE 2024 will be released in July 2023 by IISc Bangalore. The GATE 2024 exam pattern will be released soon. In 2023, the exam pattern for GATE was released by IIT Kanpur for 29 disciplines. There were no major changes in the exam pattern from last year. It is expected that in 2024, too, there will be no change in the GATE exam pattern. It describes the basic structure of the question paper and contains details including the number of questions, marks, duration, etc. The question paper will comprise Multiple-choice (MCQ), Multiple Select (MSQ), and Numerical Answer Type NAT questions. Negative marking is there for multiple-choice questions, but for numerical answers, there will be no negative marking. For more details, candidates can read: https://www.shiksha.com/engineering/gate-exam-pattern.
 

Q:   Is the use of a physical calculator allowed during the GATE 2024 examination?

A:
No, a physical calculator is not allowed during the GATE examination. Candidates will be provided with a virtual scientific calculator during the online GATE 2024 examination. It can be used to answer the questions. Also, mobile phones, physical calculators, wristwatches, or any other electronic items are not permitted inside the examination hall. Therefore, it is important for a candidate to know how to use the GATE virtual calculator provided in the GATE exam. Candidates should practice well before the exam to minimise calculation errors and reach the results quickly. About GATE Calculator It is a specially designed virtual calculator that is provided during the GATE examination to help candidates with their complex calculations. As we know, the GATE exam contains complex calculations and lengthy decimals up to three points and numerical values, which becomes a bit problematic for students to calculate on time because there is limited time available for students in the GATE exam. Tips and Tricks of using the GATE Calculator - Candidates should be aware of the components and operations of the virtual calculator. - Use brackets as much as possible. - Check already-placed operands to save time. - At the start of a new calculation, always press (C). - Answers should not be in fractions. Therefore, students are advised to get the correct answers up to the required decimal places.
 

Q:   How many total numbers of questions will be asked in GATE 2024 exam?

A:
Exam pattern plays an important role in any competitive examination's preparation. Before starting the preparation, the syllabus and exam pattern should be properly understood by the candidate. The GATE 2024 exam will have a total of 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks will be of General Aptitude (GA). The exam pattern has details of the number of questions, marks, duration, etc. There is a negative marking for multiple-choice questions, but questions with numerical answers do not have a negative marking. Details of the GATE exam pattern are provided below: Sections: General Aptitude and Core Subjects Total Questions: General Aptitude (10 Q) Total Questions: Core Subjects (55 Q) Total Questions: 65 Q Total Marks: 100 Duration: 3 Hours Read more in detail about GATE 2024 Exam Pattern: https://www.shiksha.com/engineering/gate-exam-pattern.
 

GATE 2024 Exam Pattern Highlights

Check the key points related to the GATE 2024 exam pattern in the table below:

Particulars

Details

Examination Mode

Computer Based Test (CBT)

Duration

3 hours (180 minutes)

Number of Subjects (Papers)

30

Sections

  • General Aptitude (GA)
  • Candidate’s Selected Subject

Type of Questions

  • Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
  • Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) and/or
  • Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions

Questions for testing these abilities

  • Recall
  • Comprehension
  • Application
  • Analysis & Synthesis

Number of Questions

10 (GA) + 55 (subject) = 65 Questions

Distribution of Marks in all Papers except papers AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, XH and XL

  • General Aptitude: 15 Marks
  • Engineering Mathematics: 13 Marks
  • Subject Questions: 72 Marks
  • Total: 100 Marks

Distribution of Marks in papers AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, XH and XL

  • General Aptitude: 15 Marks
  • Subject Questions: 85 Marks
  • Total: 100 Marks

Marking Scheme

Questions carry 1 mark and 2 marks

Negative Marking

For a wrong answer chosen in an MCQ, there will be negative marking. For 1-mark MCQ, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise, for 2-mark MCQ, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer

According to GATE pattern 2024, there would be different types of questions in all the papers:
(i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer(s).
(ii) Numerical Answer Questions of 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. For these questions the answer is a real number, to be entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of questions.

Q:   Is it necessary for a candidate to attempt all questions in GATE?

