The exam is being held in two shifts, from 9 am to 12 pm (morning shift) and from 3 pm to 6 pm (evening shift) in various exam centres across the country and abroad.
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2023 Session 1 has started from today, January 24 , 2023. The exam is being held in two shifts, from 9 am to 12 pm (morning shift) and from 3 pm to 6 pm (evening shift) in various exam centres across the country and abroad.
The National Testing Agency issued an important notice regarding duplication of JEE Main 2023 session 1 application form. The agency clarified that some candidates have filled multiple applications and their candidature have been kept on hold. They will not be allowed take the test on January 24 and 25.
The notice further states that a communication has been sent to them on their registered email ID. All such candidates need to clarify their position with a justified representation. They will be allowed to appear for the exam in the current session only once after their identity is established by them
JEE Main 2023 Session 1 will be held on January 24, 25, 29, 30, 31 and February 1 for paper 1 (BE/Btech). On January 28, the BArch/BPlanning paper will be held in single shift.
JEE Main 2023 exam day guidelines
Candidates will be allowed entry or exit into/from the JEE Main 2023 exam centre only as per the schedule.
- Any conversation or gesture or disturbance in the exam hall will be deemed as misbehaviour. If a candidate is found using unfair means or impersonating, their candidature will be cancelled.
- Candidates wearing any special attire due to religious reasons are advised to reach the exam centers earlier in order to undergo thorough checking and mandatory frisking.
- Carrying the NTA JEE Main admit card 2023 clearly printed on A4 size sheets is mandatory. Candidates are also required to bring the following documents- self-declaration form/undertaking/proforma for printed on A4 size sheet, duly filled; valid photo ID proof; simple transparent ball point pen; a copy of same photograph that was used in application form to paste on attendance sheet; PwD certificate where applicable; documents related to scribes where applicable.
- Pen/Pencil and blank paper of rough work will be provided in the JEE exam hall. Candidates must write their name and roll number at the top of their sheet. This sheet will be returned to the invigilator before leaving the exam hall.
- Candidates will have to drop their JEE Main Hall Ticket 2023 and rough sheet in the box after displaying it to the invigilator.
- Additional items allowed in the exam hall are- personal hand sanitiser (50 ml), personal transparent water bottle, mask and gloves, sugar tablets/ fruits for diabetic candidates.
Vishu is a writer, an artist, a cat and an ardent music lover. She loves to read, sketch and explore new places in her leisure time. She has nine years of experience in print media.