Abhishek DhawanSenior Executive – Content
NMAT Mock Tests 2023: Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) hosts the official NMAT mock tests on the official website, mba.com. GMAC facilitates few free mock tests for NMAT exam. Candidates can also purchase additional mock tests from the NMAT website. The NMAT mock tests are available along with the official preparation guide. The official NMAT mock tests by GMAC has a total of 480 questions from previous exam sessions, while as many as 240 new questions are available in adherence with the NMAT test structure. Additionally, candidates get answer keys and solutions with the mock tests. Practicing the NMAT mock tests is crucial for scoring well on the competitive exam. Candidates failing to practice using the NMAT mock test may not get familiar with the actual structure in the online exam. Scroll down to get direct link to take mock tests and know the benefits of taking NMAT mock tests.
Q: How to score high in NMAT? How does NMAT mock tests help in exam preparation?
To score high in NMAT exam, a candidate must follow an approach to attempt the questions for which he/she knows the answer, and guess the question for which he/she doesn't know the answer. Since there is no negative marking, candidates must attempt all questions in NMAT exam. In the speed-based test, one must aim to answer the questions as soon as possible.
Coming to NMAT exam, a test taker has to answer each question keeping in mind the sectional time limit. Additionally, candidates get to choose the section chronology before the test starts. One can use their analysis from NMAT mock tests to devide a good exam day strategy. Speed and accuracy can also be improved by practising previous years papers and mock tests.
Q: Is NMAT mock test and NMAT exam identical?
NMAT mock test and the actual exam are identical in terms of the exam structure and overall difficulty standards of the exam. The user interface of the NMAT mock test may vary across service providers. However, candidates practising using the official NMAT mock test will get taste of the actual exam user interface.
NMAT mock test released by GMAC is a simulation of the actual exam. Questions, pattern, syllabus, and test structure are similar to the actual exam. However, the score of the NMAT mock test will not affect the admission process at the NMAT participating colleges. Mock test only helps in practicing and revision of the questions.
Q: Does GMAC release official mock tests for NMAT exam?
The conducting body of NMAT, Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), releases the NMAT preparation material. Candidates can buy the NMAT prep material online from Amazon or Flipkart. The online purchase of the NMAT guidebook will provide access to 264 questions from the past exam session, along with 173 new questions in line with the difficulty standards. Candidates also get access to the answers and solutions for these questions. Additionally, candidates get access a total of 475 questions with answer keys and explanations.
Besides the questions from the official guidebook, candidates applying for NMAT get access to one practise paper with 108 questions. Additionally, candidates can purchase two NMAT practise papers designed by GMAC for exam preparation.
Benefits of NMAT Mock Test
The space below mentions the benefits of practicing NMAT 2023 mock tests
- Practising NMAT mock test will help candidates assess their preparation level, strengths, weaknesses and the way forward viz NMAT preparation.
- It will help candidates familiarize themselves with the NMAT exam pattern, types of questions, the difficulty level of questions and the topic-wise weightage of the questions.
- Mock tests are a replica of the actual exam which means attempting an NMAT mock test is just like attempting the NMAT test. Hence, it will give them beforehand experience of the exam.
- The more the candidates practice NMAT mock tests, the better they will get at applying tricks and shortcuts to solve a question.
|DILR Question-Answers for Practice||Quantitative Aptitude Question-Answers for Practice||VARC Question-Answers for Practice|
Q: Do previous years questions or mock test questions get repeated in CAT, NMAT, CMAT and SNAP?
In top MBA exams such as NMAT, SNAP, CMAT and CAT, questions from previous years may not get directly repeated. MBA exams are known for its ever evolving question structure with changing economies. The exam authorities create new and innovative questions each year to assess candidates' problem-solving skills, logical reasoning, and aptitude.
While questions may not get repeated exactly, it is possible to find similar concepts or patterns in different years. The focus of MBA entrance exams, such as NMAT, CAT, CMAT, or SNAP, is to test candidates' ability to think critically and apply their knowledge to solve unfamiliar problems. Therefore, practicing previous year's questions can be beneficial as it helps candidates familiarise with the exam format, identify common question types, and develop their problem-solving skills.
The syllabus of MBA entrance exams typically remains the same with DILR, VARC, and QA sections. While some exams may have an additional section for General Awareness. Therefore, candidates must go through the previous year's questions to get aware of the, type of questions, important topics, and more.
Q: What are the advantages of NMAT mock tests?