A:

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is a national-level examination conducted for Master of Engineering (ME), Masters in Technology (M.Tech), and direct Ph.D. admissions to Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), and other institutes/universities across India. The GATE paper consists of a total of 65 questions. Check below for the GATE exam pattern. - The GATE Questions paper consists of two sections, namely General Aptitude (GA) (15 marks) and the subject-specific GATE paper (85 marks). - The General Aptitude (GA) section consists of 10 questions. 1 to 5 questions are worth 1 mark each, and the rest, 6 to 10, are worth 2 marks each. - The GATE paper subject-specific section consists of 55 questions, of which 1 to 25 are of 1 mark each and questions from 26 to 55 are of 2 marks each. - Here to be noted that, questions that are not attempted will result in zero marks. Therefore, wrong answers to multiple-choice questions (MCQs) will result in negative marking. For questions of the numerical answer type, there is no negative marking. Also, for MCQ questions, a wrong answer will result in a deduction of 1/3 mark for a 1-mark question and 2/3 mark for a 2-mark question. Read more in detail: https://www.shiksha.com/engineering/gate-exam-pattern.

 

Q:   What is the structure and pattern of GATE exam?

A:
Hello Mohsin, In all GATE papers, there are total 65 questions carrying 100 marks. The duration of GATE exam is 3 hours. The question paper consist of both multiple choice questions (MCQ) and numerical answer type questions. The GATE examination for all the papers is conducted as a Computer Based Test (CBT), where questions are displayed in a random sequence on a computer screen. You are required to either select the answer (for MCQ type) or enter the answer for numerical answer type question using a mouse on a virtual keyboard. You will be provided with blank paper sheets for rough work. Type of Questions in GATE: 1. Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carry 1 or 2 marks each; Each of the multiple choice objective questions in all papers and sections contain four answer choices, out of which you have to select correct answer or answers. 2. Numerical Answer Questions carry 1 or 2 marks each; the answer is a real number, which you have to enter using the mouse and a virtual on-screen keypad.
 

Q:   Which section is allotted the highest marks in GATE 2024?

A:
GATE examination is conducted across India. It tests the comprehensive understanding of several undergraduate subjects in engineering and Science for admission into the Masters programme and a job in Public Sector Companies. It is important to note that with 70% of the total marks, the technical section holds the highest number of marks in any subjects question paper. Scroll down to know the weightage of the General Aptitude (GA) and Engineering Mathematics in GATE 2024. In GATE 2024, GA and Engineering Mathematics will be compulsory sections, which consist of 15% weightage each in total marks in GATE papers with codes AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS EC, EE, IN ME, MN, MT, PE, PI TF, and XE. The remaining 70% weightage will be provided to the subject selected by the candidate. In GATE 2024 question papers AR, CY, EY, GG, M.A. PH, ST, and XL, a compulsory section of General Aptitude will be there for 15% of the total marks. The remaining 85% weightage will be provided to the selected subject. Read More in detail: https://www.shiksha.com/engineering/gate-exam-pattern.
 

GATE 2024 Marking Scheme

Check the paper-wise marking scheme from the table below:

Paper Code

General Aptitude (GA) Marks

Subject Marks

Total Marks

Total Time

(Minutes)

AE, AG, BM, BT, CE, CH, CS, CY, EC, EE,

ES, EY, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, NM, PE, PH,

PI, TF, ST

15

85

100

180

AR [Part A + Part B1 or B2

(B1: Architecture or B2: Planning)]

15

60 + 25

100

180

GE [Part A + Part B (Section I or Section II)

15

55 + 30

100

180

GG [Part A + Part B (Section 1: Geology or

Section 2: Geophysics)]

15

25 + 60

100

180

XE (Section A + Any TWO Sections)

15

15 + (2 x 35)

100

180

XH (Section B1 + Any ONE Section)

15

25 + 60

100

180

XL (Section P + Any TWO Sections)

15

25 + (2 x 30)

100

180

Q:   Please provide the details of the questions that are allotted 2 marks each in the GATE Exam.

