CBSE 12th Science - Results, Exam Dates, Syllabus & Sample Papers

CBSE 12th 2023 ( CBSE 12th )

56.7K Views37.2K Comments
This exam is conducted for courses given below:
Updated on Jun 7, 2023 19:35 IST

CBSE Exams 2023 Class 12: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) released the CBSE 12th result 2023 on May 12 at 10:30 am on the official website- cbse.nic.in. Students can check their CBSE result 2023 using roll number, school number and admit card number. CBSE Class 12 result 2023 will be announced together for all three streams- Science, Commerce, and Arts. 

The board conducted the CBSE 12th exams between February 15 and April 5 in offline mode. It released the admit card CBSE Class 12 on February 7 on the official website. Schools can login using their credentials, download them and take a printout of all admit cards. Students can collect the CBSE admit card 2023 from their schools respectively and carry it with them on all exam days failing which they will not be allowed to write the exam. 

Read: CBSE Result 2023 Class 10, 12 Live Updates

CBSE 12th Toppers List 2023: Check CBSE Class 12 toppers names, marks & ranks here

The board revised the CBSE date sheet 2023 for Class 12. Students can check the updated CBSE date sheet at cbse.gov.in, cbse.ac.in. According to the revised CBSE schedule, the exam that was previously scheduled on April 4, 2023, was preponed to March 27, 2023, after the Class 12 business studies and business administration exam on March 25, 2023.

The subjects that were rescheduled are- Urdu Elective, Sanskrit Elective, Carnatic music vocal, Carnatic music mel ins, Carnatic music per ins mridangam, Knowledge tradition & practices of India, Urdu core, Front office operations, insurance, geospatial technology, electrical technology, taxation and mass media studies.

CBSE practical exams 2023 were conducted between January 2 and February 14, 2023. For winter-bound schools, the practicals were conducted from November 15 to December 14, 2022. CBSE date sheet 2023 class 12 includes the exam dates and timings for all subjects covered in the class.

Also read: Digilocker CBSE Result 2023: How to access CBSE 10th 12th Marksheet?

Earlier, the board released the CBSE Class 12 exam date 2023 on December 29, 2022. The Board released the CBSE 12th practice questions 2023 in January. It also released the CBSE class 12 sample question papers at cbseacademic.nic.in

The detailed CBSE date sheet 2023 Class 12 is published in PDF format for all the streams including Science, Commerce and Arts. The CBSE date sheet of class 12 2023 PDF download is now available on the board’s official website, cbse.gov.in.

CBSE Class 12 Date Sheet 2023 Science stream, Commerce stream, and Arts streams are released through a common pdf file. Since it has been released, students can get the CBSE 12th exam date 2023 pdf download direct link on top of this page.

About CBSE 12th

The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts CBSE Class 12 exams every year in pen and paper mode for students studying in Class 12. Those who clear their Class 11 exams from any recognized board of education and have studied for a year in Class 12 are eligible to sit for CBSE 12th board examinations. Students are required to pay the examination fees to register for these exams.

Latest Updates

Also Read:  CBSE Migration Certificate Class 10, 12: How to apply online & download

Also Read: CBSE 10th, 12th Board Exams 2023 preparation tips to score well; Check details here

At the beginning of the session, the Board released the CBSE 12th Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022-23. Students must note that the CBSE date sheet 2023 class 12 pdf download is available below. 

The CBSE 12th Sample papers 2023 were released online on September 16 at cbseacademic.nic.in. CBSE Syllabus 2023 Class 12 was released online on April 21. CBSE also released the assessment scheme for 2022-23. The same has been provided below.

CBSE has also announced its decision of moving back to one-year exam cycle. The exams will be conducted only once a year, as per the pre-COVID pattern. The exams will have 100% syllabus.

Confused about which Course to choose after the 12th?
Take Shiksha Career Test and select the Right Course for your Under Graduation!
Get Unique Recommendations based on your Personality, Hidden Strengths and Natural Abilities

CBSE 12th 2023 Dates

Take a look at the table below for the complete schedule of CBSE 12th 2023 exam

DatesPast Exam Dates

12 May '23

Announcement of CBSE 12th Result 2023

5 Apr '23

CBSE 12th Exams 2023 - Psychology

3 Apr '23

CBSE 12th Exams 2023 - Sociology

CBSE Date Sheet 2023 Class 12 Overview

Features

Details

Full Exam Name

Central Board of Secondary Education Class 12th Examination

Short Exam Name

CBSE Class 12th

Conducting Body

Central Board of Secondary Education

Frequency of Conduct

Annually

Exam Level

Matriculate

Mode of Exam

Exam Duration

3 hours

What's New in CBSE Board Exams 2023

• Board Exams 2023 once a year

The Board has decided to resort back to its pattern of conducting exams once a year

• Changes in the Exam pattern

The CBSE has made certain changes to the Class 12 Board exam pattern 

• 100% syllabus to be covered

The CBSE Class 12 exams 2023 were conducted on the basis of 100% syllabus

Prepare for JEE Main Entrance Exam with Question Papers, Syllabus, Pattern and Preparation Tips

Download Question Papers

CBSE Result Class 12 2023

CBSE will release the CBSE 12th Result 2023 in the third week of May on the official website at cbse.gov.in. Students will be able to check the same by entering their school code, roll number in the field provided.