NMAT mock test holds the utmost importance during the preparation phase of the exam. Some of the key benefits of integrating mock test in the NMAT preparation strategy are mentioned below:
- Understanding the nature of the exam
- Getting aware of the exam pattern, and syllabus
- Getting rid of exam anxiety
- Preparing an exam day plan
- Helps in designing better exam strategy
- Helps in accessing the preparation levels throughout
- Helps in revising the syllabus and concepts
- Helps increasing speed and accuracy
- Analysing strengths and weaknesses
- Getting aware of the NMAT exam UI
Explore subject-wise topics asked in NMAT
Select your preferred subject
Preparation using NMAT Mock Tests
NMAT mock tests help extensively while preparing for the exam. Here are some tips on how to prepare for the NMAT by GMAC using mock tests:
- Start early; the earlier one starts taking mock test, the more time they have to identify the strengths and weaknesses which leads to an improved score.
- Take mock tests under timed conditions; this helps getting used to the time pressure on the exam day.
- Choose mock tests that are based on the latest NMAT syllabus and pattern; this ensures getting the most accurate assessment of NMAT exam readiness.
- Analyse performance after taking each mock test; this helps identifying areas for improvement.
- Focus on weaknesses. Candidates must not only review the questions where they went wrong. Ensure understanding the concepts behind the questions you were not able to answer. Thiste helps avoiding any future mistakes.
- Practise will make answering questions easy. Taking NMAT mock tests regularly will help candidates improve in terms of speed and accuracy.
Here are some additional tips for enhanced preparation using NMAT mock tests:
- Find a quiet place to create an environment identical to the exam centre.
- Set a timer for each section of the test as per the sectional time limit.
- Do not look at answers before submitting the test.
- Take breaks as you would take while appearing for the NMAT exam.
- After the test, review all answers and identify the strengths and weaknesses.
Q: How can I prepare for the CAT and NMAT simultaneously?
The sections in CAT and NMAT exam are on similar lines. The space below mentions the similarities in the syllabus and exam sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude in CAT and Quantitative Skills in NMAT: The Quantitative Aptitude section of the CAT and the Quantitative Skills section of the NMIMS Management Aptitude Test are both based on very similar topics. If the candidates prepare for the Quantitative Aptitude section of the Common Admission Test, which requires knowledge of higher-level topics, they can easily solve the Quantitative Skills section of the NMIMS Management Aptitude Test since the same foundation topics are covered thoroughly in the Common Admission Test preparation.
- DILR in CAT and logical reasoning in NMAT: The DILR section in the Common Admission Test exam is a combination of data interpretation and logical reasoning, whereas, in the NMIMS Management Aptitude Test, the section is solely logical reasoning. These two sections of the respective exams are different from the other sections. As a result, anyone hoping to pass the NMAT by GMAC should devote enough time to studying for the reasoning section of the exam, as the syllabus covered in the CAT-D section will not suffice.
- VARC in CAT and Language Skills in NMAT: The VARC section of the Common Admission Test combined verbal ability and reading comprehension. Reading comprehension in Common Admission Test usually comes with tricky passages, whereas the passages in NMAT are relatively straightforward. Vocabulary- and grammar-based questions have more weight in the Language Skills section of the NMIMS Management Aptitude Test. However, the CAT VA will include reasoning-based questions. Students who want to prepare for NMIMS Management Aptitude Test and Common Admission Test at the same time must pay close attention to the Language Skills section of the NMIMS Management Aptitude Test after the Logical Reasoning section.
Q: What is the difficulty level of NMAT exam?
The NMAT exam is conducted for MBA admission across multiple B -schools across India and abroad. Based on feedback from test takers of the past exam sessions, test takers found the exam to be moderate to tough in terms of difficulty standards. If compared with other MBA entrance exams, NMAT is comparatively easy as the candidates have the liberty to appear for the test three times and use the best scores for admission. Additionally, candidates can schedule the exam based on his/her convinience.
However, the level of difficulty can vary from year to year. Success in any entrance exam ultimately depends on the candidate's preparation and performance on the exam day.
Q: I am confused between NMAT and SNAP. Will the preparation of NMAT help me in the preparation of SNAP.
Yes, preparation for NMAT and SNAP can be done together as most of the syllabus of both the exams are identical. Candidates are always recommended to appear for both the exams together if you are planning to give any one. Both NMAT and SNAP have four broad sections, that include Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability and Language skills. The names of these sections can change across different exams but are identical in relation to the MBA entrance exams.
Although one can prepare for all MBA entrance exams simultaneously, candidates must tweak the preparation strategy and fine tune a particular type of questions that are seen typically in each of the entrance exam. Some of the tips top prepare for both NMAT and SNAPT simultaneously are as follows:
- Begin by practicing conceptual questions with easy to moderate level difficulty.
- Learn about a lot of tips and tricks which can be used for both NMAT and SNAP. This saves a lot of time while attempting questions.
- Once the concept is clear, one must move on to moderate to tough questions. Transitioning from easy to difficult questions will help candidates preparing for different MBA entrance exams.
- Candidates must appear for mock tests of both NMAT and SNAP to get the clarity in terms of the pattern, difficulty standards, type of questions, and more.
- Start with NMAT mock tests as NMAT exam typically commences in the month of October, while the SNAP exam date lies around December.