A:
The authorities will release the GATE 2024 exam pattern along with the GATE 2024 official brochure online. Candidates will be able to check the GATE exam pattern on the official website. The GATE 2024 exam will last 3 hours. The question paper contains 65 questions. In the General Aptitude section, questions from 6 to 10 are worth 2 marks each. Also, in the GATE subject-specific section, questions from 26 to 55 are worth 2 marks each. In the papers bearing the codes AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI TF and XE, the General Aptitude and Engineering Mathematics will carry around 28% of the total marks and the remaining 72% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper. In the papers bearing the codes AR, CY, EY, GG, M.A. PH, XH and XL, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper. Since a candidate is allowed to appear in two papers (only approved set) of the 29 papers for which the GATE 2024 will be conducted, they have to carefully make a choice of the papers they wish to write. Check below the different types of questions pattern asked in all the GATE papers. (I) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer (s). (ii) Numerical Answer Questions of 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. For these questions the answer is a real number, to be entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of questions. Read More about GATE 2024 Exam Pattern: https://www.shiksha.com/engineering/gate-exam-pattern.
 

Q:   Which section is allotted the highest marks in GATE 2024?

A:
GATE examination is conducted across India. It tests the comprehensive understanding of several undergraduate subjects in engineering and Science for admission into the Masters programme and a job in Public Sector Companies. It is important to note that with 70% of the total marks, the technical section holds the highest number of marks in any subjects question paper. Scroll down to know the weightage of the General Aptitude (GA) and Engineering Mathematics in GATE 2024. In GATE 2024, GA and Engineering Mathematics will be compulsory sections, which consist of 15% weightage each in total marks in GATE papers with codes AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS EC, EE, IN ME, MN, MT, PE, PI TF, and XE. The remaining 70% weightage will be provided to the subject selected by the candidate. In GATE 2024 question papers AR, CY, EY, GG, M.A. PH, ST, and XL, a compulsory section of General Aptitude will be there for 15% of the total marks. The remaining 85% weightage will be provided to the selected subject. Read More in detail: https://www.shiksha.com/engineering/gate-exam-pattern.
 

Q:   Are questions based on Engineering Mathematics asked in every GATE paper?

A:
No, questions based on Engineering Mathematics are not asked in every GATE paper. Question papers with codes AR, CY, EY, GG, M.A. PH, and XL do not consist of Engineering Mathematics questions. Engineering Mathematics and General Aptitude are the compulsory sections, which include 15% weightage each in total marks in GATE papers with codes AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS EC, EE, IN ME, MN, MT, PE, PI TF, and XE. Have a look at the highlights of the GATE Exam Pattern 2024. The GATE Exam 2024 will be conducted in a Computer Based Test Mode. The duration of the GATE 2024 exam will be three hours. The GATE 2024 exam will consist of 65 questions. The total marks for the GATE exam are 100. Questions asked in the GATE exam will be related to the GATE exam syllabus. As per the GATE 2-24 exam pattern, two types of questions, namely Multiple Choice Questions and Numerical Answer Type Questions will be asked. In MCQs, candidates need to select one answer from the four options given. In NAT questions, candidates have to enter the correct answer via the virtual keyboard. For the rough work, candidates will be provided with a scribble pad. Read More: https://www.shiksha.com/engineering/gate-exam-pattern.
 

Paper-wise GATE Marking Scheme

  • For 1-mark multiple-choice questions, 1/3 marks will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise, for 2-marks multiple-choice questions, 2/3 marks will be deducted for a wrong answer. There is no negative marking for numerical answer type questions.

General Aptitude (GA) 

  • In all papers, GA questions carry a total of 15 marks. The GA section includes 5 questions carrying 1 mark each (sub-total 5 marks) and 5 questions carrying 2 marks each (sub-total 10 marks).

GATE exam pattern paper for the section of respective subjects (excluding GG, XE, and XL)

  • These papers will contain 25 questions carrying 1 mark each (sub-total 25 marks) and 30 questions carrying 2 marks each (sub-total 60 marks). The question paper will consist of questions of multiple choice and numerical answer type.
  • For numerical answer questions, choices will not be given. Candidates have to enter the answer (which will be a real number, signed or unsigned, e.g. 25.06, -25.06, 25, -25 etc.) using a virtual keypad. An appropriate range will be considered while evaluating the numerical answer type questions so that the candidate is not penalized due to the usual round-off errors.

