Saakshi Varsha LamaAssistant Manager Content
VITEEE 2022 slot booking process has commenced at vit.ac.in. Registered candidates can now log into the Online Test Booking System (OTBS) and book their preferred slots for VITEEE 2022. After the slots are booked, VITEEE 2022 admit card will be generated. VITEEE 2022 mock test is now available and the candidates are advised to attempt it to prepare for the upcoming examination. VITEEE 2022 will be conducted from June 30 to July 6 as a computer-based test. Before registering for VITEEE 2022, the candidates were advised to check the official eligibility criteria. VITEEE 2022 result will be announced on July 8. VITEEE 2022 counselling will be held from July 8. Read the full article to know more about the exam.
- What is VITEEE 2022?
- Latest Updates:
- VITEEE 2022 Highlights
- VITEEE 2022 Important Dates
- VITEEE 2022 Slot Booking
- VITEEE 2022 Admit Card
- VITEEE 2022 Mock Test
- VITEEE 2022 Application Form
- VITEEE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- VITEEE 2022 Admission Process
- VITEEE 2022 Syllabus
- VITEEE 2022 Exam Pattern
- VITEEE 2022 Preparation Tips
- VITEEE 2022 Result
- VITEEE 2022 Counselling
- Colleges accepting VITEEE 2022 Score
- VITEEE 2022 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is VITEEE 2022?
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination is conducted by the Vellore Institute of Technology every year for admission to undergraduate engineering courses (BTech) of participating institutes. Every year, VITEEE is held to enroll students in various undergraduate courses. Around two lakh students apply for VITEEE every year. All the eligible candidates will be offered admission to B.Tech programmes at VIT Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal and Amravati. Since 2018, the university is also offering admission to BDes (Industrial Design) through VITEEE. The number of seats and the mode of selection is purely at the discretion of the management.
- June 18, 2022 - VITEEE 2022 slot booking process started
- June 13, 2022 - VITEEE 2022 mock test released
- May 31, 2022 - VITEEE 2022 application form last date has been extended
VITEEE 2022 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination or VITEEE|
|Conducted By||Vellore Institute of Technology|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-Based Test|
|Total Registrations||More than 2 lakh (approx)|
|Course offered through the exam||BTech|
|Number of Sections||
5 - Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Aptitude, English
1 mark for each correct answer. No marks will be deducted for any wrong response selected by candidates.
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Colleges Accepting Exam Score||
|No. of Test Cities||N/A|
VITEEE Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
VITEEE Helpline: 0416 220 2020
VITEEE 2022 Important Dates
Candidates can check the important dates of VITEEE 2022 from the table given below to know the complete schedule of events such as application form release, admit card, exam date and more.
Release of online application forms
Last date to submit the application forms
30-Apr-2022 30-May-2022 15-Jun-2022
Availability of mock test
Commencement of slot booking
Availability of admit cards
30-Jun-2022 to 06-Jul-2022
Commencement of Counselling
VITEEE 2022 Slot Booking
The authorities have commenced the VITEEE 2022 slot booking process online. To book their slots, the candidates will have to log in using their application number and password. Since the slot booking facility is a first-come-first-serve process, the candidates are advised to complete it as soon as possible.
VITEEE 2022 Admit Card
Registered candidates will be able to access the VITEEE admit card 2022 after the slot booking process is completed. Details regarding the allotted exam centre, date, timings and more will be released through the VIT 2022 admit card. No other mode will be used to release the admit card. While reporting to the exam centre, the candidates will have to present their VITEEE 2022 admit card and valid identity proof.
VITEEE 2022 Mock Test
The authorities have released the VITEEE mock test 2022 online. Candidates are advised to attempt the mock tests since it will help them to understand how the exam will be conducted. The mock test will also help the candidates to know their commonly made mistakes and improve them so that the same is not made during the real examination.
VITEEE 2022 Application Form
The authorities released the application form of VITEEE 2022 on December 2, 2021. While registering for VITEEE 2022, the candidates had to fill in their details and also provide their email ID. Once they completed this task, they had to confirm their password and fill out the complete application form for VITEEE 2022. Candidates were advised to pay extra attention while entering their date of birth (DOB) in the application form. An application fee of INR 1250/- (inclusive of GST) - for general candidates had to be paid online via Netbanking/Credit/Debit card/PayTM.
VITEEE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria of VITEEE 2022 to know the different conditions that have to be met to be eligible for admissions.
Nationality: The applicant for admission should be a Resident/Non-Resident Indian National/PIO Holder.
Age Limit: Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after July 1, 2000, are eligible to apply for VITEEE 2022. The date of birth as recorded in the High School Certificate will be considered authentic. Candidates should produce this certificate in original as proof of their age at the time of counselling, failing which, they will be disqualified.
