CTET eligibility criteria 2022 is shared here for Paper 1 and Paper 2 along with the age limit, educational qualification, qualifying marks and reservation norms. CTET 2022 exam process will start soon with the release of the application form. Check below the detailed CTET eligibility 2022.
The Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) 2022 exam process will begin soon with the release of the official notification. The CTET application 2022 will begin after the issue of official notification. Candidates who fulfil the CTET eligibility criteria 2022 will be able to fill out the application form by visiting the official website. The CTET eligibility criteria for Paper 1 and Paper 2 are fixed by the CBSE itself based on the TET guidelines framed by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE). The CTET Paper 1 and Paper 2 eligibility criteria are mentioned in detail in the official CTET notification of the exam along with the educational qualification, age limit and reservation norms.
Here we have provided the detailed CTET eligibility criteria, as prescribed by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), that candidates need to fulfil in order to appear for the CTET 2022 exam. The details mentioned below are based on the CTET notification or the Information Bulletin for the December 2021 session. Candidates should possess the minimum qualifications for the teaching staff in accordance with the following:
- National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) Regulations
- Minimum educational qualifications laid down in the Recruitment Rules for the teachers by Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangthan (KVS), Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) and other schools
The CTET exam is conducted in two sessions for Paper 1 and Paper 2. CTET Paper 1 is meant for candidates who plan to teach classes 1 to 5 and paper 2 is meant for applicants who wish to teach classes 6 to 8. Candidates who want to teach classes 1 to 8 need to appear for both papers. The CTET Paper 1 eligibility is different from CTET Paper 2 eligibility criteria. Some of the basic requirements to fulfil CTET eligibility criteria 2022 are passing 12 examinations or completing graduation with a minimum of 50 per cent aggregate marks. Candidates should go through the detailed eligibility criteria before filling the CTET application form.
Also Read: CTET Exam Date 2022
CTET Eligibility 2022: Nationality
Have a look at the CTET eligibility criteria 2022 below in terms of nationality:
- Candidates should be citizens of India in order to be eligible to apply for the CTET 2022 exam.
CTET Age Limit 2022
Have a look at the CTET age limit 2022 below:
- The minimum age limit to apply for CTET 2022 is 18 years.
- There is no restriction on the upper age limit to apply for the CTET exam.
CTET Eligibility Criteria 2022: Educational Qualification for Paper 1 & 2
CTET eligibility for Paper 1 (primary teachers) and Paper 2 (elementary teachers) is different. Go through the details below:
CTET Educational Qualification 2022 for Paper 1 (Primary Teachers)
In order to be qualified for being a primary teacher of classes 1 to 5, applicants must meet any one of the given CTET eligibility criteria in terms of education qualification:
- Passed Senior Secondary or Class 12 exams with minimum of 50 per cent marks and passed or appeared in the final year of the two-year Diploma in Elementary Education (D.Ed) (by whatever name known)
- Passed Class 12 exams with a minimum of 45 per cent marks and passed or appeared in the final year of the two-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known) in accordance with rules mentioned in NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations, 2002
- Passed Class 12 exams with a minimum of 50 per cent marks and passed or appeared in the final year of four-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed)
- Passed Class 12 exams with a minimum of 50 per cent marks and passed or appeared in the final year of two-year Diploma in Special Education
- Graduation in any stream with a minimum of 50 per cent marks and a BEd degree
Note: Candidates who have obtained the BEd degree from any NCTE recognised institution need to mandatorily undergo a six month Bridge Course in Elementary Education recognised by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) within two years after being appointed as a primary teacher.
Also Read: CTET Normalisation of Marks 2022
CTET Educational Qualification 2022 for Paper 2 (Elementary Teachers)
In order to be qualified for appointment as an elementary teacher of classes 6 to 8, applicants must meet any one of the given CTET eligibility criteria in terms of education qualification:
- Graduation and passed or appearing in the final year of two-year Diploma in Elementary Education (D.Ed)
- Graduation with minimum 50 per cent marks and passed or appearing in one-year BEd course
- Graduation with minimum 45 per cent marks and passed or appearing in one-year BEd in accordance with the rules and norms of NCTE
- Passed Class 12 exams with a minimum of 50 per cent marks and passed or appeared in the final year of four-year B.El.Ed
- Passed Class 12 exams with a minimum of 50 per cent marks and passed or appeared in the final year of four-year BA/BSc.Ed or BA.Ed/BSc.Ed
- Graduation with minimum 50 per cent marks and passed or appearing in one-year BEd in Special Education
Note: Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PwD category are given a relaxation of 5 per cent in the minimum marks required to be eligible for the CTET exam.