GATE 2024 Pattern for GG (Geology and Geophysics) 

  • Apart from the General Aptitude (GA) section (compulsory), the GG question paper consists of two parts: Part A and Part B. Part A is compulsory for all the candidates.
  • Part B contains two sections: Section 1 (Geology) and Section 2 (Geophysics)
  • Candidates have to attempt questions in Part A and questions in either Section 1 or Section 2 of Part B.
  • Part A consists of 25 questions carrying 1-mark each (sub-total 25 marks and some of these may be numerical answer type questions).
  • Either section of Part B (Section 1 and Section 2) consists of 30 questions carrying 2-marks each (sub-total 60 marks and some of these may be numerical answer type questions).

GATE 2024 Pattern for XE Paper (Engineering Sciences)

  • GA – General Aptitude Section (Compulsory) carrying a total of 15 marks
  • Section A – Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory): This section contains 11 questions carrying a total of 15 marks. 7 questions carrying 1-mark each (sub-total 7 marks), and 4 questions carrying 2-marks each (sub-total 8 marks). Some questions may be of numerical answer type.
  • Any two of B to H Sections in XE Paper: The choice of two sections from B to H can be made during the examination after viewing the questions.
  • Only TWO optional sections can be answered at a time. A candidate wishing to change midway of the examination to another optional section must first choose to deselect one of the previously chosen optional sections (B to H).
  • Each of the optional sections of the XE paper (Sections B through H) contains 22 questions carrying a total of 35 marks: 9 questions carrying 1-mark each (subtotal 9 marks) and 13 questions carrying 2-marks each (sub-total 26 marks). Some questions may be of numerical answer type.

GATE 2024 Pattern for XL Paper (Life Sciences)

  • GA – General Aptitude Section (Compulsory) carrying a total of 15 marks
  • Section P– Chemistry (Compulsory): This section contains 15 questions carrying a total of 25 marks: 5 questions carrying 1-mark each (sub-total 5 marks) and 10 questions carrying 2-marks each (sub-total 20 marks). Some questions may be of numerical answer type
  • Any two of XL Sections Q to U: The choice of two sections from Q to U can be made during the examination after viewing the questions
  • Only TWO optional sections can be answered at a time. A candidate wishing to change midway of the examination to another optional section must first choose to deselect one of the previously chosen optional sections (Q to U)
  • Each of the optional sections of the XL paper (Sections Q through U) contains 20 questions carrying a total of 30 marks: 10 questions carrying 1-mark each (sub-total 10 marks) and 10 questions carrying 2-marks each (sub-total 20 marks). Some questions may be of numerical answer type

Note on Negative Marking for Wrong Answers

For a wrong answer chosen for the multiple-choice questions, there would be negative marking. For 1-mark multiple-choice questions, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise, for 2-mark multiple-choice questions, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. However, there is no negative marking for a wrong answer in numerical answer type questions.

Important FAQs regarding GATE 2024 Exam Pattern

Check Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to GATE 2024 exam pattern.

Q:   What is the paper-wise GATE Marking scheme?