Qualifying Examination: Candidates appearing for the VITEEE 2022 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2022, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
- The final examination of the Class 12 system of Higher Secondary Examination is conducted by the State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), New Delhi
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level
As per VIT Norms, Regular ‘NIOS’ board candidates are also eligible for VITEEE. They should produce the Migration Cum Transfer Certificate at the time of joining
- Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are alone eligible to apply
Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2022 should have secured a minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate)
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate) put together should be 50% for the following categories:
(a) Candidates belonging to SC/ST Community
(b)Candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir/ Ladakh and the North-Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura.
- CERTIFICATE TO PROVE NATIVITY should be produced at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission
- In case, the mark statement is not produced by the candidates at the time of admission, the decision of the Management regarding his/her eligibility and admission to the programme shall be final.
- For Indian nationals/ NRI/ PIO cardholders, appearance in VITEEE-2022 is mandatory to be eligible for BTech admission
- In case VITEEE gets cancelled due to natural calamities, qualifying criteria may be substituted with higher secondary marks or JEE Main 2022 scores or a valid SAT
Subject Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in the qualifying examination are eligible for all the B.Tech. Degree programmes
- Candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in the qualifying examination are eligible only for B.Tech. Bio-stream Degree programmes as below, but after joining, registering for Mathematics as a bridge course is mandatory BTech Bio-engineering, Biotechnology, CSE with specialisation in Bioinformatics, ECE with specialisation in Biomedical Engineering programmes
- Even though the admission is done as per the VITEEE ranking, the candidate has to fulfil the eligibility norms mentioned
VITEEE 2022 Admission Process
VITEEE 2022 Syllabus
Candidates can now check the official syllabus of VITEEE 2022 to know which topics have to be studied for the entrance examination. By knowing the syllabus beforehand, the candidates will be able to understand how to prepare for the examination so that they secure good marks. VITEEE syllabus 2022 topics consist of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Aptitude.
VITEEE 2022 Exam Pattern
The authorities have released the exam pattern of VITEEE 2022 online. The candidates will be able to attempt the entrance examination as a computer-based test. The exam paper will consist of questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Aptitude. Candidates are advised to know the VITEEE exam pattern to plan out their preparation for the entrance examination.
VITEEE 2022 Preparation Tips
Candidates are advised to follow certain VITEEE preparation tips 2022 to have a higher chance of performing well in the examination. Some of the preparation tips have been listed below.
- The official exam pattern and syllabus of VITEEE 2022 should be checked beforehand to prepare for the exam.
- A personalized timetable should be created and the topics have to be distributed evenly for the preparation.
- While studying, the students should create notes so that they can revise the important topics whenever they wish to.
- Mock tests have to be attempted regularly to check their preparation progress.
- Revision should be done every day so that they do not forget what has been studied.
VITEEE 2022 Result
VIT will announce the VITEEE 2022 result tentatively on July 8. The scores and ranks obtained by the candidates in the entrance examination can be checked through the VITEEE result. To access the VITEEE result 2022, the candidates will have to log in using their application number and password. It is to be noted that the VITEEE result will be available only in online mode. Candidates will be assessed for admissions based on their VIT results.
VITEEE 2022 Counselling
VITEEE 2022 counselling will commence from July 8. All qualified candidates will have to participate in the counselling process to be allotted to the BTech courses offered by VIT campuses. During VIT 2022 counselling, the candidates will have to register, select their preferences. produce the documents for verification and confirm their admission once allotted. The authorities will allot students based on their rank, preferences and availability of seats. Confirmation of admission has to be done once the allotment result is announced.
Colleges accepting VITEEE 2022 Score
VITEEE 2022 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. As VITEEE was held as an online proctored test in 2021, will the same pattern be followed in 2022?
Q. When will VITEEE 2022 be conducted?
Q. When will VIT release VITEEE 2022 application forms?
Q. Is it mandatory to fill the VITEEE 2022 application form?
Q. Will VITEEE 2022 also be conducted in offline mode?
Q. Will the authorities release the mock test of VITEEE 2022?
Q. When will the slot booking process for VITEEE 2022 commence?
Q. When will VITEEE 2022 results be announced?
Q. Where can I check VITEEE 2022 counselling dates?
Q. Will VITEEE 2022 counselling be held in offline mode?
Q. When will the VITEEE 2022 seat allotment be announced?
VITEEE 2022 Contact Information
Contact Person for UG admissions: Mr Kalaichelvan Gurumurthy
Vellore - 632 014
Phone No: +91-416-220 2125,2157, 220 2168
Vandalur - Kelambakkam Road
Chennai - 600 127
Phone No: 044 3993 1555
Helpline Number: 0416 - 330 5555