Taking the mock tests for both SNAP and NMAT will provide a base to develop an exam day strategy for both the exams.
Take Free NMAT 2023 Mock Test
Shiksha has created a free NMAT mock test for candidates to practice and check their preparation level. Click on the link below, to start the test.
FAQs Regarding NMAT Mock Tests
The space below mentions some of the frequently asked questions on NMAT mock tests:
Q: Where can I get sample questions and answers for MAT and NMAT?
Typically, NMAT or MAT questions are available online. One can get similar questions on multiple third party websites. But the exact question paper is not released by the conducting body. Several books have past year question papers for NMAT and MAT exam. Additionally, GMAC, the conducting body of NMAT exam, releases NMAT official handbook for preparation. On purchase of NMAT official guide, candidates will get access to NMAT mock tests as well as practise questions from previous years NMAT question papers.
Q: Does GMAC prescribe any book for NMAT preparation?
Yes, Graduate Management Admission Council prescribes the NMAT Official Guide for exam preparation. It is created and developed by the exam conducting authority, GMAC, itself and comprises everything an aspirant need to know about the exam, including:
- A detailed overview of the exam format and content
- Actual practice questions from past NMAT exams
- In-depth explanations of each question
- Answer key and scoring guide
- Tips and strategies for test-taking
The NMAT by GMAC official guide is among the most comprehensive resource available for NMAT preparation. It is essential for candidates who aims to maximise their chances of converting admission calls based on NMAT scores.
Q: How can NMAT guidebooks help during preparation?
The NMAT Official Guide is a one-stop solution for NMAT preparation. It comprises topics from all three sections of the NMAT exam. It can help users gain fundamental knowledge and conceptual clarity on all the topics included in the NMAT syllabus. Such knowledge when combined with the rigorous practice of NMAT mock tests and question papers helps any test taker to score high marks in the exam. The key advantage of the Official Guide is that it not only comprises the answers to the questions but also the solution of the same.
News & Updates
Get prep tips, practice papers, exam details and important updates
Answered 3 days ago
No, you cannot join NMIMS without NMAT. Candidates need to appear for the course specific entrance exams conducted by the University. NMIMS also accepts several national-level entrance tests to admits students for UG, PG and PhD courses.
Answered 5 days ago
Candidates seeking admission to MBA based on NMAT scores 2023 can check out the following schedule:
1 Aug '23 - 10 Oct '23
NMAT 2023 Registration Window
11 Oct '23 - 16 Dec '23
NMAT 2023 Retake Registration Window
10 Oct '23 - 19 Dec '23
NMAT 2023 Exam Window
10 Oct '23 - 19 Dec '23
NMAT 2023 Result Declaration
Answered a week ago
Candidates seeking admission to XIM University admission to the full-time MBA in Urban Management and Governance and Master of Business Finance courses must have a valid score in NMAT. Going as per past year trends, cut off for XIM University must be around 140 for NMAT score. Candidates must note
Answered 2 weeks ago
NMAT exam is conducted for admission to more than 45 b-schools in India. The exam eligibility criteria can vary from the eligibility criteria of a particular institute. Additionally, MBA eligibility conditions for all participating institutes can vary. However, the NMAT exam eligibility remains the
Answered 2 weeks ago
The NMAT exam is an MBA entrance exam conducted for admission to top business schools in India and abroad. GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council) conducts the NMAT exam every year within a testing window. B-schools including different campuses of NMIMS, TAPMI, SDA Bocconi, ISB, among others ac
Answered 3 weeks ago
The cut-offs of different colleges are different so once the colleges decide on the NMAT cutoffs they will officially release the set level of cut off individually. However, for reference purposes, they can check the past year NMAT cut-offs to understand the level of a particular college.
The NMAT cu
Answered 3 weeks ago
The sectional cutoffs are used by B-schools to assess a candidate's strengths as well as weaknesses in different areas. Information based on the NMAT sectional cutoff can help institutes to make more informed decisions about admissions. The sectional cutoffs helps ensure all candidates who are admit
Answered 3 weeks ago
The sectional cutoff in NMAT is the minimum score required in each section of the exam in order to be eligible for admission to a particular B-school. The NMAT exam is divided into three sections:
- Language Skills
- Quantitative Skills
- Logical Reasoning
The sectional cutoffs are different for each B-school
Answered 3 weeks ago
NMAT cut off score is the minimum score or marks required for shortlisting the candidate for admission or admission rounds. In simple words mean, the cutoff scores help in the screening process by which candidates can be shortlisted for further selection rounds, including the Group Discussion (GD)/C
Answered 3 weeks ago
NMAT participating institutes decide the cutoff scores for admission and to shortlist candidates for admission rounds. Several factors, including the previous year's cutoff scores, total applicants, total seats, candidate's performance, among other factors helps in deciding the cutoff scores.