Anxiety and excitement often cause us to forget important things, often when you need to implement them. The same happens with many medical aspirants on the NEET exam day. Know important NEET 2022 exam day guidelines in this article and avoid delays/hassles on the exam day.
NEET 2022 Exam Day Guidelines
NEET 2022 exam will be conducted on July 17 in 557 cities across India and abroad. The duration of the exam is 200 minutes, which will be conducted from 2 pm to 5.20 pm. Along with the candidates' personal and exam schedule and centre details, the admit card will also notify the NEET 2022 exam day guidelines and instructions. Along with the exam preparation, NEET takers should know the exam day guidelines and start preparing for those to avoid last-minute hassles.
By the time one reaches the examination hall, he/she is overwhelmed with the thought of what to expect from the NEET question paper. In this anticipation, they sometimes forget the key points that they must remember on exam day. NEET exam day guidelines 2022 are nothing but a quick recap of all the information that the aspirants already know, but, forget on the exam day. For example, reaching the exam centre at the time specified is very important. If a candidate reaches at 1:45 pm, he/she will not be allowed to appear for NEET. Exam day guidelines for NEET 2022 will ensure that you remember these key points when you reach the exam centre, thus, improving your performance.
In this article, candidates will find information related to the admit card, exam pattern, exam day procedures and more. Read on to know the tips and guidelines for NEET 2022 exam day.
NEET 2022 Exam Day Guidelines: The Admit Card
The most document on the exam day is the NEET 2022 admit card. The admit card or hall ticket for NEET 2022 has been released and candidates are advised to download their NEET admit card well in advance and not wait for the last date.
Three things about the NEET admit card 2022 that one must ensure:
- He/she must take out a coloured printout of the NEET 2022 admit card
- A recent postcard-sized photograph (4”x6”) has to be pasted in the space provided
- The admit card must be signed by a parent/guardian
- They should not sign on the NEET 2022 admit card in the absence of invigilators or they would be disqualified on the exam day
- They have to also take a printout of the filled-in COVID-19 self-declaration undertaking.
NEET 2022 Exam Day Guidelines: Knowing the Schedule
The following table brings the exam day events and their timings so that candidates' can plan their timing and travel accordingly.
Entry to the examination hall will begin
Entry to the examination hall up to
Invigilators announce important instructions
1:30 pm to 1:45 pm
Test booklets will be distributed
Candidates can fill details in the test booklet
NEET 2022 Exam Day Guidelines: The Exam Pattern
Though all those appearing for this examination are familiar with the exam pattern of NEET 2022, a quick recap will help candidates perform better on the exam day since the exam pattern or the structure has changed this year. Below are the four important parameters that one must keep in mind while attempting the exam.
Mode of the Examination: NEET 2022 will be conducted in an offline mode. After the conclusion of the test, candidates will be allowed to carry the test booklet with them.
Duration of the examination: The duration will be three hours and 20 minutes. Candidates must keep a track of the time during the examination. Since wristwatches are not permitted in the examination centre, each exam hall will have a wall clock to facilitate the candidates. Also, half time will be indicated by a bell.
Medium of the examination: There are 13 language options for NEET 2022 question paper. Candidates who have chosen a regional language will get a bilingual question paper, where the second language would be English.
Marking scheme: Candidates must at all times keep in mind that NEET 2022 has a negative marking system. Each incorrect answer will cost them a mark, thus, they should avoid random guessing of answers.
Number of questions: The total number of questions in the exam will be 200 but candidates will have to answer only 180. Each subject will be divided into two sections, A and B which will have 35 and 15 questions respectively. Candidates will have to answer only 10 questions in Section B.
NEET 2022 Exam Day Guidelines: The Dress Code
It is important the candidates appearing for this entrance follow the NEET 2022 dress code, as suggested by NTA. Those failing to dress accordingly may have to face delays or be refused entry to the examination hall.
Dress Code: Common NEET 2022 exam day guidelines for both male and female candidates
- Candidates must be dressed casually and avoid clothes with long sleeves.
- Shoes/boots, etc. will not be permitted. Candidates must instead wear slippers, open-toed sandals, etc.
- Candidates in customary dress must report to the exam centre by 12:30 pm. It was also mandatory for such candidates to have provided this information while filling the application form for NEET 2022.
- Candidates who are unwell and may need to deviate from the dress code of NEET 2022 must take prior permission from the NTA.
