Scoring 500 and above in NEET 2023 will secure a seat for you in a good medical college. As NEET 2023 exam is expected to be held in May, know a few preparation tips and tricks on how to score 500+ marks in NEET 2023.
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is the only medical entrance test for undergraduate admissions in India. To get into a top medical college through NEET, a candidate needs to score at least 500 marks out of 720. Scoring 500 or above will ensure that you get into a good college through NEET 2023. However, with NEET being the only entrance for UG admissions, the competition is fierce. But, scoring 500+ in NEET 2023 is possible if you follow a few simple rules while preparing for it.
NEET UG 2023 exam is likely to be conducted in the first week of May, which leaves you with approximately six months for the exam. Shiksha.com has compiled a few tips on how to score 500+ marks in NEET 2023 exam. These tips will help you cover the NEET 2023 syllabus in time for the examination, leaving enough time to complete the revision and the mock tests. Read on to know more.
How to score 500+ marks in NEET 2023?
Being meticulous in the preparation phase is the first and foremost criterion for getting a score of above 500 in NEET 2023. Secondly, a confident and positive outlook will help you in maintaining the preparation momentum. Let us check the other tips to score 500+ in NEET UG 2023.
The first tip on how to score 500+ in NEET 2023 is, to be honest with yourself about your preparation. You may lie to others about your preparation but lying to yourself is not going to help you. You need to point out the chapters or the topics that you are finding difficult or have skipped due to some reason. This will help you calculate the time that you need to spend on strengthening these chapters.
List of the topics that are remaining
Prepare a list of all the topics that are included in the NEET 2023 syllabus. Divide these into three categories, strong, weak and pending. You must aim to move all the topics from the ‘pending’ and ‘weak’ sections into the ‘strong’ section. Also, keep revising the topics that are in the ‘strong’ section to maintain a hold on them.
Also Read: How to complete NEET 2023 Syllabus on time?
The 60:40 rule
Revision is a crucial part of NEET 2023 preparation. Students who have just begun their preparation must dedicate 60 per cent of the time to new chapters and the remaining 40 per cent to revision. For those in the last six months of the preparation phase, dedicate 60 per cent to revision and the remaining 40 per cent to learning new chapters. You must, at all times, maintain a balance between the old topics and the new ones.
Also Read: How to Make Revision Notes for NEET
Nothing new in the last month
The last month of the preparation phase must be spent revising everything that has been read till date, strengthening all the topics. You must also take frequent mock tests during the last month of NEET 2023 preparation. Starting a new chapter or book during the last month of the preparation phase is not advisable. Instead, you must use this time to analyse the result of the mock tests and work towards improving your performance in them.
Also Read: How to prepare for NEET 2023 in 1 month?
Mock tests and question papers
NEET 2023 mock tests and question papers are a must if you want to score 500+ marks in NEET UG 2023. The previous years’ NEET question papers will prepare you for the questions that are asked repetitively in the examination. These tests will also help you familiarise yourself with the NEET 2023 exam pattern and will get you into the habit of solving the questions while maintaining speed and accuracy. Another advantage of taking the mock tests is that they will help you adapt to the negative marking system of NEET 2023.
A time table
The importance of a timetable while preparing for NEET 2023 cannot be emphasised enough. To score 500+ marks in NEET 2023, you need to be disciplined in your studies. A carefully planned timetable will allow you to complete the syllabus before the examination while ensuring enough time for revision and practice tests. In the absence of a timetable, you may not find enough time to complete these three and you may end up prioritising one over the other.
Consistency and belief
The last tip on how to score 500+ marks in NEET 2023 is to maintain consistency. Regular studies are important if you wish to score above 500 in the examination. Remember, over 15 lakh candidates are competing for over one lakh seats in NEET 2023. Thus, you have to put in a lot of effort to clear NEET 2023. However, you must also be confident about your preparation. A positive and calm person will attempt more questions on exam day as compared to someone in a state of panic.