Also Read: How to prepare for CTET 2022?
CTET 2022 Exam Eligibility: Number of Attempts
There is no fixed limit on the number of attempts in the CTET 2022 examination. Candidates can appear for the CTET exam for any number of times till they obtain the desired scores.
CTET 2022 Eligibility: Associated Parameters
Check below the other parameters related to the CTET eligibility:
- A diploma/degree in teacher education pursued by candidates should be mandatorily recognised by NCTE
- In the case of Diploma in Education (Special Education) and B.Ed (Special Education), a teacher education course recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) only shall be considered
- A candidate with Diploma in Special Education need to undergo, after appointment, an NCTE recognized six-month Special Programme in Elementary Education
- Applicants are chosen as teachers of Physical Education according to the regulations and norms laid down by NCTE
- For teachers of Art Education, Craft Education, Home Science, Work Education, etc. norms by other school management and state government are applicable until NCTE lays down its minimum eligibility norms with such teachers
Also Read: TET 2022 Notification & Dates
New CTET Eligibility Criterion added by CBSE
The CBSE has added one more eligibility criterion in the CTET December 2021 exam. Have a look:
'Post-Graduation with a minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade and three-year integrated BEd - MEd'
As per the above-mentioned criterion, candidates who have obtained a minimum of 55 per cent marks in the post-graduation with a three-year integrated BEd-MEd course can also apply for the CTET 2022 exam.
CTET Eligibility: Qualifying Marks
Candidates who gain minimum qualifying marks are declared qualified in the CTET exam. General Category candidates need to obtain 60 per cent marks. There is a relaxation of 5 per cent for reserved categories such as Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Class (OBC) and Differently Abled. Candidates who belong to OBC/SC/ST categories need to obtain 55 per cent marks.
Minimum Qualifying Percentage
Minimum Qualifying Marks
90 out of 150
82 out of 150
- CTET FAQs 2022: Check Frequently Asked Questions
- Are CTET & TET exams same? Know the Difference
- TET Certificate Validity Extended for Lifetime: Education Minister
- How to prepare for Child Development and Pedagogy section
CTET Eligibility 2022 FAQs
Q. Who is eligible for the CTET 2022 exam?
Q. What is the minimum age limit to appear for the CTET exam?
Q. Is there any upper age limit for the CTET exam?
Q. What is the minimum educational qualification for the CTET exam?
Q. Can only Class 12 pass candidates apply for the CTET exam?
Q. Is B.Ed compulsory for the CTET exam?
Q. Is there any relaxation in CTET educational qualification for SC/ST candidates?
Q. I live in Canada. Can I apply for the CTET exam?
Q. What is the maximum number of attempts for the CTET exam?
Q. Who are declared pass in the CTET exam?
Q. What is the validity period of the CTET eligibility certificate?
Q. In which schools can I apply for a teaching job after passing the CTET exam?
News & Updates
Explore Other Exams
a month ago
a month ago
The online Submission of the application starts in 1st week of February 2022 so you can fill from the official website of CBSE.
Online Submission of application starts from
1st week of February 2022
Online Submission of application ends on
1st week of March 2022.
To apply for CTET if you apply for primary stage teacher then you must have passed 12th with 45% marks. If you want to apply for Elementary Teacher, then you should have graduation with 45% marks and 12th pass with 50% marks.
2 months ago
-To get your forgotten registration or application no. You have to visit the official website.-Here on the homepage you will see a link stating forgot your application number, just click on it. -Now after clicking on it you will be redirected to a new Find Application Number page. -Here you have ...-To get your forgotten registration or application no. You have to visit the official website.
-Here on the homepage you will see a link stating forgot your application number, just click on it. -Now after clicking on it you will be redirected to a new Find Application Number page. -Here you have to enter your details like Candidate name, father name, mother name, date of birth, and security pin. -Now in the end click on the Get Application Number button, and you will have your registration number which you have forgotten.
I would like to know CTET exam dates for year 2022- 23.
2 months ago
Last date to apply online for CTET is 19 October 2022
To pay application fee is 20 October 2022
CTET exam date between 16 Dec 2022 to 13 January 2023.