NEET 2022 Exam Day Guidelines: What Not to Carry?
NTA has also released a list of items that are banned inside the examination hall. Candidates appearing for the examination must ensure that they do have any of the following items on them on the exam day.
- Stationery items such as test-based material (written/printed), papers, notes, Pencil box, pouches, geometry box, pen, scale/ruler, eraser, etc.
- Electronic devices such as calculators, cameras, electronic pens, scanners, etc.
- Accessories such as bags, belts, caps, goggles, wallets, etc.
- Devices used for communication such as mobile phones, smartwatches, Bluetooth, fitness bands, earphones, pager, etc.
- Any ornaments (both metallic/non-metallic) such as earrings, nose pins, piercings, etc.
- Eatables (packed or home-cooked), thermos, etc.
- Candidates who are suffering from Diabetes can carry sugar tablets, fruits (such as bananas, apples, oranges, etc.) and a transparent water bottle. However, such candidates must have filled in the required information in their NEET 2022 application form.
NEET 2022 Exam Day Guidelines: Instructions
The following exam day guidelines will have to be followed by the NEET takers.
- The exam centre for NEET 2022 will open at 11:30 am. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall before 11:30 am.
- The last entry into the examination hall will be at 1:30 pm. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall past 1:30 pm.
- Candidate must carry the NEET 2022 admit card—duly signed by a parent/guardian and a postcard-sized photograph must be affixed on it—along with a valid photo ID proof and a passport-sized photograph on the exam day.
- He/she must produce the admit card of NEET 2022 on demand.
- It is mandatory to undergo security procedures, such as body scanners and frisking. Candidates are thus advised to cooperate with the security personnel present at the exam centre.
- Candidates who intend to use their own scribe must carry a ‘Letter of Undertaking’ to the exam centre.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the examination hall before 5:20 pm
- All those appearing for the examination must note that the attendance sheet has to be signed twice, the first time would be right after the examination begins and the second time while handing over the answer sheet. Any candidate who fails to sign twice will be considered absent.
Safety Measures in Place at the NEET 2022 Exam Centre
The exam authorities will follow the steps given below to ensure the maintenance of safety measures and security protocols at the exam centres.
- The exam centre for NEET 2022 will be sanitised using a ‘disinfectant backpack spray machine’ on the exam day
- All those deputed on exam duty will be wearing facemasks and gloves
- Sanitiser bottles will be kept at the entry gate, exam halls, registration room, etc. These will be refilled from time-to-time
- All desks and chairs will be thoroughly sanitised
- The washrooms will be thoroughly disinfected
- The trash bins will be emptied and disinfected
- Notice boards will display the COVID-19 advisory for all students
- Ropes will be put outside the exam centre such that only 20 girls and 20 boys are in the queue at any given point in time
- Markings will be made on the floor to ensure that the candidates maintain social distancing while in the queue
- Room/hall numbers will not be displayed outside the exam centre to avoid crowding
COVID-19 Advisory for NEET 2022 Aspirants
The following safety measures are taken in the exam centre before, during and after the exam duration to ensure precaution against COVID-19.
Before entering the examination hall
Below are the safety measures that candidates need to follow before entering the exam hall.
- Candidates need to report to their NEET 2022 exam centre as per the reporting time mentioned on their admit card only
- They will have to maintain a distance of six feet at all times while waiting in the queue outside the exam centre
- The staff will check the body temperature of the candidates using a Thermo-Gun. Metal detectors will be used for frisking
- There will be no physical frisking at the exam centres for NEET 2022
- Candidates will have to sanitise/wash their hands before entering the examination hall
- They have to display their documents to the staff from a safe distance. The staff will not touch the documents of the candidates during the entire process
Protocol for management of entry inside the exam centre:
Inside the Examination Hall
Following are the instructions candidates must follow inside the exam hall.
- Candidates have to sanitise their hands before entering the allotted exam room
- They have to paste their photograph on the attendance sheet and sign the sheet
- They will now have to sign their NEET 2022 admit card in front of the invigilator
- They will be required to sanitise their hands again after this process
- They will be asked to remove the masks that they wore from their homes and replace them with fresh masks that will be provided at the exam centre
After the examination
After submitting the answer sheets, candidates need to maintain proper discipline and decorum and follow the below instructions while leaving the centre.