CBSE Assessment Scheme Class 12 2022-23

The official notification regarding the CBSE 10th Assessment Scheme 2023 reads that the forthcoming sessions a greater number of Competency Based Questions or questions that assess application of concepts in real-life/ unfamiliar situations will be part of the question paper.

In the circular sent to the affiliated schools, the board has stated that for this academic year, there would be only one term or one board examination (as was the norm earlier). The entire syllabus (as per the CBSE Curriculum 2022-23) would be asked in the final examinations. However, the exam pattern has been modified.

Class 12 Board exams 2022-23 would be 30% competency based, 20 % Objective or MCQ and 50% long/ short type answers. 

Download CBSE 12th Assessment Scheme 2023

CBSE  Date Sheet 2023 Class 12

The CBSE Class 12 Exam Dates 2023 was released on December 29, 2022. The CBSE Class 12 exams 2023 began on February 15 and concluded on April 5, 2023. The CBSE date sheet 2023 mentions the exam dates, days, timings for all the subjects along with certain guidelines for students to follow. CBSE practical exams 2023 will be held between January 2 and February 14, 2023.

CBSE Class 12 Exam Pattern and Syllabus 2024

The Board has released the CBSE 2024 exam pattern on the official website. As per reports, more MCQs are to be asked and weightage for short and long answer questions to be reduced. The CBSE class 12th syllabus mentions all the topics and chapters to be covered while preparing for the exam. The CBSE 12th exam pattern states the marking scheme followed in the exam, the duration of papers, different types of questions asked, and much more. Students can click on Science, Commerce, and Arts stream tabs above to check the detailed syllabus and exam pattern for different subjects.

CBSE 12th Sample Papers 2024

CBSE has released the sample papers for the academic year 2023-24. To know the CBSE exam pattern and marking scheme, students are advised to solve CBSE 12th sample papers. The Board has uploaded the CBSE sample papers 2024 to make students familiar with the type of questions that are going to be asked in the Term 1 examination. Students must solve and analyse the sample papers for better preparation for the examinations. This way they'll get to know the areas where they need more practice and those that are thorough.

CBSE Sample Paper Class 12 Daily Practice Questions

Prepare for NEET Entrance Exam with Question Papers, Syllabus, Pattern, and Preparation Tips

Download Question Papers

CBSE 12th Preparation Tips

We have collated some helpful preparation tips that students can follow to do well in your upcoming Class 12 board examination:

1. Follow a proper schedule

Sleep early and wake up early in the morning, have a proper breakfast, and then sit to study. Do not stay up late at night. Take out an hour or two to relax and not think about the exams during the day. Read, sleep, play, or do whatever you think diverts your attention away from exams.

Munch on healthy food while you study. Junk food is a big no.

2. Do not have too much on the plate

Exercise your brain in a constructive way, and do not burden it with a lot of thoughts. Set realistic targets for a day. Do not try and study everything in a single day. Try taking it slow and apportion the revision accordingly. Of the 5 or 6 subjects, pick up 2 or a maximum of 3 subjects and pick up a topic or two from each and go into the depths of the topics, instead of skimming 8-10 topics.

3. Mix and match

Plan the day well. Do not have all easy subjects/topics in a day or do not overburden with topics that one finds difficult. To maximize the output, start with a light subject for an hour or so, and then take up a heavy subject or a topic.

4. Solve sample papers

Practicing sample papers makes one familiar with the exam pattern, marking scheme, and the types of questions asked in the exams.

5. Practice the art of relaxation

Exercise and meditation help improve concentration. Meditation strengthens the mind, it comes under control and is able to provide effective guidance to the physical body to effectively execute all its projects. Psychological Exercises are a powerful way of improving concentration and improving mental strength. During exam time, the aim of a student should be to perform to the best of his/her abilities and also concentrate on keeping themselves healthy, and relaxation exercises will help him/her do that.

CBSE 12th 2023 FAQs

Q: When will the CBSE 12th Result 2023 be declared?

A: The CBSE Class 12 Result 2023 was declared on May 12, 2023.

Q: Can I check CBSE Result 2023 using Microsoft SMS Organizer?

A: No, Microsoft discontinued its CBSE Result service using SMS Organizer starting 2020. The service was provided till 2019.

Q: Is it necessary to collect the original marksheet from the school after the release of the CBSE 12th result?

A: Yes, you must collect your marksheet from school, since the result released online is provisional. This is an important document. It will be required while applying for higher education and a job later.

Q: When will the CBSE 12th exam dates be announced?

A: The CBSE exam dates 2023 were announced on December 29, 2023. The exams were conducted between February 15 and April 5, 2023.

Q: When will the Board conduct the CBSE 12th exams 2023?

A: As per the announced CBSE 12th date sheet 2023, the CBSE conducted the exams from February 15 to April 5, 2023.

Q: Will the CBSE Board exams 2023 be based on 100% syllabus?

