Jasmine Dang AroraDeputy Manager-Content
Fashion is a versatile and fast-progressing industry. People who have a deep sense of fashion trends and wish to become designers can go for an online course in Jewellery Designing.
The primary responsibility of any designer is to create unique jewellery pieces, keeping in mind the needs of the customers and their budgets.
The Jewellery Design course helps the aspirants learn various skills needed to shape, form, render and manufacture a piece of jewellery item. However, the role of Jewellery Design is not just restricted to creating jewellery designs, but also promoting their brands whenever needed. Sometimes, they also perform the task of Visual Jewellery Designer and help the craftsmen in creating designs as per the market trends.
Online Jewellery design courses are available that offer certificates on completion of the course. In fact, job placements are also ensured by the institutes offering such Online Jewellery courses. Apart from the institutes, independent certificate courses are also available online for Jewellery designing on Ed-tech platforms like Udemy and Skillshare.
Top 5 Jewellery Design Colleges
- Online Jewellery Design Eligibility Criteria
- Online Jewellery Design Entrance Exams
- Online Jewellery Design Required Skillset
- Online Jewellery Design Syllabus
- Online Jewellery Design Course Structure
- Institutes Offering Online Jewellery Courses
- Independent Online Jewellery Design Courses
- Online Jewellery Design Job Profiles
- Online Jewellery Design Top Recruiters
- FAQs About Online Jewellery Design Course
Online Jewellery Design Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility for the Online Jewellery Design course varies from college to college, but those students, who are interested to pursue a diploma course, must have completed the 10th or 12th class with an aggregate of 40 per cent marks. The aspirants who have an inclination toward the fashion industry and are creative can apply for this course. There are no specific criteria to pursue an online certificate course.
Online Jewellery Design Entrance Exams
Some of the popular entrance exams for courses related to Jewellery Designing are:
- National Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Exam
- National Institute of Design Entrance Exam
- Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design
- Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design
- United world Institute of Design Aptitude Test
- Pearl Academy Entrance Exam
Online Jewellery Design Required Skillset
The skills required to pursue any course in Jewellery Design are:
- Creative Thinking
- Knowledge of Fashion trends
- Problem-solving skills
- Innovative ideas
The candidates enrolling in the online Jewellery design courses can acquire the following skillsets:
- Design jewellery
- Draw design for jewellery
- Create computer-aided designs (CAD)
- Build a design portfolio
- Create a business plan
Online Jewellery Design Syllabus
The students interested in pursuing an online Jewellery Design course will be taught about
The art of Jewelry designing
Effects of light on gemstones
Understanding Diamond and its properties
Knowledge of Precious stones
Online Jewellery Design Course Structure
The structure of the online jewellery course can vary based on the course provider. Hence the aspirants of these courses must go through the course structure on the respective websites of the course provider. However, we have provided below a basic structure that is typically followed across all the providers:
- The course can be divided into various levels/modules.
- Candidates can choose to complete all the modules or up to a certain module as per their choice and need.
- Each level teaches a different aspect of jewellery designing.
- As the level increases, the skills and lessons become advanced.
Popular Jewellery Design Courses and Specialisations
Institutes Offering Online Jewellery Courses
The institutes that offer online Jewellery courses are as follows:
International Institute Of Gemology (IIG) - This institute is located in Mumbai, Surat, Kolkata, and Ahmedabad. It offers an online certificate course in Jewelry Design. This institute is very old and its origin can be traced back to 1965. The courses that it offers in the online mode under Jewellery designing are:
- Jewellery Design Graduate
- Jewellery Design Manual Professional
- Jewellery Design CAD Professional
- Jewellery Merchandising Professional
To impart the classes online, IIG has an advanced digital portal where aspirants can easily learn all designing courses online in the same manner as they do in offline classes.
Hatton Jewellery Institute, Hong Kong – Although the institute is located in Hong Kong, its online courses are accessible to all. There is no previous experience needed to join the course. It offers one-on-one online training that helps the aspirants learn and enhance their design skills and rendering techniques to create professional illustrations of jewellery.