A:
Check the paper-wise marking scheme for GATE 2024 below: For paper code: AE, AG, BM, BT, CE, CH, CS CY, EC, EE, ES, EY, IN, M.A. ME, MN, MT, NM, PE, PH, PI TF, ST General Aptitude (GA) Marks: 15 Subject Marks: 85 Total Marks: 100 Total Time (minutes): 180 For Paper Code: AR [Part A + Part B1 or B2 (B1: Architecture or B2: Planning)] General Aptitude (GA) Marks: 15 Subject Marks: 60+25 Total Marks: 100 Total Time (Minutes): 180 For Paper Code: GE [Part A + Part B (Section I or Section II) General Aptitude (GA) Marks: 15 Subject marks: 55+30 Total Marks: 100 Total Time (Minutes): 180 For Paper Code: GG [Part A + Part B (Section 1: Geology or Section 2: Geophysics)] General Aptitude (GA) Marks: 15 Subject marks: 25+60 Total Marks: 100 Total Time (Minutes): 180 For Paper Code: XE (Section A + Any TWO Sections) General Aptitude (GA) Marks: 15 Subject marks: 15 + (2 x 35) Total Marks: 100 Total Time (Minutes): 180 For Paper Code: XH (Section B1 + Any ONE Section) General Aptitude (GA) Marks: 15 Subject marks: 25 + 60 Total Marks: 100 Total Time (Minutes): 180 For Paper Code: XL (Section P + Any TWO Sections) General Aptitude (GA) Marks: 15 Subject marks: 25 + (2 x 30) Total Marks: 100 Total Time (Minutes): 180 Read More; https://www.shiksha.com/engineering/gate-exam-pattern.
 

Q:   What is the GATE 2024 pattern for XE Paper (Engineering Sciences)?

A:
The GATE 2024 pattern for the Engineering Sciences XE Paper is as follows: General Aptitude (GA): compulsory, carrying a total of 15 marks. Section A is Engineering mathematics (compulsory): This section contains 11 questions carrying a total of 15 marks. 7 questions carrying 1 mark each (sub-total 7 marks), and 4 questions carrying 2-marks each (sub-total 8 marks). Some questions may have a numerical answer type. Any two of the B to H sections in the XE paper: The choice of two sections from B to H can be made during the examination after viewing the questions. Only two optional sections can be answered at a time. A candidate wishing to change midway through the examination to another optional section must first choose to deselect one of the previously chosen optional sections (B to H). Each of the optional sections of the XE paper (Sections B through H) contains 22 questions carrying a total of 35 marks: 9 questions carrying 1-mark each (subtotal 9 marks) and 13 questions carrying 2 marks each (subtotal 26 marks). Some questions may have a numerical answer type. Read for more information: https://www.shiksha.com/engineering/gate-exam-pattern.
 

Q:   What is the exam pattern for GATE Life Science XL?

A:
The exam pattern for the GATE Life Science (XL) paper is as follows: The total number of questions will be 65. These questions will be divided in three sections: (a) Compulsory Sections: 1. General Aptitude Section (GA): This section will carry 10 questions for a total of 15 marks. 5 will carry one mark, and 5 will carry two marks. 2. Section P Chemistry This section contains a total of 15 questions carrying a total of 25 marks: 5 questions will carry 1 mark each, and 10 questions will carry 2 marks each. Also, some questions may be numerical. (b) Selective Section: You will have a choice of two sections from Q to U. In this section, only two optional sections can be answered at a time. Each of the optional sections contains a total of 30 marks. Of these 10 questions carry one mark each and other 10 questions carry two marks each. Here, too, some questions can be numerical. There would also be negative marking for incorrect answers. For instance, for a one-mark MCQ, 1/3 of a mark will be deducted for a wrong answer, and for a two-mark MCQ, 2/3 of a mark will be deducted. However, there is no negative marking for a wrong answer in numerical answer type questions. For more information read: https://www.shiksha.com/engineering/gate-exam-pattern
 

Q:   What is the GATE 2024 pattern for GG (Geology and Geophysics)?

A:
The Geology and Geophysics GATE 2024 exam pattern is as follows: GA questions carry a total of 15 marks. The GA section includes 5 questions of 1 mark each (sub-total 5 marks) and 5 question of 2 marks each (sub-total 10 marks). Apart from GA section which is compulsory, the GG question paper consists of two parts namely Part A and Part B. Part A is compulsory for all the candidates. Part B contains two sections: Section 1 (Geology) and Section 2 (Geophysics). Candidates have to attempt questions in Part A and questions in either Section 1 or Section 2 of Part B. Part A consists of 25 questions carrying 1-mark each (sub-total 25 marks and some of these may be numerical answer type questions). Either section of Part B (Section 1 and Section 2) consists of 30 questions carrying 2-marks each (sub-total 60 marks and some of these may be numerical answer type questions). Read More: https://www.shiksha.com/engineering/gate-exam-pattern.
 