- Candidates must remain seated and wait for the instructions from the invigilator
- During exit, invigilators will allow candidates to leave the hall one at a time
- Candidates will have to hand over the duly filed admit card and the OMR sheet to the invigilator on their way out
- Candidates must dispose of their masks and gloves outside the examination centre, pedal push bins will be provided for the same.
Sreetama has over a decade of editorial experience in the higher education beat. A wanderlust by passion, she is also an avid reader and a music lover. Among friends, she is popular for her sense of humour.
News & Updates
Explore Other Exams
I have done 12th with science. Can I appear for NEET exam? I am currently doing BA.
Telangana NEET MBBS seat allotment result 2022 has been released on 2nd November. Those who have participated in the counselling and web options process can check out the seat allotment result. The result has been released online on the official website- tsmedadm. Tsche. In. Hope I answered you w...Telangana NEET MBBS seat allotment result 2022 has been released on 2nd November. Those who have participated in the counselling and web options process can check out the seat allotment result. The result has been released online on the official website- tsmedadm. Tsche. In. Hope I answered you well.
I have given NEET UG this year and I got a score of 194. Can I get a government B.Sc. Nursing College in Madhya Pradesh?
2 weeks ago
No, 2nd round of counselling has not yet been released. You can always check updates on the website.
JEE is related to the engineering field, whereas NEET is related to the medical field. JEE and NEET are both held on an annual basis, and with limited seats, passing these exams becomes more difficult for students. Furthermore, the number of seats in medical colleges is much lower than in enginee...JEE is related to the engineering field, whereas NEET is related to the medical field. JEE and NEET are both held on an annual basis, and with limited seats, passing these exams becomes more difficult for students. Furthermore, the number of seats in medical colleges is much lower than in engineering colleges. Due to the lesser number of seats available in medical colleges and the high level of competition in NEET getting into a good medical college is challenging. As for difficulty level, National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is slightly tougher than Joint Entrance Examination-Mains but easier than Joint Entrance Examination-Advanced, but that is subjective, as seats are comparatively limited in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, making it more competitive. Least Difficult: JEE Mains. Difficult: NEET. Most Difficulty: JEE Advanced. I hope this will help you.
I've heard that the state cut off often reduces by 3-4 marks during the mop up round of NEET UG counselling. Is it true?
I have secured 113 marks in NEET 2022 and my rank is 905892. Can I get admission in Sardar Patel Dental College, Lucknow?
Can I do the choice-filling process in round 2 of the NEET UG counselling if I've registered in round 1?
Yes, you can do choice filling in round 2 of NEET UG counselling. MCC regulations state that you do not have to re-register if you already registered for Round 1. For NEET UG Counseling 2022, the round 2 choice filling and locking process is currently in progress. The deadline for choice filling ...Yes, you can do choice filling in round 2 of NEET UG counselling. MCC regulations state that you do not have to re-register if you already registered for Round 1. For NEET UG Counseling 2022, the round 2 choice filling and locking process is currently in progress. The deadline for choice filling is today. MCC will then release the lists of students who were assigned to medical and dental colleges for round 2. After this round, a fresh process for the mop-up round of NEET UG will be done by MCC. This process is the same for state NEET counselling too.
The round two counselling results are expected on November 11 at the official website of the Medical Counselling Committee. The NEET UG Counseling 2022 Round Two Choice Filling and Locking Process has been extended until today, November 9, per the most recent updates. The results will be announce...The round two counselling results are expected on November 11 at the official website of the Medical Counselling Committee. The NEET UG Counseling 2022 Round Two Choice Filling and Locking Process has been extended until today, November 9, per the most recent updates. The results will be announced by MCC after the choice-filling process is complete. The NEET UG exam is conducted for admission to medical and dental colleges in India.
The National Testing Agency NTA will conduct NEET 2023 exam in July 2023. NEET is a national level entrance exam for admission into MBBS BDS courses provided by most of the medical college's universities in India. NEET 2023 Important Dates. Application form availability December 2022Result announ...The National Testing Agency NTA will conduct NEET 2023 exam in July 2023. NEET is a national level entrance exam for admission into MBBS BDS courses provided by most of the medical college's universities in India. NEET 2023 Important Dates. Application form availability December 2022
Result announcement September 2023
NEET 2023 exam is expected to be conducted in the month of May. We can expect the NEET 2023 registration process to start in December or January for the year 2022, the exam was conducted on July 17 while we can expect the counselling to be conducted by the end of this year