Download this article as PDF to read offlineDownload as PDF
Sreetama has over a decade of editorial experience in the higher education beat. A wanderlust by passion, she is also an avid reader and a music lover. Among friends, she is popular for her sense of humour.
News & Updates
Explore Other Exams
I have given NEET UG this year and I got a score of 194. Can I get a government B.Sc. Nursing College in Madhya Pradesh?
a week ago
No, 2nd round of counselling has not yet been released. You can always check updates on the website.
JEE is related to the engineering field, whereas NEET is related to the medical field. JEE and NEET are both held on an annual basis, and with limited seats, passing these exams becomes more difficult for students. Furthermore, the number of seats in medical colleges is much lower than in enginee...JEE is related to the engineering field, whereas NEET is related to the medical field. JEE and NEET are both held on an annual basis, and with limited seats, passing these exams becomes more difficult for students. Furthermore, the number of seats in medical colleges is much lower than in engineering colleges. Due to the lesser number of seats available in medical colleges and the high level of competition in NEET getting into a good medical college is challenging. As for difficulty level, National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is slightly tougher than Joint Entrance Examination-Mains but easier than Joint Entrance Examination-Advanced, but that is subjective, as seats are comparatively limited in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, making it more competitive. Least Difficult: JEE Mains. Difficult: NEET. Most Difficulty: JEE Advanced. I hope this will help you.
I've heard that the state cut off often reduces by 3-4 marks during the mop up round of NEET UG counselling. Is it true?
I have secured 113 marks in NEET 2022 and my rank is 905892. Can I get admission in Sardar Patel Dental College, Lucknow?
Can I do the choice-filling process in round 2 of the NEET UG counselling if I've registered in round 1?
Yes, you can do choice filling in round 2 of NEET UG counselling. MCC regulations state that you do not have to re-register if you already registered for Round 1. For NEET UG Counseling 2022, the round 2 choice filling and locking process is currently in progress. The deadline for choice filling ...Yes, you can do choice filling in round 2 of NEET UG counselling. MCC regulations state that you do not have to re-register if you already registered for Round 1. For NEET UG Counseling 2022, the round 2 choice filling and locking process is currently in progress. The deadline for choice filling is today. MCC will then release the lists of students who were assigned to medical and dental colleges for round 2. After this round, a fresh process for the mop-up round of NEET UG will be done by MCC. This process is the same for state NEET counselling too.
The round two counselling results are expected on November 11 at the official website of the Medical Counselling Committee. The NEET UG Counseling 2022 Round Two Choice Filling and Locking Process has been extended until today, November 9, per the most recent updates. The results will be announce...The round two counselling results are expected on November 11 at the official website of the Medical Counselling Committee. The NEET UG Counseling 2022 Round Two Choice Filling and Locking Process has been extended until today, November 9, per the most recent updates. The results will be announced by MCC after the choice-filling process is complete. The NEET UG exam is conducted for admission to medical and dental colleges in India.
The National Testing Agency NTA will conduct NEET 2023 exam in July 2023. NEET is a national level entrance exam for admission into MBBS BDS courses provided by most of the medical college's universities in India. NEET 2023 Important Dates. Application form availability December 2022Result announ...The National Testing Agency NTA will conduct NEET 2023 exam in July 2023. NEET is a national level entrance exam for admission into MBBS BDS courses provided by most of the medical college's universities in India. NEET 2023 Important Dates. Application form availability December 2022
Result announcement September 2023
NEET 2023 exam is expected to be conducted in the month of May. We can expect the NEET 2023 registration process to start in December or January for the year 2022, the exam was conducted on July 17 while we can expect the counselling to be conducted by the end of this year
How can I take admission for BHMS course in West Bengal Private Homoeopathic College?
How I can apply NEET UG 2022 counselling? I want to attend webiner on 23rd when you will organize it. What to do now?
4 weeks ago
You can visit the website of NEET conducting body. You can reach to Shiksha email with your request.