News & Updates

Latest NewsPopular News

Get prep tips, practice papers, exam details and important updates

Download Important Dates for Engineering Exams

Explore top M.E./M.Tech exams

13 Jul '24

CUET PG 2024 Result

12 Apr '24

CUET PG 2024 Final Answer Key

21 Apr '24 -

28 Apr '24

AP PGECET 2024 Last date for r...

29 Apr '24 -

5 May '24

AP PGECET 2024 Last date for r...

Apr '24

IIITH PGEE 2024 Availability o...

4 May '24

IIITH PGEE 2024 Exam date

20 Apr '24

GAT-B exam date 2024

17 Apr '24

GAT-B admit card release date ...

3 Apr '24 -

3 May '24

Download TANCET Scorecard

May '24

TANCET Counselling 2024

22 Apr '24 -

23 Apr '24

BITS HD 2024 application form ...

27 Apr '24

BITS HD 2024 test centre allot...

Apr '24

JMI Entrance Exam 2024 Admit C...

25 Apr '24

JMI Entrance Exam 2024

16 Mar '24 -

10 May '24

TS PGECET 2024 Application For...

14 May '24

TS PGECET 2024 Application For...

Jul '24

CEETA PG 2024 Choice Filling ...

Jul '24

CEETA PG 2024 Confirmation of...

18 Mar '24 -

5 May '24

IMU CET 2024 Registration wind...

Jun '24

IMU CET 2024 Admit card releas...

17 Feb '24

Reporting at allotted college ...

14 Feb '24 -

16 Feb '24

Payment of fees and download o...

22 Jan '24 -

28 Apr '24

VITMEE 2024 application form

5 May '24

VITMEE exam date 2024

May '24

WBUT PGET 2024 Application for...

Jun '24

WBUT PGET 2024 Admit card avai...

30 Apr '24

OJEE 2024: Admit Card Release

6 May '24 -

10 May '24

OJEE 2024

27 Mar '24 -

22 Apr '24

MET 2024 application form - Se...

4 May '24 -

7 May '24

MET 2024 Slot Booking - Second...

Apr '24

ISI Admssion Test 2024 Admit C...

May '24

ISI Admssion Test 2024 Exam Da...

15 Apr '24 -

24 May '24

PU-CET (P.G.) application proc...

28 May '24

PU-CET (P.G.) 2024 last date o...

22 Apr '24

SRMJEEE PG Application Form 20...

27 Apr '24

SRMJEEE PG exam date 2024 Phas...

Apr '24

SHIATS Entrance Exam Applicati...

Jun '24

SHIATS Entrance Exam 2024 Admi...

23 Apr '24

MCAER PG CET 2024 Display of e...

20 May '24 -

2 Jun '24

MCAER PG CET 2024 Admit card

The list of exams are recommended based on what other exams do the students in your area show interest in
qna

GATE Exam

Student Forum

chatAnything you would want to ask experts?
Write here...

Answered 16 hours ago

The college accepts applications for six seats in computer Science for the Mtech program, but it has not released any information regarding Mtech course cut off .

R

Rishabh Ranjan

Beginner-Level 4

Answered 17 hours ago

To be eligible for M.Tech admission at VESIT College, students should have an undergraduate degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate, alongside they must also have either a GATE score or a MHT CET (M.Tech) score. and yes admission without GATE is possible, but a MHT CET M.Tech score is mandatory. The

...more

r

rishi

Beginner-Level 5

Answered Yesterday

If you want to get into haridwar university, the top university situated in roorkee, uttaarakhand then your rank needs to be lies between 40000 - 70000 for JEE and for GATE you'll need the rank of around 150000-30000 to get into the best courses at there. This cutt-off is usually for the B.Tech cour

...more

V

Vaibhav Nalawade

Beginner-Level 3

Answered 2 days ago

As of my last update in January 2022, I don't have specific information on the GATE cutoff for K. Wagh Institute of Engineering Education and Research for the year 2024. Cutoff scores can vary from year to year based on factors such as the number of applicants and the competitiveness of the program.

