How to prepare for JEE Main 2023: Study Plan, Preparation Tips, Syllabus, Pattern, Best Books
Here is all you need to know about JEE Main 2023 preparation, including pattern, syllabus, best books, preparation tips and previous year JEE Main papers.
JEE Main 2023: Every year, lakhs of students appear in Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main competing with each other to avail seats in undergraduate engineering courses offered by the nation’s top engineering colleges such as IITs, NITS, IIITs and other institutes.
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main is considered as one of the most challenging undergraduate admission tests in the country. It takes commitment and consistent hard work to clear the exam. Candidates aspiring to qualify the exam with good marks need to start their preparations early, preferably from class 11th only. So, the candidates preparing for JEE Main 2023 can check the subject-wise tips below. \
Latest News - JEE Main 2023 February 1 Live Updates: Students reaction, today paper analysis, question paper, answer key
|JEE Main Syllabus 2023||JEE Main 2023 Sample Papers|
|JEE Main Question Papers||JEE Main 2023 Mock Test|
How to prepare for JEE 2023
JEE Main is an important exam for every engineering aspirant. Qualifying it paves candidates’ way for admission to NITs, IIITs and GFTIs but it also acts as a gateway for JEE Advanced conducted for admission to IITs. Top 2.5 lakh qualified candidates of JEE Main are allowed to appear for JEE advanced.
Other than that starting preparation early helps candidates to prepare an effective study plan so that they can also prepare for their Class 12 board exams. Hence, it is extremely important for candidates to start their preparations at least a year or two before to successfully clear these examinations. Below given are few other benefits of starting the preparation for the exams early.
Benefits of Starting Early for JEE Main Preparation 2023
Both JEE Main and JEE Advanced consist of topics from Class 11 and 12. The curriculum of three subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in these classes formulate the basis of the two exams. Thus, if a candidate starts preparing early, you can get a stronghold over the syllabus.
Starting early massively strengthens a student’s memory as well as grasping ability. The two years of preparation time allows you to hone your time management skills and focus on your weaker areas.
Majority of educators and toppers opine that a student should dedicate at least one year of preparation time for clearing JEE Main and Advanced. However, preparing for the entrance exam along with Class 12 board exams can be a problem. This makes starting early more preferable as one can formulate a study routine which is supported by a balanced time allocation model.
Starting from class 11 gradually helps students in devising a steady and distributed step-wise approach leading to efficient subject-wise preparation in a stress-free regime. Below are the few tips for candidates to devise a good study plan and preparation strategy.
JEE Main 2022 Preparation Tips
- Target small goals to achieve big results. The JEE syllabus looks huge at the start. You need to divide it in modules. Take up one topic at a time and accomplish the goals related to the topic.
- Prepare and follow a daily study schedule covering all three subjects. Do not neglect any subject or give excessive time to one subject.
- Candidates must read the theory/concept part first and then practice problems. It helps in understanding concepts better. If you are not able to solve a problem, go through the theory again and again till you get it.
- Do not leave any topic. Questions in JEE can come from any topic in the syllabus.
- Studying easier chapters first and solve their problems will help students to gain confidence for learning the difficult chapters.
- While studying long hours, students must take small breaks between study sessions to maintain efficiency.
- Time management and pattern of solving questions is the key to score well in JEE. It can be only achieved by serious dedicated practice and questions solving.
- Include problem-solving in your daily study schedule and increase your difficulty at regular intervals.
- It is essential to make notes along with studies. Candidates can add important points, shortcuts, formulas, reactions, mistakes, etc. Notes will help students in revision.
- Be regular and punctual in attending coaching classes (if you are enrolled in one). Avoid backlogs i.e. whatever is taught in the class, study the same thing from coaching modules after the class. Finish all assignments, daily practice papers and exercises on time.
- Keep on revising the topics. JEE Main preparation requires a lot of time. After understanding a new topic and solving problems, old concepts may fade away. For efficient preparation, consistent revision is necessary.
- Measure your learning and performance. You need to give tests on a regular basis to check your knowledge, speed, accuracy and time management skills (coaching has pre-scheduled tests).
- Never feel depressed if you are unable to solve questions of a specific topic or a subject. Put all your efforts and hard work to understand the theory and again solve the problems.
How to Prepare for JEE Main 2023: Subject-wise Strategy
The syllabus of JEE Main and Advanced is majorly based on topics of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics studied in Class 11 and Class 12. Here are a few tips that will help you in subject-wise preparations:
How to prepare for JEE Main Physics
- Before starting preparation for Physics, every student must conduct a thorough trend analysis of the subject domain. This will help in highlighting the topics that need more focus.
- Few important topics in Physics include heat and thermodynamics, optics, electrodynamics, modern physics, and mechanics. Take reference from reliable sources.
- Segregate topics according to trends. According to trends, mechanics emerged as the first choice for exam setters followed by questions from errors and measurements, fluids, gravitation, and so on.
How to prepare for JEE Main Chemistry
- Like Physics, students have to conduct subject-wise trend analysis and develop a study plan before starting the preparation
- The subject is further divided into three parts, Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry and Organic Chemistry.
- In recent years, a majority of questions in JEE Main were asked from the topics such as kinetics, chemical equilibrium while the number of questions from thermodynamics and electrochemistry in the physical chemistry domain witnessed a decline.
- The most favoured chapters in organic chemistry from JEE Main point of view are alkanes, alkynes, polymers, carbonyls, etc.
- Under inorganic chemistry, questions from P-block elements and coordination compounds have gained prominence. This has been followed by questions from metallurgy, chemical bonding, etc.
How to prepare for JEE Main Mathematics
- Mathematics requires consistent practice for better preparation.
- In the last few years, differential calculus has dominated the JEE Main Mathematics question papers followed by coordinate geometry.
- A good number of questions have also been asked from topics such as integral calculus, vector analysis, 3D queries, etc.
- Matrices and determinants, statistics, binomial theorem are some other important topics that students should prepare well.
These above-mentioned pointers can potentially aid you in scheduling your preparations, but excelling in JEE largely depends upon your hard work, guidance and consistency. Always remember that time management, hard work, consistency, confidence, and dedication are the key determinants of success. So start your JEE preparations from class 11 itself and give yourself sufficient time to ace the JEE examination.
Download this article as PDF to read offlineDownload as PDF
Satyendra is an expert news writer and content editor at shiksha.com with over ten years of experience in the education field. His work involves writing news and articles, editing, and proofreading content related t... Read Full Bio
Upcoming Engineering Exam Dates
a year ago
I have wasted my one attempt this year, can i give my rest three attempts in the next year 2022?
Reply to Harsh Singh
a year ago
i have wasted my 11std can i start my jee preperation now at the start of my 12std
Reply to Prachi Jambotkar
a year ago
Yes but work is very hard
a year ago
Reply to Dhjfh Cgjll
a year ago
I have computer science instead of chemistry amd I am in class 12 can I still give JEE 2022?
Reply to Sra Bhatia
a year ago
how can I get full marks in jee mains give some suggestions
Reply to Praveen Kapa
a year ago
work hard nd 2nd thing is that u should divide ur tym like 2 hrs for phy,2 hrs for chm nd 2 hrs for