Rachit Kumar SaxenaManager-Editorial
SSC GD 2021 syllabus was prescribed in the official notification. The candidates must refer to the syllabus to prepare well for the exam. The syllabus is the most important part of the preparation because it provides a clear picture of the horizontal expansion of the preparation. The syllabus of SSC GD constable comprises topics under General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Knowledge and General Awareness, Elementary Mathematics and English/Hindi. SSC GD Constable exam comprises 100 objective type questions. Check complete SSC GD exam pattern. The questions in the test are of matriculation level. The detailed SSC GD Constable syllabus is given below.
SSC GD Constable Syllabus 2021 of General Intelligence & Reasoning
The test assesses a candidate’s analytical aptitude and ability to observe and distinguish patterns. Questions are basically non-verbal types. Questions are asked from the following topics –
- Similarities and differences
- Spatial Visualization
- Spatial Orientation
- Visual Memory
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Figural Classification
- Arithmetic Number Series
- Non- Verbal series
- Coding and Decoding, etc.
SSC GD Constable Syllabus 2021 for General Knowledge and General Awareness
Questions in this section are framed to assess a candidate’s general awareness. The test includes the following topics like India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, and scientific Research etc.
SSC GD Constable Syllabus 2021 for Elementary Mathematics
The test includes questions from the following topics –
- Number Systems
- Computation of Whole Numbers
- Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers
- Fundamental Arithmetical Operations
- Percentages, Ratio and Proportion
- Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss
- Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio
- Time, Time and Work, etc.
SSC GD Constable Syllabus 2021 for English/Hindi
The section assesses a candidate’s ability to understand basic English/Hindi and Comprehension. Questions in this section are basically asked from the following topics –
- Fill in the blanks
- One-word substitution
SSC GD Constable Books
The section-wise best books for SSC GD Constable are given below –
General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by Kiran Publication
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- Non-Verbal Reasoning by BS Sijwali & Indu Sijwali
- Shortcuts in Reasoning (Verbal, Non-Verbal & Analytical) for competitive exams by Disha Experts
- Popular Arithmetic Multiple-Choice Questions by RPH Editorial Board
- SSC Mathematics Chapterwise Questions by Rakesh Yadav
- Maths For SSC Constable Exam by Ram Singh Yadav, Yajvender Yadav
- Complete Mathematics (Part-1) by Rishikesh Kumar
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi
- Objective General English by RS Agarwal
- English Grammar Book by Wren and Martin
- Popular English Grammar (with Hindi Explanations)
SSC GD 2021 Syllabus FAQs
Q: What is SSC GD syllabus?
A: SSC GD Constable syllabus is the important subjects and topics from which questions are asked in the exam.
Q: Who prescribes SSC GD syllabus?
A: The Staff Selection Commission prescribes SSC GD syllabus.
Q: Is SSC GD syllabus released for all the stages of the exam?
A: SSC GD syllabus is released for CBE stage of the exam only.
Q: Why is SSC GD syllabus important?
A: SSC GD syllabus is important as it is the first step towards effective preparation for the exam. Candidates are recommended to go through each topic of SSC GD syllabus thoroughly.
Q: From which subjects questions are asked in CBE of SSC GD exam?
A: In SSC GD CBE, questions are asked from subjects such as General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Knowledge and General Awareness, Elementary Mathematics and Language (English/Hindi).
Q: What is the weightage of SSC GD CBE?
A: SSC GD CBE holds weightage of 100 marks.
Q: Is SSC GD syllabus released every year?
A: SSC GD syllabus is typically released along with the release of the notification. SSC GD notification is released as per the number of vacancies intimated by MHA to SSC.
Q: What is the marking scheme of SSC GD CBE?
A: In SSC GD CBE, one mark is allotted for every correct answer. There is no negative marking in the exam.
Q: Is studying SSC GD syllabus enough for preparation of the exam?
A: No, SSC GD syllabus is only the first step. Candidates must read important books for the exam. Also, they should attempt previous year's question papers and mock tests.
Q: Which are the important books for SSC GD exam?
A: For SSC GD Constable preparation, candidates should study books such as Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal, Maths For SSC Constable Exam by Ram Singh Yadav and Objective General English by SP Bakshi.
Q: In which mode is SSC GD exam held?
A: SSC GD CBE is held in online mode.
Q: What is the difficulty level of SSC GD CBE?
A: Questions asked in SSC GD CBE are of Class 12 level.