...more

U

Ujjwal singh

Beginner-Level 4

Answered 4 days ago

India boasts several top M.Tech colleges that admit students based on their GATE scores, providing a pathway for engineering graduates to pursue advanced studies in their field at renowned institutions known for academic excellence and industry recognition.

Listed below are some of the top M.Tech col

...more

T

Tasbiya Khan

Contributor-Level 10

Answered a week ago

Yes, candidate looking for M.Tech admission at Oriental Institute of Science and Technology, Bhopal will be selected on merit-basis. The institute do not require any entrance exam for M.Tech admissions. The duration for the course is two years. Apart from this, a total of 120 seats are available for

...more

40939197
Indrani Choudhury

Contributor-Level 10

Answered 2 weeks ago

Yes, you can join the Army Institute of Technology (AIT) for an M.Tech programme without GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) scores. AIT typically conducts its own entrance examination known as the AIT Engineering Entrance Examination (AIT EEE) for admission to its M.Tech programs. 

Candidat

...more

A

Akshay Thakur

Contributor-Level 7

Answered 2 weeks ago

Yes, you can still apply for Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW) even if you have not cleared GATE and CUET PG exams. Admission to IGDTUW is based on different entrance exams and while GATE and CUET are accepted for some programs, different courses have different criteria and

...more

P

Pulkit Gautam

Contributor-Level 8

Answered 2 weeks ago

Typically, a GATE score above the institute's cutoff marks, which can vary each year, is essential for securing admission to M.Tech courses at RGIT Mumbai. Candidates should aim for a GATE score that aligns with the institute's historical cutoff trends to enhance their chances of admission.

Here is t

...more

S

Soumya Rai

Contributor-Level 6

Answered 3 weeks ago

NSIT (NSUT) typically conducts the written entrance exam for non-GATE candidates for M.Tech admission around April or May. However, it's always best to check the official website or contact the admissions office for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding exam dates.

S

Srinivas gugulothu

Beginner-Level 1

2024 Institutes accepting GATE

M.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering
  • 5.0

    Placements

    5.0

    Infrastructure

    5.0

    Faculty & Course Curriculum

    5.0

    Crowd & Campus Life

    5.0

    Value for Money

    5.0

    Learning Experience

    0.0

    Course Support

    0.0
    (7)
  • |
  • Total Fees: ₹ 1.20 Lakh
  • |
  • 2 years
  • |
  • Full Time
M.Tech. in Computer Technology
  • 4.6

    Placements

    4.8

    Infrastructure

    4.6

    Faculty & Course Curriculum

    4.4

    Crowd & Campus Life

    4.4

    Value for Money

    4.6

    Learning Experience

    0.0

    Course Support

    0.0
    (5)
  • |
  • Total Fees: ₹ 3.00 Lakh
  • |
  • 2 years
  • |
  • Full Time
M.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering
  • 4.7

    Placements

    5.0

    Infrastructure

    4.0

    Faculty & Course Curriculum

    5.0

    Crowd & Campus Life

    4.5

    Value for Money

    5.0

    Learning Experience

    0.0

    Course Support

    0.0
    (2)
  • |
  • Total Fees: ₹ 20,000
  • |
  • 2 years
  • |
  • Full Time
M.Tech. in Data Analytics
  • 4.0

    Placements

    4.0

    Infrastructure

    3.0

    Faculty & Course Curriculum

    4.0

    Crowd & Campus Life

    5.0

    Value for Money

    4.0

    Learning Experience

    0.0

    Course Support

    0.0
    (1)
  • |
  • Total Fees: ₹ 1.40 Lakh
  • |
  • 2 years
  • |
  • Full Time

Explore more Engineering exams with upcoming dates

15 Apr '24 - 21 Apr '24: AMUEEE 2024 application form with late fee
Apr '24: IIIT UGEE 2024 Release of admit card
Apr '24: IIITH PGEE 2024 Availability of the admit card
27 Feb '24 - 22 Apr '24: TS POLYCET 2024 application form
22 Apr '24: TS ECET 2024 Application Form with late fee of INR 500