To join this online course candidates must have some basic requirements fulfilled like
- A computer
- A stable internet connection for video conferencing
- A webcam and microphone
- Design tools, as needed
Independent Online Jewellery Design Courses
Here are some online Jewellery design courses offered by Udemy, skillshare, etc:
Course offered by
Jewellery Design in Rhino
Jewellery Making for Beginners
Floral Resin Jewellery Basics
Silversmithing for Beginners
Beads & Wires Jewellery making course
Thread & Clay Jewellery making course
Gold Jewellery design course
Rose Gold and Diamond Jewellery design course
Online Jewellery Design Job Profiles
The online design course can help the aspirants learn new skills in creating and designing jewellery. This can be beneficial in several ways, some of which are:
- One can start their own jewellery design and merchandising business.
- One can contribute their jewellery design to established merchants as a freelance designer.
- One can look for a career opportunity as a jewellery designer in an established firm.
- One can start their own online course to impart their skills to others who are seeking the same.
Online Jewellery Design Top Recruiters
A jewellery designer has multiple career choices in his hands. He can start his own business or find employment in any designer jewellery brand. Some of the top companies that are providing employment in this field are:
Malabar Gold and Jewellers
All About Jewellery Design course
FAQs About Online Jewellery Design Course
Q: What is Jewellery Designing?
Q: What is an online Jewellery Design course?
Q: What after the online Jewellery Design course is complete?
Q: What is the duration of the online Jewellery Design course?
Q: What is the eligibility to take an online Jewellery Design course?
Q: What skills can be learnt in an online Jewellery Designing course?
Q: What are some career prospects after pursuing an online Jewellery Design course?
Q: What are some online Jewellery Designing courses?
Q: Is Jewellery Design a good career option?
Q: Is Jewellery Designing hard to learn?
Q: Is Jewellery Design in demand?
Popular Online Jewellery Design Colleges in India
Popular Private Online Jewellery Design Colleges in India
Design Applications open. Apply Now
Top 10 in Gujarat
Design Applications open. Apply Now
Design Applications open till Mar 31, 2023. Apply Now
Most Popular Courses
- B.Des. in Fashion CommunicationNational Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
- B.FTech. in Apparel ProductionNational Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
- B.Des. in Fashion DesignNational Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
- B.Des. in Textile DesignNational Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
- B.Des. in Communication DesignSymbiosis Institute of Design, Symbiosis International, Pune
- B.Des. in Fashion CommunicationSymbiosis Institute of Design, Symbiosis International, Pune
- B.FTech. in Apparel ProductionNational Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi
- Master of Fashion Management (MFM)National Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi
- B.Des. in Fashion DesignNational Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi
- B.Des. in Textile DesignNational Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi
Popular Online Jewellery Design UG Courses in India
- UG Diploma
Popular Online Jewellery Design PG Courses in India
- PG Diploma
News & Updates
Mar 24, 2023
a month ago
India is renowned for jewellery-based craft traditions and techniques, manufacturing as well as exports. Today, digital technology innovations in design and manufacturing are paving the way for new leaps in jewellery industry in India. Concurrently, e-commerce platforms are changing the way jewel...India is renowned for jewellery-based craft traditions and techniques, manufacturing as well as exports. Today, digital technology innovations in design and manufacturing are paving the way for new leaps in jewellery industry in India. Concurrently, e-commerce platforms are changing the way jewellery is perceived and consumed. While precious and luxury jewellery is always popular, the young Indian today is experimenting with many new forms, materials and expressions in jewellery. Keeping these new critical developments in mind, the 4 Year Undergraduate Programme in Jewellery Design at Pearl Academy has been designed to not only cater to the export & traditional jewellery market but is also focused in exploring new domains of design and craft, which will give the industry its next set of designers and makers. The course will train students in the wide array of areas essential to jewellery design. The course will provide all students skills to leverage technology across design, manufacturing, business and retail to create design-preneurs and future leaders with strong business and design acumen, with the competence to work and contribute to any part of the jewellery value chain.
Taking an Exam? Selecting a College?
Find insights & recommendations on colleges and exams that you won't find anywhere else
On Shiksha, get access to
- 60k Colleges
- 891 Exams
- 431k Reviews
- 800k Answers
- Exhibition Design
- Film & Video Design
- Graphic Design
- Online Graphic Design
- Information Design
- UI / UX
- Web Design
- Online Web Design
- Apparel Design
- Footwear Design
- Jewellery Design
- Knitwear Design
- Leather Design
- Lifestyle Accessory Design
- Textile Design
- Visual Merchandising
- Automotive Design
- Ceramic & Glass Design
- Furniture Design
- Toy Design
How good is the Jewellery design course at Pearl Academy, Jaipur?
Reply to Shruti