A: Yes, CBSE 12th exams 2023 are based on 100% syllabus.

Q: Can I be barred from giving the exam?

A: Students cannot be barred from writing their board examinations. The only exception is if the attendance is below 75 per cent.

Q. What precautions is the CBSE Board taking with regard to the safety of students?

A: Students will be required to wear masks, wash hands, use sanitisers, and maintain social distancing at all times.

Q: How can I prepare for the CBSE 12th exams?

A: The best way is to prepare for the CBSE 12th exam is by first garnering conceptual understanding, followed by practice. Apart from the textbooks, students should refer to the right books and study materials.

Q: What are some of the credible online sources I should refer to for preparation?

A: Students may visit the official website of the National Digital Library of India (NDLI) to refer to the online resources or the study materials for the CBSE 12th exam.

Q: What is the total number of candidates appearing for the CBSE Class 12 exam?

A: According to reports, approximately 12 lakh candidates have registered for the CBSE Class 12 exam.

News & Updates

Latest NewsPopular News
Download Important Dates for Boards Exams

Comments

A

Do I need to take TC from my previous school if I had registered myself as CBSE private student for class 12?

Aayushi Bijawe

Contributor-Level 10

Yesterday

The requirement for a Transfers Certificate (TC) may vary from school to school and from educational board to board. Generally, if you have registered yourself as a CBSE private student for Class 12, it means you are not attending regular classes at a school. In such cases, the need for a TC may not

...more

K

I have scored 75 marks PCB and 64 marks in PCM in KCET and 90% in 12th exam. Please send me which college I will get in both engineering a.

Aayushi Bijawe

Contributor-Level 10

Yesterday

College admissions are determined by various factors, including the cutoff scores set by individual colleges, the number of available seats, and the competition among applicants.Additional, it's a good idea to research and consider multiple colleges that match your preference and interests. Look int

...more

P

Which UG course should I pursue if I am weak in Maths & done 12th with commerce stream without maths?

Aayushi Bijawe

Contributor-Level 10

Yesterday

If you're weak in math and have completed your 12th grade with a commerce stream without mathematics, there are still plenty of undergraduate courses that you can pursue. Here are a few options:

1. Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com): Since you have a background in commerce, pursuing a B.Com degree would be a

...more

A

I opted for neuro technician course after my 12th Is it good?

Aayushi Bijawe

Contributor-Level 10

Yesterday

Opting for a neuro technician course after completing your 12th can be a good choice, depending on your interests and career goals. Neuro technician, also known as EEG (electroencephalogram) technician or neurodiagnostic technologists, are professionals who perform diagnostic tests to study and reco

...more

B

As I have failed in 12th (science).So, can I change my stream fromScienceto arts? What would be the requirements?

Aayushi Bijawe

Contributor-Level 10

Yesterday

Yes, you can change your stream from Science to Arts after failing in 12th grade. Changing your stream is a personal choice and is possible in most educational systems. However, the specific requirements and procedures may vary depending on your country, state, or educational institution. Here are s

...more

K

I have scored 75 marks PCB and 64 marks in PCM in KCET and 90% in 12th exam . Please send me which college I will get in both engineering a

Aayushi Bijawe

Contributor-Level 10

Yesterday

Since you have scored 75 marks in PCB and 64 marks in PCM, it implies that you are interested in both engineering and medical fields. To provide a comprehensive answers, I will list some colleges that you may be eligible for based on your KCET scores for both engineering and medical programs:

Enginee

...more

S

Is the CG PET syllabus similar to the 12th standard?

S

Saakshi Varsha Lama

Contributor-Level 10

Yesterday

Yes. CG PET syllabus is similar to the 12th standard syllabus. The subjects, unit and topics to be studied for CG PET is similar to the ones that are prepared while tempting the 12th standard board qualifying examination. Therefore, the candidates will be able to prepare simultaneously for CG PET an

...more

U

I have just started my 12th grade this year in school. Will I be eligible for appearing NDA 2 examination commencing this September 2023?

pradeep kumar

Scholar-Level 18

Yesterday

The candidates who are appearing in 12th are eligible to apply for NDA-2. But you have to submit the 12 th passing proof before 24 06.2024. So you can apply if meeting the age criteria in

S

Do the top colleges across India accept or recognize the NIOS 12th scores?

S

Salviya Antony

Contributor-Level 9

2 days ago

Yes, majority of the top colleges or institutes across India accept the candidature of the students belonging to the NIOS Board. However, the students must fulfil other eligibility criteria of the colleges they are planning to take admission. The Secondary/Senior Secondary certificates obtained from

...more

A

I don't give JEE Main exam Is it possible I take admission in gov college in Indore in 12th marks basis or CUET exam in BE degree.

pradeep kumar

Scholar-Level 18

2 days ago

The admission in Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya, Indore for Integrated M.Tech will be based on CUET scores. So participate in CUET UG counselling for getting admission here in integrated M.Tech courses.

A

Ashleigh

Contributor-Level 7

2 days ago

This is not possible. Giving the JEE Mains exam is mandatory since it is the sole criteria on which admission is based.

We use cookies to improve your experience. By continuing to browse the site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy.